The balcony dream.....

Mytime2014

I thought that the folks who got to 4 and 5 star Mariner got special perks/offers etc that 0 - 3 star do not get [that was strictly going by the HAL Mariner chart of benefits/perks]. Perhaps I am mistaken.

Those would be perks, not special treatment. All cruise lines have them. My friend that is a one star gets better pricing then I do. This is just information and it doesn't mean that I need to go on a "good" cruise.

Your cruise is bound to be good. We're getting on the day you depart, and our trips are always good, so it just goes to follow...

I'll try to leave the ship in one piece for you:D. I need posters to understand that just because I did not enjoy the Westerdam doesn't mean I don't enjoy Hal. People should be free to express feelings. I'm seeing more and more people dissed on this board lately for being honest. That is pretty sad. I'm excited for my November cruise, just like I am for every cruise. This is not directed at you POA.

Edited by cruz chic

I'll try to leave the ship in one piece for you:D. I need posters to understand that just because I did not enjoy the Westerdam doesn't mean I don't enjoy Hal. People should be free to express feelings. I'm seeing more and more people dissed on this board lately for being honest. That is pretty sad. I'm excited for my November cruise, just like I am for every cruise. This is not direct at you POA.

I didn't think it was. I kind of figured you wouldn't cruise so often if you didn't generally have a good time.

While we're bummed that we are missing you by mere hours, (seriously - crying so hard the tears are running down our legs) we're happy that you're on the NA before us. It's always good to have an unvarnished on-the-scene reporter on a ship before we sail.

I didn't think it was. I kind of figured you wouldn't cruise so often if you didn't generally have a good time.

While we're bummed that we are missing you by mere hours, (seriously - crying so hard the tears are running down our legs) we're happy that you're on the NA before us. It's always good to have an unvarnished on-the-scene reporter on a ship before we sail.

I bet you are crying. I see your nose growing:D;). My cruise last October on the Eurodam was probably my best ever. Were there issues? Yes, but the good far outweighed the bad. I'm a brutally honest person and I don't sugar coat things. I like that trait in others too. Some people, not so much.

Those would be perks, not special treatment. All cruise lines have them. My friend that is a one star gets better pricing then I do. This is just information and it doesn't mean that I need to go on a "good" cruise.

I have tried at least 2 times to apologize for what you consider on my part to be any disrespect for any comments made to you or in the course of a thread in which we both participated at any time in the period subsequent to your recent cruise on the Westerdam. I was disheartened that you did not enjoy your Westerdam cruise. I was hoping there would be many things to look forward to, knowing that you have such a high level of cruise experience that I dare not hope to ever attain, since I'm going to have to work full time and a half until I'm 75 at least!!! I look forward to all honest reviews because they point out the positive, the negative and how to resolve the negatives if possible.

That said. I did not at any time intend to disrespect you or your opinion. As you know, it is not easy to read tone, especially sarcastic humor into a post on a forum in which one has no personal knowledge of the person/persons to whom one responds, or in many case to person/persons who may read a response that one may have addressed to someone else.

I do not expect special treatment and do not accuse you or others of getting/expecting special treatment. I also do not think that the use of the words "special treatment", "benefits", or "perks" is confusing in that someone with the accrued points/stars/miles/days/nights in a particular program in which one is granted perks/benefits/special treatment will receive said "perks" when they do business with that entity.

I will submit this as MY APOLOGY for anything that escaped my fingertips and that you felt was judgmental or rude or disrespectful to your opinion. That is all I can do. I wish you well.

Maybe it starts at five star because it sure hasn't happened for us at four stars.

:D

We're on a week before you this fall. We'll do our darndest to make sure that the NA is in full awesome mode in time for your arrival. :)