Hotels in Southampton

Missbrightstar

We have stayed in the Novotel and De Vere Grand Harbour. The Novotel was pleasant enough but lacked aircon - the De Vere was much nicer but also much more expensive. Both are great for cruise terminal access as is the Holiday Inn which we ate in following an embarkation delay. In August I wouldn't take a chance on a room without aircon. I am sure others on here can advise further; perhaps you can give an idea of budget to assist in suitable recommendations. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Premier Inn West Quay doesn't have its own car park but there is a large public car park right next to it. You need to get your parking ticket stamped at the hotel reception for a reduced fee.

with no car.

Premier Inn West Quay

New modern wel liked not to far to walk upto the highstreet.

Dolphin (join accor loyalty for deals)

Star a little run down but functional and breakfast was fine.

Both on the high street so good location with the wetherspoon between them which is OK and the beer choice has been good.

Near is the Coriander lounge a very nice curry house.

Holiday inn is next to city terminal so a short walk if thats your terminal and still ok for a walk into the town.

the Grand harbour is not a devere any more.

to get a feel for the locations

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=southampton+hotels&hl=en&ll=50.902627,-1.403375&spn=0.019297,0.047421&sll=51.815241,-0.815437&sspn=0.075664,0.189686&hq=hotels&hnear=Southampton,+United+Kingdom&t=m&fll=50.906605,-1.407151&fspn=0.019295,0.047421&z=15

Edited by insidecabin

The Premier Inn West Quay doesn't have its own car park but there is a large public car park right next to it. You need to get your parking ticket stamped at the hotel reception for a reduced fee.

Brilliant thanks. :D

Do you know if there's a shuttle....or is it walkable?

Cheers

Davy !!!

You don't say which terminal in Southampton - Ocean, Mayflower, City or QE2?

I don't know if there's a shuttle or not but you could try putting the postcodes in Google Maps and Google Street View to see if you think it's walkable.

West Quay hotel - SO15 1BA

Ocean terminal - SO14 3QN

QE2 terminal - SO14 3GG

Mayflower terminal - SO15 1HJ

City terminal - SO15 1AJ

City is walkable Mayflower a bit further the other two a bit of a trek with bags.

Chances are there will be others at the hotel.

You could buddy up and get a taxi for the luggage to the bag drop and take a leisurely walk.

Having stayed at most of the hotels in Southampton I should let you know that there are no hotel shuttles at all unless you are staying at a hotel with a stay and park deal and some of those are now one-way only.

We usually stay at the Premier Inn West Quay. We book the flexible price and keep an eye on room rates so we can cancel the higher price and rebook at the lower price, if room rates drop:D. It doesn't cost much for a taxi to the port whichever terminal you're using.

We usually stay at the Premier Inn West Quay. We book the flexible price and keep an eye on room rates so we can cancel the higher price and rebook at the lower price, if room rates drop:D. It doesn't cost much for a taxi to the port whichever terminal you're using.

I thought prices went up nearer the time, not down.

The price I was looking at a while ago at the said hotel was £70/74 when I first looked. Then it went up to £78/82. Now it's nearer the time, it's gone up to £82/85

Edited by Ray66