Pro-rated Soda Package?

I have been reading about how the drinks and replenish packages can be pro -rated for the final four days of a cruise, and I was wondering if that applies to the just soda package as well? Honestly, at home we drink water and iced tea, not really soda but we are intrigued by the freestyle soda machines. It will not break our budget to buy the package for the full week for my daughter, but if I can pro-rate it I will get it for her and I for the last 4 days so we can both try it out.

TIA for any insight!

Depending on your departure port, you may pay local sales tax if you buy before you are in open seas. This is the case in Cape Liberty. With that in mind, we purchase our soda packages online before we sail. We avoid the 7% sales tax and are able to get our beverages as soon as we board. You won't have your "souvenir" cup until after 1 PM, when you are able to access your cabin, but you can still get a soda with your buffet lunch, from a waiter.

Have a great cruise.

Depending on your departure port, you may pay local sales tax if you buy before you are in open seas. This is the case in Cape Liberty. With that in mind, we purchase our soda packages online before we sail. We avoid the 7% sales tax and are able to get our beverages as soon as we board. You won't have your "souvenir" cup until after 1 PM, when you are able to access your cabin, but you can still get a soda with your buffet lunch, from a waiter.

Have a great cruise.

We've never been charged sales tax for purchasing packages on board while in a US port. Single drinks do have sales tax added, but it's not been added to packages for us, including at Cape Liberty.