Liberty 9704 corner aft

Going on a sailing in December of 2015. I have had balcony cabins in the past but never a corner aft. Does anyone have experience with this particular cabin or corner aft cabins in general. Would love some information before we lock it in.

Its just like any other e2 on the ship, different view and maybe a very slightly bigger balcony.

I would rather book the e1 corner afts on deck 7, very large balconies.

If e2 is your choice I would rather have one on the hump

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=684605&highlight=freedom+class+aft+balconies

Edited by setsail

See if Cabins #1700 or #1400 are available, may not cost much more and it's a bigger cabin with a better balcony with a better view.

6th, 13th, 20th or 27th?

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

9704 on Liberty would be just like Rooms 9390 and 9690 on Voyager. Lots of aft room pics on voyager-class dot com.

The pics I found show a round window and a single door.

Nice room with aft and partial side view - smaller pie shaped balcony.

Standard room size.

9704.pdf

If it's 6th or 13th sailing,..........looks like it would be just about $100 per person to move up to a Category D1, well worth it for the larger cabin which is just about the size of a Junior Suite for the D1 price.

Sailing is on the 27th.

I didn't realize the balcony space was a big difference between e2 and e1.

I would appreciate cabin suggestions want to make this special as it is our 10 year wedding anniversary cruise.

Sailing is on the 27th.

I didn't realize the balcony space was a big difference between e2 and e1.

I would appreciate cabin suggestions want to make this special as it is our 10 year wedding anniversary cruise.

Category D1 #1700 and #1400 are both available. They are the best D1's

Category E1 #7708 and #7408 are both available also. Largest Balcony on the entire ship including all the Suites. Room is the just the regular size.

Balcony doesn't get as much sun as The D1's above but the balconies on deck 7 is much larger.

If you are looking for a larger cabin, go with one of the D1's, if the Balcony means more to you go with one of the cabins on deck 7.

I have been in this cabin and we love it. Nice sized balcony, sort of pie shaped and it has a door not a sliding door. It also has a large round window right by the bed. Very quiet and there is no obstruction from the superstructure at the back. I would book this cabin again and we usually try to get true afts. For us it is about the balcony and not the cabin. We have been in both E and D cabins and the difference in the room size is not that much. Here is a link to a picture of your balcony. Top row, second from left.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cabin+9704+freedomof+the+seas&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=tlZ6U-LSGcbD8AGGzYGoDA&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=688

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

This thread pretty much explains what the 2 cabins are like...same cabins different ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1978788&highlight=jimbo+hammock

Please take note, picture # 3 in this post#13 in the thread above is the Balcony of cabin #7688 deck 7......not cabin #1688 like Mom said, I think she got her pictures mixed up.

Here this thread explains how I put up a hammock on deck 7's balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38278560&postcount=282

To answer your question I would say deck 7's balcony is more useable then the one on deck 10 because of the beam and teh portion of the balcony that is set back under in the shade...........I would say deck 7's is aleast 2 1/2 times larger.

Edited by Jimbo

The deck 7 corner aft balconies are covered, but are the largest on the ship at almost 200 sq feet. The deck 10 balconies I would guess about 120 sq feet. I plan to measure these next year to get an accurate number. All of these are big enough to hold a party !!! Loungers and chairs on most of these.

See if Cabins #1700 or #1400 are available, may not cost much more and it's a bigger cabin with a better balcony with a better view.

6th, 13th, 20th or 27th?

we meet a nice couple who had one of those rooms a couple of weeks ago, much larger than normal balcony rooms and balconey was huge had 2 lounge chairs and 2 normal chairs with plenty of room left over, balconey was nicer than ours and we were in GS

we meet a nice couple who had one of those rooms a couple of weeks ago, much larger than normal balcony rooms and balconey was huge had 2 lounge chairs and 2 normal chairs with plenty of room left over, balconey was nicer than ours and we were in GS

Sad but true..........you would think you would have a nicer balcony for paying all that money for a GS too wouldn't you?

We spent ALOT of time on that deck 7 Balcony. Maybe even more then in the cabin itself.

We had a pretty large table on the balcony too, plus took the tiny coffee table from the cabin out on the deck. when room service brought our breakfast we would put the trays on that table and have breakfast and afternoon snacks on the large table. You can see that table in my posts above in that thread. We didn't use the lounge chairs as much because I had the hammock to relax on. My wife just used the regular chairs to sit on.

Edited by Jimbo

Sad but true..........you would think you would have a nicer balcony for paying all that money for a GS too wouldn't you?

We spent ALOT of time on that deck 7 Balcony. Maybe even more then in the room itself.

We had a pretty large table on the balcony too, plus took the tiny coffee table from the cabin out on the deck. when room service brought our breakfast we would put the trays on that table and have breakfast and afternoon snacks on the large table. You can see that table in my posts above in that thread. We didn't use the lounge chairs as much because I had the hammock to relax in. My wife just used the regular chairs to sit on.

I had no compaints on the GS but we had to ask for a lounge chair, booked another for April but booked a JS nov 2015 in room 1706 so we should have great aft view.

I had no compaints on the GS but we had to ask for a lounge chair, booked another for April but booked a JS nov 2015 in room 1706 so we should have great aft view.

Great Cabin and Balcony, did you get the BOGOHO deal, if so that's even a better deal.

Great Cabin and Balcony, did you get the BOGOHO deal, if so that's even a better deal.

yes the prices was great for both, plus we get diamond discount, would love to get to double diamond and get all those perks, should have booked it while we were on the ship to get the extra on board credit . Loved the GS perks

Unfortunately my TA said the only non JS aft balconies available are 9704, 9706, 9406 and 9404. Should I look into a hump balcony instead or pony up the extra $ for a JS aft balcony?

What's the total difference in price for the JS, and how many days is the cruise?

If the seas are calm, the corner aft is wonderful. If it's a bumpy ride, well, expect a lot of motion. On one particular cruise, we were in a corner aft and the seas were really rough. I spent hours upon hours on Deck 4 in a lounge chair letting the wind hit my face and staring at the horizon. I would have cheerfully traded with the crew for a midship cabin on Deck 1 or 2. December can be a bumpy ride. Motion doesn't bother my husband at all (he's a retired Navy officer.) I do pack SeaBands and take Bonine and haven't had problems in years and years. We stick to the hump these days just to be on the safe side.