12:40 flight from Hobby ?

If you do the self-debark you can get off the ship pretty early from what I've read (8 AM?) so getting to the airport in time shouldn't be an issue... you just have to drag all your luggage along with you, but it definitely speeds things up.

Edited by Shaded Lady

OP is sailing the Magic on November 2nd. You are correct that usually fog is not an issue in November. That said, it is Texas. The weather here is always unpredictable. It does help the you are sailing the Coz/GC/Jamaica itinerary. Belize always delays disembark. If you return to port on time and if you don't have delayed disembarkation and if there isn't a wreck on 45 you should be good. But I would suggest you self assist off the ship and have your transportation waiting. Be prepared with a back up plan just in case. Happy Cruising.

OP is sailing the Magic on November 2nd. You are correct that usually fog is not an issue in November. That said, it is Texas. The weather here is always unpredictable. It does help the you are sailing the Coz/GC/Jamaica itinerary. Belize always delays disembark. If you return to port on time and if you don't have delayed disembarkation and if there isn't a wreck on 45 you should be good. But I would suggest you self assist off the ship and have your transportation waiting. Be prepared with a back up plan just in case. Happy Cruising.

Then self debark should get you there with time to spare... Especially if you are platinum or fttf... If it were Belize I'd say no...

Is this pushing it ? We can get a later flight but its 100 more pp and i need 7 seats huge savings its at the end of bike rally in Galveston and I hear fog isnt ususlly an issue in Nov.

We flew out of Hobby after our Magic cruise a few weeks ago. We had a 5:20 flight. (The only other choice was 10:30 but we didn't want to chance that flight.) We purposely stayed on the ship until 10:20, when the last 159 passengers were kindly asked to leave.

Then we had to deal with customs. Since we had passports, we breezed through customs. There were over 300 people in the non-passport line, so that's something to keep in mind.

We had booked Carnival's shuttle and arrived at Hobby at noon. Getting through security at Hobby took only a few minutes. (For those keeping track, that is one hour and forty minutes from Atrium on Magic to Hobby.)

If you get off immediately with Self Assist, hopefully customs lines will be shorter and you can get to Hobby in plenty of time.

we recently had a 12:50 flight from Hobby and made it in time to ask if there was room on the 11:00am flight (unfortunatly no) We did platinum self assist and were off the boat by 8 waited 20-30mins for our car service to arrive and we were off to Hobby.

We had a later flight out of Hobby and didn't make it. Needless to say, we will never cruise out of Galveston again. We found out about the delay issues with cruise lines leaving Galveston after our cruise.

We had a later flight out of Hobby and didn't make it. Needless to say, we will never cruise out of Galveston again. We found out about the delay issues with cruise lines leaving Galveston after our cruise.

May I ask what caused the delay ? Were the airlines helpfull in re booking?

Southwest has a new policy about missed flights. If you don't notify them up to 10 minutes prior to missing the flight, you lose the money you paid for that flight. Just make sure the ship notifies them or you do. (Not sure if Carnival notifies them if they didn't book your flight.) I just booked with SW yesterday and they mentioned this new policy several times.

Southwest has a new policy about missed flights. If you don't notify them up to 10 minutes prior to missing the flight, you lose the money you paid for that flight. Just make sure the ship notifies them or you do. (Not sure if Carnival notifies them if they didn't book your flight.) I just booked with SW yesterday and they mentioned this new policy several times.

I was aware of that and despite the fact the rep said carnival will notify them I will too in the event of a delay . Thanks tho :)