Self-serve wine bar?

Celebrate3

If it's like Breakaway, there are machines that will decant various types of wine for you after you swipe your room key. I saw them at the buffet and in the Atrium. Very high tech; there seemed to be at least 6 different types of wine in there with visible bottles & labels.

I would imagine you don't get the gratuity tacked on then too since you get it yourself!

YES the gratuity is added to your bill. They do have to restock the bottles, supply glasses and do the maintenance on these :(

Too bad it's not included with the UBP.... :(

YES it is included in the UBP. There is a set time limit between swipes you can do on your card ( think it is 10 minutes ) but I swiped my GF card then my card and we both got our glass of wine INCLUDED in the UBP to a max amount of 10$

I found this to be a very convenient way to get wine. We filled our glass, walked around a little, filled again, and just before we went to a restaurant we just went there and got our glass filled again...got our moneys worth of that UBP :D

YES the gratuity is added to your bill. They do have to restock the bottles, supply glasses and do the maintenance on these

YES it is included in the UBP. There is a set time limit between swipes you can do on your card ( think it is 10 minutes ) but I swiped my GF card then my card and we both got our glass of wine INCLUDED in the UBP to a max amount of 10$

I found this to be a very convenient way to get wine. We filled our glass, walked around a little, filled again, and just before we went to a restaurant we just went there and got our glass filled again...got our moneys worth of that UBP

OK. I stand corrected ;). I'm now really liking my purchase now that those stations are included. But isn't it stated in the Terms & Conditions that the Wine Stations are not included.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

Unless I'm reading it wrong (and I think I am :eek:) and it means no wines from the stations over $10. Again if that's the case and it does allow you to purchase :D:D:D

OK. I stand corrected ;). I'm now really liking my purchase now that those stations are included. But isn't it stated in the Terms & Conditions that the Wine Stations are not included.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

Unless I'm reading it wrong (and I think I am :eek:) and it means no wines from the stations over $10. Again if that's the case and it does allow you to purchase :D:D:D

Yeah you are right...this was my experience last November on the BA.... the UBP changed last week....well I guess we will have to wait and see reports from current cruisers...

• 3 months later...

Has anyone gone recently that can verify? It looks clear to me that wine stations are NOT included, according to the terms on the NCL site. If they choose to allow it on a particular ship is another thing. We are going on the 9/13 and would love confirmation on the changes. We are going to be on the Getaway.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms