What to do with luggage after cruise?

Veng

Our flight isn't until 2:30pm out of San Juan. I'd rather not just hang out at the airport for several hours, and we'll have a couple of checked bags, so I don't feel like dragging them around San Juan either. I know in some ports, RCI has luggage valet services, but it doesn't seem to have one for San Juan if I'm reading their information correctly. Will United accept luggage at 9 or 10am so we can spend a couple of hours enjoying San Juan instead of sitting in the airport or are we doomed to be bored the last day of our trip? Yes, I know I could have gotten a hotel the day after, but there were enormous differences in airfare prices that made it simply not practical.

There is a restaurant/bar in Old San Juan called Barrachina's that will store your luggage for free while you tour San Juan.

Edited by clarea

We took a ship tour upon our return - we had a nice breakfast before we left the ship - we were one of the first off because there were busses waiting for us - we dropped our luggage off at a truck - they loaded our luggage and took it to the airport while we boarded a bus that took us to the Bacardi factory. Quite a nice tour then the bus took us to the airport - dropped us off about 12:30 we picked up our luggage and then went to the agricultural xray machine then to check in. i think there were three tours to choose from but I only remember two which is the Bacardi Tour and then there was a tour of Old and New San Juan. I would do it again and it wasn't a too awful bad price. I think it was 30 pp. Worth it for us not to sit at the airport and our luggage was taken care of. Just another choice. :)

Edited by britty1

Take a cab to Barranchina's. They have a website so you can find an address. They will store your luggage for free. I used in in Feb. and it worked out great.

They do ask that you tip, but it's so nice to have a place to leave luggage so you don't need to sit in the airport for hours