B2B or 14 day

FoghornLeghorn

Update on above comment. I called Princess and they explained they only allow a few cabins to be available for 14 day. I reasoned with the Rep on why this is ridiculous when we are so far out and it's important for me to be lower on the ship. I mean really, what difference does it make anyway? She called a supervisor and they gave me the cabin I really wanted.:D

Thank you fellow CCs for this thread and thank you Dave, I got the cabin you so highly recommended when you were on the Royal:D:D

Edited by sasha'smom

The cabin I wanted on my B2B cruise was not available for the 14 day option , so I ended up booking 2 cruises. since I am Elite and used 2 FCCs and booked a suite, it worked out that my perks and OBCs were better on the 2 cruise option and we don't have to move. My TA helped work out the logistics for the best deal. It has turned out to be a really super price. Mainly because the suite was on sale and that rarely happens. And that is one reason I booked both cruises.

Hi Guys

A bit of information relevant to this thread.

I've booked a 14 Day Caribbean Adventurer cruise, which is the B2B 7day Eastern, plus, 7day Western on the Regal Princess. I used my FCC towards the booking, and was treated as a 14 day cruise for my FCC promotion. I have checked my Captain's circle cruise personaliser, and I am Automatically receiving cruise credits for 2 cruises (I am in a suite, so it's showing as 4 cruise credits for the 14 day Itinerary. So I automatically got the best of both worlds there (cruise credit recognition for status level, and FCC promotion) Hooray!!

Edited by Lanwood

As another poster mentioned, there are many more staterooms available for the 7-day cruises, alot of them available for both legs; only two in our category still available when booking as a 14-day.

Wish us luck!;)

A good Travel Agent can work with Princess to get the cabin you want for the 14-day even if it only shows up on the two 7-day segments.

I have a good agent but she was surprised they gave me the cabin I wanted when they had them blocked for the two 7 day cruises. She to,d me she's been turned down for that in the past. I only called myself because she wasn't available and I wanted to get it settled. I just checked my personalizer and I also am showing 2 cruises. Since we are Elite it won't do anything for us regarding cruise credits, however I've read elsewhere that we will get new set ups for the second leg even though we are booked as a 14 day cruise, so that's great!

See above

Why is this 14 day cruise treated so differently than any other? If we get shipboard credits for being stockholders and from our FCC I don't understand why it would only apply to the first 7 days when we are booked for 14 days, not a b2b. The FCC gives you credit based on your cabin and length of cruise. They gave me credit based on a 14 day cruise, not 7. So why wouldn't it last for the duration of the cruise?

If you opt for the B2B make sure you can get the same cabin for both cruises. We had to change cabins for two Coastal CA cruises. Changing cabins is not a hard thing to do but it is not as easy as Princess claims. We ended up moving most of the luggage ourselves. It wasn't a big deal but it did take some time and coordination with both room stewards.

When we did a b2b to Alaska we had to change cabins. We carried our hanging clothes to the new cabin and brought the empty hangers back to the first cabin. Then we switched the drawers from the first cabin. All we had to pack is what was on shelves, which wasn't much. Fortunately the cabins were in about the same location but on opposite sides of the ship so it was easy. However, we found out later that our steward could have brought one of those luggage carts like they use in hotels and that would have made it even easier.

Why is this 14 day cruise treated so differently than any other? If we get shipboard credits for being stockholders and from our FCC I don't understand why it would only apply to the first 7 days when we are booked for 14 days' date=' not a b2b. The FCC gives you credit based on your cabin and length of cruise. They gave me credit based on a 14 day cruise, not 7. So why wouldn't it last for the duration of the cruise?[/quote']

With either way of booking, the OBC is good for all 14 days. If booked as a b2b, any remaining credit rolls over to the second leg. If booked as one cruise, the onboard account just continues

What about share holder credit. We have a b2b, one for 12 days the other for 14. If we submit 2 requests, separated by a few weeks, do we get 2 credits? You said obc carry's over from one cruise to the other, what about internet minutes. Can we get a big package?

Thanks, Gerry

What about share holder credit. We have a b2b, one for 12 days the other for 14. If we submit 2 requests, separated by a few weeks, do we get 2 credits? You said obc carry's over from one cruise to the other, what about internet minutes. Can we get a big package?

Thanks, Gerry

As long as you are booked as two cruises (two confirmation numbers), you will be entitled to two Shareholder OBC. The first leg will be $100 and the second will be $250. No need to spread out the requests. I have sent one request for 3 legs without any problem. We are Elite and the free internet minutes carry over to the second leg.