Food "to go" in King's Wharf?

ajdickinson

We're planning on walking the path from Horseshoe Bay--> Jobson's Cove with some small children, and I'd like to take along a lunch or at least some snacks for picnic-style eating along the way. I've read here that the port authorities are pretty strict about not allowing food off the boat-- is that true? If so, is there anyplace in King's Wharf where one could procure food for wrapping up and eating later? (I understand there are little food stands right at Horseshoe Bay, but hot dogs, etc. don't necessarily travel well).

Thanks!!

You can bring snacks off the ship as long as they are factory sealed. About the only free thing on the ship that fits that category is cereal. You could bring some granola bars or the like onboard with you and then take them to the beach.

Like the previous poster said there is a drug store (like CVS or Walgreens) at the dockyard where you can get all kinds of snacks and drinks. Be aware they will be pricey.

We're planning on walking the path from Horseshoe Bay--> Jobson's Cove with some small children, and I'd like to take along a lunch or at least some snacks for picnic-style eating along the way. I've read here that the port authorities are pretty strict about not allowing food off the boat-- is that true? If so, is there anyplace in King's Wharf where one could procure food for wrapping up and eating later? (I understand there are little food stands right at Horseshoe Bay, but hot dogs, etc. don't necessarily travel well).

Thanks!!

HINT

Start at Jobson cove end and walk to horseshoe as there are showers and services at horseshoe to get cleaned up before you board the bus " no wet suits allowed on the bus " .

Only an out-house at Jobson 's end .

You can bring snacks off the ship as long as they are factory sealed. About the only free thing on the ship that fits that category is cereal. You could bring some granola bars or the like onboard with you and then take them to the beach.

Like the previous poster said there is a drug store (like CVS or Walgreens) at the dockyard where you can get all kinds of snacks and drinks. Be aware they will be pricey.

Oh! I totally forgot about that rule (it's been a few years since our last cruise). It's a shame you can't get a lunchbox kind of thing from the ship. I'll have to keep that in mind and I defnitely have to pack some factory-sealed snacks for the toddler then.

Do they actually check bags when you LEAVE the ship? I have never seen anyone in any port care what comes off the ship.

As for the Whaft pharmacy- what do you consider " pricey"? How much is a soda or bottle of water of sandwich?

Do they actually check bags when you LEAVE the ship? I have never seen anyone in any port care what comes off the ship.

As for the Wharf pharmacy- what do you consider " pricey"? How much is a soda or bottle of water of sandwich?

As for the Wharf pharmacy- what do you consider " pricey"? How much is a soda or bottle of water of sandwich?

I've seen bags checked...not all the time but sometimes...in Bermuda and elsewhere. Regardless, you should respect the laws of countries you're visiting and if you're not allowed to take food off the ship, simply don't. Being able to get away with something doesn't justify your action.

As for the Whaft pharmacy- what do you consider " pricey"? How much is a soda or bottle of water of sandwich?

What difference does it make if they check your bags? It's against the law. And can impact an already fragile environment.

There's a reason for these rules. It's not just to inconvenience tourists.

I bring off sealed beverages and snacks so not disrespecting anyone. I have been on about 15 cruises all over the world and have never had a bag checked when leaving the ship. Getting back on, sure but NEVER getting off. It was just surprising.

I bring off sealed beverages and snacks so not disrespecting anyone. I have been on about 15 cruises all over the world and have never had a bag checked when leaving the ship. Getting back on, sure but NEVER getting off. It was just surprising.

The $500 fine if you get caught taking food off the ship may be a surprise Too !

And it's already been noted that you can take factory sealed beverages and snacks off the ship, so that would seem to make your question about taking something not permitted off the ship, hence my comment.