Navigator-JS on the hump-balcony divider question

We have booked a Junior Suite on the Navigator, right in the center of the hump on deck 9. Our friends are booked in the JS next door. Now, I know that there is no guarantee that they will open the balcony partition but my question is, CAN they physically be opened. I don't want to find out after we board that the partitions are solid metal or something that couldn't be opened at all. If they CAN be opened but the powers that be won't allow it, well, then so be it. What about the JS's that are not on the hump? Can those partitions be opened?

We have booked a Junior Suite on the Navigator, right in the center of the hump on deck 9. Our friends are booked in the JS next door. Now, I know that there is no guarantee that they will open the balcony partition but my question is, CAN they physically be opened. I don't want to find out after we board that the partitions are solid metal or something that couldn't be opened at all. If they CAN be opened but the powers that be won't allow it, well, then so be it. What about the JS's that are not on the hump? Can those partitions be opened?

Balcony dividers can be opened between virtually all balconies on Navigator. There may be a few (aft for sure) that cannot be opened.

We just came off the Navigator and had forward hump connecting rooms. They don't like to open the doors the first night out and will close them on the last night coming back but we had them open for Monday through Friday night. Just ask the cabin attendant when he comes around to introduce himself. If you are on port side your attendant should be Zaldy and he was really great. Have a great cruise!

We were recently on Navigator out of Galveston and requested the dividers be opened between our adjoining cabins. They were open by the time we returned from muster and remained open until we debarked.

They are not the pocket type slider doors but the kind that open out. So you need to put one of the chairs in front of them to keep it in place. They are heavy and can swing shut. Nice to have them open.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou