How do you book your cruises?

bibbysnow

Used a PVP for a couple of years and she was good. Then she quit and we got another one who never returned calls. So we started booking on the direct line and love it. Any changes or questions answered instantly no waiting. Travel Agent???? Do those still exist?? Useless.

I booked my family cruises via a travel agent. The reason for that is they offer cash back credit after the cruise, and they act very quick with regard to price drop adjustments.

This agency opens 24/7. No matter what time of the day I called to request for a price drop, I got to talk to an agent right away, who immediately called Carnival to confirm the price adjustment. The longest time I had to wait on the phone was 10 minutes. That's it.

For my family upcoming cruise in June, we received $1200 OBC from price drop and about $175 cash back credit from the travel agency after the cruise. So for me, booking with a travel agency is a win-win situation.

We went directly through Carnival's website for our very first cruise, and then encountered a Carnival PVP that we absolutely loved and have used since then...however we always know what we want, what dates, room type, etc and just call him directly. It benefits us both because he knows we do it so he can get the "credit" and in turn he always finds us little extra perks here and there that are nice.

Sounds like you've got a good PVP, are you aloud to pass along their name and extension?

Almost always use a pvp. I have a good one who always does what he can to make sure I get the best deals and cabin choice possible when I book. I usually just call carnival, ask for him specifically, and as soon as he gets the chance to get back to me, I tell him what itinerary/cruise and desired sail date and we discuss my options. He has gotten me good discounts and better cabins and preferred dining times by pulling strings a few times. Having good repeat customers like me who spread the good word benefits everyone.

I have never used a travel agent as I feel they are an unnecessary middleman between me and booking my vacation and I feel if a person is travel savvy enough, they don't need a third party to do everything for me.

I have also booked directly from carnival's site and didn't use my pvp, because it was so close to sailing and I knew there was nothing he could really do for me to get me a better deal. I also know people who book on places like cheap cruises sites but I don't know how well that works out in the long run.

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

We went directly through Carnival's website for our very first cruise, and then encountered a Carnival PVP that we absolutely loved and have used since then...however we always know what we want, what dates, room type, etc and just call him directly. It benefits us both because he knows we do it so he can get the "credit" and in turn he always finds us little extra perks here and there that are nice.

Sounds like my PvP. Wonder if we have the same one. Obviously you can't name individual PvP on these forums but judging on all the posts over time here about PvP, truly good ones are hard to find. I always thought they sort of assigned people PvPs as part of their known returning customer database but who knows for sure.