How do you book your cruises?

bibbysnow

We book with our PVP. He is great. But I always know ahead of time what rooms we want, the rate we are interested in etc. Then I look for price drops (we book early saver) and contact our PVP for adjustments.

We used a travel agent for our second cruise and I don't see where we benefitted. I still had to look for the drops. Then since she wasn't familiar with it I had to instruct her on getting us our price adjustments.

Melissa

I used a Travel Agent on my first couple cruises. I had a lot of trouble. example: if you book with a Travel Agent .... any questions you have regarding your Booking you "MUST" go through that Travel Agent. You can not talk to Carnival because you are represented by a Travel Agent. So ... you ask your Travel Agent a question, you wait till your Travel Agent contacts Carnival, Carnival answers the Travel Agent, then the Travel Agent gets back to you.

I personally use my Carnival PVP. Ever since I started doing this ..... I've have better service and questions go directly to Carnival with immediate answers.

just my opinion ...... I perfer using my Carnival PVP

Edited by flc

I became friends with my current TA after cruising with them many years ago and still book through them b/c I trust them. They do it as a personal favor to me as they tend to book fewer and fewer cruises every year but know how much it means to me.

First, we go on line to Carnival's website, and look at sail dates and itineraries. It also helps if we know what ship we want. Then we look at the deck plans to determine which cabin we want. This is all done at least a year in advance. Once we've decided on what we want, we contact our PVP and book the cruise using Early Saver. So far, this method has worked out well for us.;)

As others have said, we check the website and find what we want, then call or PVP to book it. If you get a good PVP they can be a great asset. Good ones know the ships, ports and other things to make your vacation more enjoyable. Plus when you book with a PVP, you can still just call Carnival for issues.

As others have said, we check the website and find what we want, then call or PVP to book it. If you get a good PVP they can be a great asset. Good ones know the ships, ports and other things to make your vacation more enjoyable. Plus when you book with a PVP, you can still just call Carnival for issues.

Exactly what we do as well.

We went directly through Carnival's website for our very first cruise, and then encountered a Carnival PVP that we absolutely loved and have used since then...however we always know what we want, what dates, room type, etc and just call him directly. It benefits us both because he knows we do it so he can get the "credit" and in turn he always finds us little extra perks here and there that are nice.

I like to go with a online agency where I can get miles with my cruises..I learn here, call there and switch if i get someone i do not like...

I book air either through my airline of choice or bidding and hotel either by bidding or some of the biggest online hotel booking sites..all with info from here and other constant reading..my hobby is travel reading..

It has helped with last minute questions to be able to get someone 24/7 and to deal with the penalties the best way after my only ES booking. A good PVP is great from what I hear..but I like having a TA study the best prices, to several places they have access and listen to my researching and being sure it is not an ES I am booking via their listings..they can often get a price that "ended" a day prior too.. and help me with booking if there are any questions....it is all online..but can go to a voice to fix and qualify and verify pros and cons..which I highly suggest before booking is final...they give special counselors for some cruiselines too when I get there..LOL. I was honest to PVP who called last couple of time that this is what I usually do..she still checks in once in awhile...does not bother me or her because I am upfront/her choice...Sarah

Carnival PVP. We get connecting cabins and I like my PVP getting that all straight for me.:)

But once we are booked, I can control everything online. I submit the price protection form, book excursions, etc.

We do the research, usually a month before we will sail, and then book what we want with an on-line agency. We've gotten great deals this way and have never had an issue. We've tried using a travel agent but they couldn't get the cheap prices that we found on the internet ourselves. We have always booked our own flights and purchased our tickets online ourselves.

Edited by mousey

We went directly through Carnival's website for our very first cruise, and then encountered a Carnival PVP that we absolutely loved and have used since then...however we always know what we want, what dates, room type, etc and just call him directly. It benefits us both because he knows we do it so he can get the "credit" and in turn he always finds us little extra perks here and there that are nice.

How do we find a PVP? I called Carnival and asked about one and the customer rep didn't seem to know what I was talking about. We've booked two cruises and plan on booking more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do we find a PVP? I called Carnival and asked about one and the customer rep didn't seem to know what I was talking about. We've booked two cruises and plan on booking more.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Call again, and say you'd like to be put in touch with their best Personal Vacation Planner. If you get another Carnival rep. that acts like you're speaking a foreign language, hang up and try again. Be persistent.

We do the same as you. I like being able to manage my cruise online. My PVP great!

I do my own research. Find exactly want I want as in ship, sailing and sometimes even what rooms I want (at a minimum what type of rooms I want). I then input that data into a site that allows travel agents to compete for my business. I usually end up picking the same travel agency as they normally give me the best quote. I've received different benefits depending on the cruise....things such as a lower rate than offered by the cruise line, OBC, bottles of wine, a jacket, photo coupons, etc. I have never had any issues doing this. Our last CCL cruise the TA had to put in multiple ES price drops for us and did so without question. I would send him a screen shot of what I was seeing and sometimes within hours, no longer than a day, the new price was reflected on my CCL account with a revised invoice sent to me.

8 cruises and we have always just booked online via the Carnival website. No perks, I just like being in control of everything :D

Amen to that! I have gone through a PVP and I just prefer the website. I feel like there is a lot of sales pressure when you talk to anyone with Carnival on the phone, and since I know what I want (room type, location, etc) I am happy to just get everything done online.

All 4 of our cruises have been booked online. The couple times I've called to change something have been easy. I like being in control and being able to access my booking online. If there were perks to a TA or PVP I'd probably change my mind but there isn't so....

We've only cruised 3 times and all have been booked via Carnival's website. I'm satisfied with the cost and don't have to deal with a PVP or travel agent's robo calls trying to sell another cruise. :)

We've only cruised 3 times and all have been booked via Carnival's website. I'm satisfied with the cost and don't have to deal with a PVP or travel agent's robo calls trying to sell another cruise. :)

For what its worth I have never had a robot call from my PvP.