Alcohol on Norwegian Getaway?

eculmone

You can bring as many bottles of wine as you like. They will charge you a $15 corkage fee per 750 ml bottle.

You cannot bring any other type of alcohol onboard, at least not if you are following the rules.

Hard liquor and beer are not allowed. Wine and champagne are allowed. From NCL's FAQs:

Wine & Champagne Policy Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below. 750 ml Bottle: $15.00 1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00 Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Anyone know what the rules are for bringing alcohol onboard?

They will take it. Only wine, and limited amount at that, can be brought on besides water and soda...for what I have read.

Wine is the only alcoholic beverage you're permitted to bring onboard NCL ships. The only limitation though is the size of your wallet. For each 750ml of wine you bring you need to pay a $15 corkage fee. It makes no difference where you'll be drinking it, in your cabin, at dinner, or in a bar. If you don't finish the bottles you bring, (as long as it's an unopened bottle) you can receive the corkage fee back on disembarkation.

I have read and heard that Ncl gives a certain amount of $ for every corkage sticker that the servers collect in the restaurant.

For a fact, when I bring a bottle in a venue, they always take the sticker off of the bottle and keep it...

So if you open a bottle in your stateroom and want to give a little extra to your favorite bar tender...usually the Martini bar bartender is my favorite :p ... then you can bring your sticker to him/her.

I may be wrong... for sure, if I am, I will be corrected

Have fun !

Thank you for all the info. I was looking at online bottles to purchase on the ship and they are $30 vs a $15 corkage fee it might just better to purchase a bottle at dinner and then don't they transfer the rest if not finished to the next night? They did that for us on Disney - The unfinished bottle just arrived at our table each night :D

I'm also looking for an idea on pricing for purchasing booze at the bars? i.e. martini's, drink specials - scotch for my husband or specialty coffee's??? Does anyone know where I can find a price list so I have an idea on how to budget? The drink package is way to $$$ as I don't drink alcohol or pop and my daughter and I would have to purchase as well if my husband wants it, so it's better to just order a daily specialty drink for me once a day and DH's per drink. Any info is greatly appreciated :)

Thank you for all the info. I was looking at online bottles to purchase on the ship and they are $30 vs a $15 corkage fee it might just better to purchase a bottle at dinner and then don't they transfer the rest if not finished to the next night? They did that for us on Disney - The unfinished bottle just arrived at our table each night :D

I'm also looking for an idea on pricing for purchasing booze at the bars? i.e. martini's, drink specials - scotch for my husband or specialty coffee's??? Does anyone know where I can find a price list so I have an idea on how to budget? The drink package is way to $$$ as I don't drink alcohol or pop and my daughter and I would have to purchase as well if my husband wants it, so it's better to just order a daily specialty drink for me once a day and DH's per drink. Any info is greatly appreciated :)

Yes, any unfinished bottle of wine can be placed in the wine cellar on board with your name on it. They give you a receipt for it, and when you are ready to finish the bottle you just give the receipt to the waiter at any restaurant on board and they will get it for you.

Regarding prices on various drinks on board, I recently found this web page that is very detailed on NCL's various bar menus. Just keep in mind that there might be a slightly increase in the prices soon (I have heard rumors...):

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

First, I have NEVER seen an unfinished bottle of wine in my life ;) ...but I know for sure your unfinished bottle will be taken away by your server and you will get it back wherever ( that's freestyle baby ;) ) you give your stub back.

Second, this is a link provided by knitlady037 : http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/#sthash.j7VdUtZl.gbpl

Have fun !

The current pre purchase price of the ultimate drink package is $54/pp in the stateroom per DAY! :eek:

Two adults at $54 pp x2 x 7 days = $756 plus I would also have to purchase my daughters non alcoholic beverage package at $30 plus x 7 day cruise $210 HOLY GUACAMOLE :eek:

The current pre purchase price of the ultimate drink package is $54/pp in the stateroom per DAY! :eek:

Two adults at $54 pp x2 x 7 days = $756 plus I would also have to purchase my daughters non alcoholic beverage package at $30 plus x 7 day cruise $210 HOLY GUACAMOLE :eek:

Wow, how many daughters??? Soda package is only about $7 per day give or take a buck. That's about $49 per week.

I have read and heard that Ncl gives a certain amount of $ for every corkage sticker that the servers collect in the restaurant.

For a fact, when I bring a bottle in a venue, they always take the sticker off of the bottle and keep it...

So if you open a bottle in your stateroom and want to give a little extra to your favorite bar tender...usually the Martini bar bartender is my favorite :p ... then you can bring your sticker to him/her.

I may be wrong... for sure, if I am, I will be corrected

Have fun !

This is true. Gave 2 or 3 of our stickers to our breakfast server in Cagney's he was very thankful.

CC member wichitastatecruiser put this spreadsheet together last week that lists drinks and drink prices. It's fully functional to plug in numbers you think you night drink, and it will tell you if the UBP is a good deal for you or not. It's really kind of cool. Or, you can simply use it to look at drink prices.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043438

SO $960 PLUS IN BEVERAGES Ahhhhh that's a lot of beverages Who would ever think this is a good deal? Plus 15% extra gratuity Not gonna happen for us :cool:

Many folks would. Scroll down through posting from the last week and you will many, many discussions about this.

Regarding prices on various drinks on board, I recently found this web page that is very detailed on NCL's various bar menus. Just keep in mind that there might be a slightly increase in the prices soon (I have heard rumors...):

I have been wondering about this, are your rumor sources reliable?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is from a few weeks ago, but it's also worth considering the Viva Vino package if you are likely to drink 4 or more bottles. At the lowest level it works out at about $22 a bottle.

• 4 weeks later...
Last January, we were allowed one 750ml bottle of wine each WITHOUT a corkage fee. Has this policy changed now?

That has never been the policy on NCL (you're not getting confused with other lines are you?).

If you were allowed one without paying corkage then you just got lucky.

Last January, we were allowed one 750ml bottle of wine each WITHOUT a corkage fee. Has this policy changed now?

It looks like you were on the Dawn in January.

You just got lucky. As you boarded with your wine, either they did not see it, or were lazy, or somebody was in a good mood (lazy).

The $15 per bottle has been a policy for a very long time. It is charged as you board.