MSC DIVINA: Without Rose Tinted Glasses

cruisetrail

but you didn't actually sail in the yacht club...

You didn't actually pay for the yacht club membership...

Oh thats right you said you had friends who let you experience it. So you sort of freeloaded and "carpet bagged" in a place you not really suppose to be.

Interesting. It suggests a slightly dishonest person who would take something that they were not entitled too. In our legal system you cannot bring up a defendant's past bad acts unless they were crimes of dishonesty or perjury. And once a defendant is considered dishonest, he always is. Thats fee legal fyi.

So even for free you gave it a 2 out of 5. Wow! You're tough to please.

It was entertaining? Did they catch you and kick you out. Perhaps you had a bad experience with those who had actually paid for the experience. Yeah that's probably it...what a buzzkill. :cool:

ImageUploadedByForums1400958859.809258.jpg.8789d78acbe81b745c8224f39a452ede.jpg

legion3, we cruised in YC.

Get better. :)

I will add a YC mini-preview.

But I am so confused :confused:

In your original post, your travel expert mini review you said you had friends which let you experience the Yacht Club.

Now you sailed in the YC??? This is difficult following the program even with a program.

Perhaps you were mistaken in your original post or perhaps it needs some editing.

So now the question is,

So you didn't really sail in the rest of the ship...

Hmmmm Interesting.

Yeah I just re read it. You say thanks to friends you had a chance to experience the yc.

Yet in the dining section you never mention eating at le muse but you do talk about menu choices that could only be from the MDR. Le Muse has two choices but you mention menus with 4 choices.

If you sailed Yacht Club then how did you eat dinner in the MDR.

Others have long posted its impossible or really really hard to do.

Since you were able to do this I know some people would like the inside scoop.

One of the reasons we choose the YC was specifically to not dine in the MDR.

And please no offense meant to those who don't sail in the YC at all.

But really this review has to be fixed as its impossible to follow the plot.

I hope the film of the dinner buffet is more, whats the words, edited better.

Yeah I just re read it. You say thanks to friends you had a chance to experience the yc.

Yet in the dining section you never mention eating at le muse but you do talk about menu choices that could only be from the MDR. Le Muse has two choices but you mention menus with 4 choices.

If you sailed Yacht Club then how did you eat dinner in the MDR.

Others have long posted its impossible or really really hard to do.

Since you were able to do this I know some people would like the inside scoop.

One of the reasons we choose the YC was specifically to not dine in the MDR.

And please no offense meant to those who don't sail in the YC at all.

But really this review has to be fixed as its impossible to follow the plot.

I hope the film of the dinner buffet is more, whats the words, edited better.

I'm a tad confused as well...In the first post it is stated that:

"Buffet food – a boring, repetitive, tasteless, cheap interpretation of what is called “regular buffet fare on a cruise ship” with the omission of omelets cooked to order, eggs benedict, smoked salmon, berries of any kind, mango, kiwi, sea food, anything freshly prepared in your presence.

This buffet forced us to go to MDR for breakfast several times – something we never do on cruise"

If one sailed the YC, don't they serve breakfast up there? I'm sure this will all be explained

As I understand it you have 5 choices for breakfast if you are YC.

Le muse, the regular MDR ( not for dinner though), top sail lounge continental fare with fruit, the one pool area serves hot stuff, eggs etc... and finally the buffet.

Also if you are in the YC how could you state no proper tea?

Tea is served every day at 4 in the topsail.

As the lieutenant said to the general...the situation is very confused sir.

Getting very confused and frustrated as well.

Is it at all possible that maybe someone is one of the last surviving passengers of the Titanic and they are confusing the two journeys?

Getting very confused and frustrated as well.

Is it at all possible that maybe someone is one of the last surviving passengers of the Titanic and they are confusing the two journeys?

Well its possible but the Titanic definately had proper tea and certainly no buffet.

Well its possible but the Titanic definately had proper tea and certainly no buffet.

True, however the two statements in the original post that I did not understand were that the "lights were irritating and that seaviews were ruined by the lifeboats".

Now, I do know that the Titanic did offer reading lights above the beds but I do not know the brightness in Kelvins for the other bulbs that were used. I thought that the Divina's lighting was quite adequate.

On the Divina, my view was never obstructed by the lifeboats. I would imagine that when the Titanic was in her final hours, the lifeboats were probably swaying and views were obstructed.

First, Cruisincaren's myths were debunked and now Cruisetrail. Who's next?

Honestly, cruising on the Divina has won many over. Anyone can find any faults with any cruiseline. Not one will be perfect for everyone. It's unfortunate that there are people, with agendas, possibly making people that have booked, second guessing themselves.

If travel agents are using these of methods to sabotage the reputation of a particular cruiseline, maybe these bottom feeders are in the wrong line of work.

Edited by thraak

This is tricky "ship within a ship" concept.

One need to understand that this is actually an eclave within a ship, of course.

The most important thing is on what ship this enclave is.

Depending on this, you will share all the advantages and/or disadvanatages with the passengers outside the enclave.

The purpose of the YC is to provide a limited number of passengers with some upscale amenities that are not available for the rest of the passengers.

This is a positive thing. You can choose to pay more to get some extras. The more options - the better.

Also, YC is playing a marketing role.

The YC is presented as a top quality MSC product so that its "glory" is somehow "projected" on the rest of the ship.

The YC is about 4% of all passengers. Statistically speaking, it "does not exist". But it's importance is consatntly inflated - marketing people are doing a good job.

A negative thing about the concept is the way it's implemented.

The YC takes up the premium part of the ship leaving the great majority of the passengers without observation lounge and forward sun deck.

Another YC trick is ranking YC cabins as suites.

In fact most of YC cabins are essentially standard balcony cabins (standard width) with added length to accommodate an additional amenity - a walk-in closet.

Technically cabins like this are just below mini suites.

A few cabins in the same price category (YC1) are a bit shorter but wider (a typical x1.5) with wider balconies.

This pleasant cabins are excellent mini suites.

Strangely, a few cabins in the YC that could be ranked as full suites (two rooms) have no balconies!

I need to underline that YC mini suites (8 cabins) are lovely.

Spacious, beautifully appointed.

A few strange things about YC cabins will be covered in the full review.

Another strange thing about the YC is the location of Le Muse - a dedicated dining room.

To get from YC cabins to Le Muse, "citizens of the world" and "elitists by nature" have to crawl through crowds of "blue collars" almost the whole length of the ship.

This "restaurant crawl" reminds me of a classic movie "Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie" by Luis Buñuel.:)

Strange things continue.

Le Muse interiors depict Mediterranean motifs. However, the implementation leaves much to be desired - plastic decoration.

This exclusive dining venue has plastic flowers on the table.

Food - choices relatively limited, but the quality is very good.

Excellent service.

A dedicated YC forward sun deck offers plenty of loungers (not padded).

There are two bar counters (beverages and light meals) two jacuzzis and a tiny pool in this area.

The pool is the smallest on the ship. It'sabout 3.3 feet deep.

Sea views from YC sun deck are totally blocked by the full height fence.

The Top Sail Lounge - glass-through views forward, beverages and snacks & small desserts (morning to late night).

Proper afternoon tea daily.

As all MSC Divina passengers, YC guests have no proper promenade deck,

no observation deck,

no proper spa (no hydropool, no heated beds).

Way too many "kinks" for an "exclusive product".

A few pictures as a preview.

A mini suite (YC1 "suite" per MSC):

MSCDivinaYachtClub1_zps55961d6d.jpg

Yacht Club

MSCDivinaYachtClub2_zps6656102d.jpg

Le Muse

MSCDivinaYachtClub3_zpsabbde3ac.jpg

Edited by cruisetrail

This is tricky "ship within a ship" concept.

One need to understand that this is actually an eclave within a ship, of course.

The most important thing is on what ship this enclave is.

Depending on this, you will share all the advantages and/or disadvanatages with the passengers outside the enclave.

The purpose of the YC is to provide a limited number of passengers with some upscale amenities that are not available for the rest of the passengers.

This is a positive thing. You can choose to pay more to get some extras. The more options - the better.

Also, YC is playing a marketing role.

The YC is presented as a top quality MSC product so that its "glory" is somehow "projected" on the rest of the ship.

The YC is about 4% of all passengers. Statistically speaking, it "does not exist". But it's importance is consatntly inflated - marketing people are doing a good job.

A negative thing about the concept is the way it's implemented.

The YC takes up the premium part of the ship leaving the great majority of the passengers without observation lounge and forward sun deck.

Another YC trick is ranking YC cabins as suites.

In fact most of YC cabins are essentially standard balcony cabins (standard width) with added length to accommodate an additional amenity - a walk-in closet.

Technically cabins like this are just below mini suites.

A few cabins in the same price category (YC1) are a bit shorter but wider (a typical x1.5) with wider balconies.

This pleasant cabins are excellent mini suites.

Strangely, a few cabins in the YC that could be ranked as full suites (two rooms) have no balconies!

I need to underline that YC mini suites (8 cabins) are lovely.

Spacious, beautifully appointed.

A few strange things about YC cabins will be covered in the full review.

Another strange thing about the YC is the location of Le Muse - a dedicated dining room.

To get from YC cabins to Le Muse, "citizens of the world" and "elitists by nature" have to crawl through crowds of "blue collars" almost the whole length of the ship.

This reminds me of a classic movie "Le charme discret de la bourgeoisie" by Luis Buñuel.:)

Strange things continue.

Le Muse interiors depict Mediterranean motifs. However, the implementation leaves much to be desired - plastic decoration.

This exclusive dining venue has plastic flowers on the table.

Food - choices relatively limited, but the quality is very good.

Excellent service.

A dedicated YC forward sun deck offers plenty of loungers (not padded).

There are two bar counters (beverages and light meals) two jacuzzis and a tiny pool in this area.

The pool is the smallest on the ship. It'sabout 3.3 feet deep.

Sea views from YC sun deck are totally blocked by the full height fence.

The Top Sail Lounge - glass-through views forward, beverages and snacks & small desserts (morning to late night).

Proper afternoon tea daily.

As all MSC Divina passengers, YC guests have no proper promenade deck,

no observation deck,

no proper spa (no hydropool, no heated beds).

Way too many "kinks" for an "exclusive product".

A few pictures as a preview.

A mini suite (YC1 "suite" per MSC):

MSCDivinaYachtClub1_zps55961d6d.jpg

Yacht Club

MSCDivinaYachtClub2_zps6656102d.jpg

Le Muse

MSCDivinaYachtClub3_zpsabbde3ac.jpg

What cabin number did you stay in?

What cabin number did you stay in?

Good question, and to just be 100% certain, you did actually cruise on board the Divina didn't you?

Or did you put together a review you would expect to experience based on google searches?

Let's see 1, just 1 photo, YOU took.

Does anyone else find it odd that all of Cruisetrails pictures have no actual people in them?

Even with me getting up at 6:00 am to take all my pictures, I still have some with people in them, whether it is a crew member or a fellow passenger. For the sake of argument I'm going to assume Cruisetrail is a male. His pictures are too perfect its as it he took them from the internet and passing the pictures off as his own.

I really don't believe that he actually stepped foot on ship, much less sailed on the Divina. JMHO

I certainly hope the rest of this timely review is not so much a lecture on what each individual part of the ship is all about and what we need to understand. If so it will take forever and its already dragging quite a bit.

I also am having serious doubts about the quality of the eventually upcoming video on the dinner buffet. I am so looking forward to it.

In the british tv show Blackadder goes forth General Melchett said the following line:

"If nothing else works, a total pig headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

The word of the day... Incorrigible

Mr. Howell from Gilligans Island - "it's hopeless, absolutely hopeless!"

Edited by legion3

Does anyone else find it odd that all of Cruisetrails pictures have no actual people in them?

Even with me getting up at 6:00 am to take all my pictures, I still have some with people in them, whether it is a crew member or a fellow passenger. For the sake of argument I'm going to assume Cruisetrail is a male. His pictures are too perfect its as it he took them from the internet and passing the pictures off as his own.

I really don't believe that he actually stepped foot on ship, much less sailed on the Divina. JMHO

Exactly. 1 photo, just 1, that he (he is a he) took is what I'd like to see. But that's a direct question. Like the best of politicians, cruisetrail doesn't answer direct questions.

Edited by papcx

These pictures do seem to be of a higher quality than the original postings. These pictures are actually very useful. Makes the YC look great. I look forward to be a limited passenger in a marketing tool.

Still have not gotten a reply as to why the Vienna opera banner was one of the original photos posted.

I sure hope I find out some day. :cool:

These pictures do seem to be of a higher quality than the original postings. These pictures are actually very useful. Makes the YC look great. I look forward to be a limited passenger in a marketing tool.

Still have not gotten a reply as to why the Vienna opera banner was one of the original photos posted.

I sure hope I find out some day. :cool:

That and the blockbuster Dinner Buffet Video, which I'm dying to see myself as I ate in the Black Crab all 7 nights.

I was only able to capture opera banner on the ship, but I guess that was because I was actually on the ship ;-)

20140515_082047.jpg.ecb322aeb8913ef130a6c99f990c024f.jpg

Good job catching the liar and his tales. There are many liars on this board and there agenda is to put MSC down, like the poster who said the the fridge was in the closet where you hang your clothes and they could not even hang a t shirt in the closet. WOW

Another strange thing about the YC is the location of LeMuse***to get from YC cabins to LeMuse, "citizens of the world" and "elitists by nature" have to crawl through crowds of "blue collars" almost the whole length of the ship.

So if we accept this premise, and we accept the premise that you stayed in the Yacht Club, then you had to make this crawl as an elitist through all these blue collars. It must have been terrible. Crawl? Seems awfully slow but that does seem to be the pace at which some things happen in this thread.

Judge Smails in Caddyshack comes to mind. "What are you doing this Saturday?" "Great how would you like to mow my lawn" "and after your through why don't you stop by the Yacht Club" "hmm hmm"

Proper afternoon tea daily? Now its official this review has a case of clinical schizophrenia.

No proper afternnoon tea...proper afternoon tea daily. Its like a tennis match, just not as exciting.

Edited by legion3