Cabin Price Increase

aimish

Is it normal for price of a cabin to go UP after the payment due date? Is that because they want to sell out of other cabins first? I am thinking about upgrading, but the cost for spa balcony increased even though we had to PIF last month.

Should I wait it out?

Generally - ah hem YMMV

The further out your booking the best price is offered with Latitudes points

Good deals may still be had right up to sailing

If the cruise is not selling well the fare may be lowered

If the cruise is selling hot cakes the fare may be raised and then later adjusted

to how well the sales are going

If you have made a contract with NCL the fare will not go higher but the options

if they lower it could be a simple refund; upgraded cabin or a small increment

of OBC.

After the final payment date (90 days) and final payment usually from what I

understand NCL MAY grant OBC and/or a cabin upgrade depending on what is

left in the cabin inventory.

A popular ship sailing at prime time do not expect much !

A ship sailing off season (think repositioning cruise) may offer the best deal

even up to a few days before sailing.

So there are a bunch of factors which determine how much NCL will charge.

Almost like flying the airlines - a cabin full of folks all paying a different price

based on how; when; credit card miles and who they booked the travels thru.

First time cruisers should use a Travel Agent or use a source such as this forum

CC to find out how the system works and how to make it work to your advantage !

While my post is general - with more participants you should get better idea

of what is the best deal for you.

It is all supply and demand. Usually, if you see prices increase, the number of cabins remaining in that category is limited.

Sometimes they go up.

Sometimes they go down.

Sometimes they are sold out.

Is it normal for price of a cabin to go UP after the payment due date? Is that because they want to sell out of other cabins first? I am thinking about upgrading, but the cost for spa balcony increased even though we had to PIF last month.

Should I wait it out?

I booked a spa balcony over a year in advance, it fluctuated up and down by only $100 per person.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

The spa balcony we booked dropped by $180 per person between the time I booked it and the time I had to pay. If it wasn't for Cruise Critic I would have never known to keep checking so that I could get the $360 refund.

I use a price tracking site that keeps price histories and a number of price changes are inventory based. This is why these sites are so handy as I use them to get notified of those random mid-week drops that often last just a day or two (until inventory changes).

The best prices don't necessarily show up early either, nor are they guaranteed to show up just prior to sailing. If it is easier to sell a balcony cabin than a Haven suite (and the sail date is a few days away) they may just upgrade someone with a balcony (to that suite) and try to sell it again. I know this happens on Royal, but I'm a little out of the loop on NCL so I couldn't say for sure.

I wish it were as simple as booking early. I want to sail POA in summer '16 but the prices right now are much higher than they are for the same cruise this year.

Should I wait it out?