Double Embarkation

I am boarding the Legend of the Seas in Oslo in August...the ship also boards passengers in Hamburg...never done this so...when are formal nights?? how does it affect getting off for touring in Hamburg when others are disembarking?? are there any special quirks to this type of cruise??

Also it does not appear cabins are selling fast...any ideas on if they will do

some price lowering after final payment and I can try for a junior suite??:):)

I am boarding the Legend of the Seas in Oslo in August...the ship also boards passengers in Hamburg...never done this so...when are formal nights?? how does it affect getting off for touring in Hamburg when others are disembarking?? are there any special quirks to this type of cruise??

Also it does not appear cabins are selling fast...any ideas on if they will do

some price lowering after final payment and I can try for a junior suite??:):)

I can't tell you if the price will go down, but unless there is some restriction a lower price, you should be able to upgrade to a JS.

We're sailing out of Barcelona on a Sunday, A few days later while we port in Rome, some will disembark and others will join the Cruise, including our Son & DiL. I'm very curious as well when formal nights will occur. So far, the RCCL reps are all over the map when I've inquired. It'll be interesting to say the least. By all accounts, the ship will be quite full. Rates are actually going up. JS are sold out, as are the D1 balconies.

I have been on several sailings that have been inter-ported and there is no set system used fleet-wide.

While tradition would hold that 7 day cruises would have 2 formal nights, they could maybe opt for just one. If they hold tradition, one would also predict that they do not have a formal night absolutely prior to someone having disembarkation as this would effect revenue negatively from photo sales and other outlets. One would then assume that it would be rare to hold a formal evening on an embarkation day. This would eliminate 4 nights of your 7 night cruise, leaving Wednesday, Thursday and Friday on this itinerary. If they choose 2 it would seem likely to be Wednesday and Friday as you are in port until 22:00 on Thursday. If only one formal night then Friday would be the most likely.

The only real oddity is seeing baggage in the corridors on an evening when you are not disembarking the same day.

Shore-ex will sell tours with meeting spots as normal. When the tour departs from the meeting point the tour will disembark with priority during that moment. Another strategy I have seen is that disembarkation and embarkation are from different decks and then they separate 'in-transits' and 'disembarking' by having separate forward and aft exits.

That cruise is nothing special and it happens all the time in the med...there will be two muster drills during the week and the formal nights will be like always on a typical 7-Night Cruise

You will have to use the front to get on/off the ship while the people in Hamburg disembarking will be get off aft.

While necessary, I don't like the idea of two muster drills.

On the second leg of our B2B, I missed our muster drill due to norovirus. :mad: I returned from Medical, and there were five crew in our stairwell. Also, each door lock had a red marker in it saying it was cleared for muster drill. I explained the problem, and my room steward told me to get into my room. Being quarantined for the first two days of the cruise and missing the first two ports wasn't cool.