Cozumel + no excursion

MM051510

Can someone give me great ideas on what to do if we want to experience more of the culture in Cozumel? We are wanting to maybe do some shopping (which someone told me was great here) and get in some Mexican food!

Is there a nice beach within walking distance, too?

Husband and wife (24 & 27 yrs)

Carnival Dream - July 27

There are 3 pier areas, so it sort of depends upon which ship and what date you arrive. :confused:

All of the beach clubs require a taxi ride. There is shopping downtown and at the peirs -- better, less touristy dining options will be downtown. Not much "culture" -- Coz is a beach resort island built around tourism.

Cozumel does has some Culture! You can take a taxi and ask them to drop you off at San Miguel Museum on the ocean front, then walk south on the ocean front till you get by the main plaza by the ferry dock then turn right 2 blocks and visit the Church then the clock Tower and the visit the Oldest restaurant in the island called Casa Denis for some authentic flavors! this would have taken 2 hours of your day, then take a taxi to Money Bar beach club and spend the rest of your day laying at the beach and snorkeling!!! Great day with out a Tour!

Keep us updated of how it went!

You can shop in port area, but then I'd head to Chacannaab Park for beach and snorkeling and guacamole!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I disagree! Go to town. The Port areas are just shopping malls with the most touristy of shops. Head to town and wander around. Lot's of cool stuff to see. Lot's of restaurants and bars to sample. You can also head to the other side of the island by renting a jeep, or hiring a driver and see some gorgeous beachscapes, visit some awesome little beach bars (no electricity, so no credit cards accepted over there). Really beautiful. If you want fresh home made authentic food, head that way!

If you go to Cozumel and go to Chankanaab "Park" and only shop at the pier, it's the complete opposite of seeing what Cozumel is really like!

On our last two cruises to Cozumel, we walked off the ship, through the shopping area turned left, walked 3 blocks and went to El Cid, Get a day pass, around 20 bucks, and they in turn give you a 10 dollar food voucher, there is a small and i mean small beach, a large walk in snorkeling area, a pool, and some of the best food with the best view around, Have a great day! and a wonderful cruise.