Pre-Ordering Drink Packages

Quick question, I am planning on pre-ordering my drink package but am unsure how it will be charged. Do I pay for it upfront or will it be on the bill at the end of the cruise?

Full payment up front via credit card.

Wow didn't realize you would have to pay upfront. I am assuming that goes along with all the excursions and anything else you book pre-cruise? This is the first time I have been able to book anything before the cruise so I am kind of a newbie at the whole thing. I appreciate the feedback too.

Wow didn't realize you would have to pay upfront. I am assuming that goes along with all the excursions and anything else you book pre-cruise? This is the first time I have been able to book anything before the cruise so I am kind of a newbie at the whole thing. I appreciate the feedback too.

Yes, on Royal, anything you book pre-cruise via the website will be immediately charged in full.

I'm having some trouble with purchasing the drink package for the second half of our b2b. I ordered a package for the first week over the phone last week because that part of the website wasn't working. After I ordered for my first reservation number, we moved onto the second one (each week has a different reservation number), and it wouldn't let me purchase. I was using a Visa debit with more than adequate funds.

Tried again yesterday online, because now their website appears to be working and it still wouldn't let me order. It gave me a "not available for purchase online" message after my second try. I even called the bank to make sure there was nothing wrong with my card, and they confirmed it's just fine.

Getting ready to call RC again. Didn't have time to sit on hold yesterday afternoon. Their hold times are ridiculous.

I'm having some trouble with purchasing the drink package for the second half of our b2b. I ordered a package for the first week over the phone last week because that part of the website wasn't working. After I ordered for my first reservation number, we moved onto the second one (each week has a different reservation number), and it wouldn't let me purchase. I was using a Visa debit with more than adequate funds.

Tried again yesterday online, because now their website appears to be working and it still wouldn't let me order. It gave me a "not available for purchase online" message after my second try. I even called the bank to make sure there was nothing wrong with my card, and they confirmed it's just fine.

Getting ready to call RC again. Didn't have time to sit on hold yesterday afternoon. Their hold times are ridiculous.

Not to make an excuse for Royal's website, bit even before the most recent "improvements", cruises linked as a B2B would cause issues with various functions on the website. It's a good idea to call.

Yes, everything that you purchase prior to the cruise you will pay for at the time of purchase. The biggest draw back to this is if you have any on borad credit it cannot be used toward any of those purchases. If you wait until you borad the ship then your credit can be applied toward the purchases.

Not to make an excuse for Royal's website, bit even before the most recent "improvements", cruises linked as a B2B would cause issues with various functions on the website. It's a good idea to call.

Just called and had a short wait time. All taken care of.

Yes, on Royal, anything you book pre-cruise via the website will be immediately charged in full.

I love this althought it's new to me also, my thought is if it's paid for up front I can enjoy my vacation that much more without seeing the large bill at the end of my trip. ;)

First time sailing Royal (not till next year anyway lol) but question on the drink package.

Can you just pre-purchase the soda package, or is this option only for the larger beverage packages? DH always gets the soda sticker (on other lines). Can I pre-purchase it for him?

TIA

First time sailing Royal (not till next year anyway lol) but question on the drink package.

Can you just pre-purchase the soda package, or is this option only for the larger beverage packages? DH always gets the soda sticker (on other lines). Can I pre-purchase it for him?

TIA

You can pre-order all the drink packages.