Yet another drink package question...

Hey yall!

My family and I are sailing next week on the Allure of the Seas and we had some questions about the drink package. We were looking into getting the premium package and were questioning a few things.

1. Are shots included? ex. Grand Marnier, Jack Daniels, the B-52?

2. I have heard Patron is not included in the premium package, but what happens if Patron is used in a mixed drink that is less than the $10 minimum, will it be covered by the drink package?

3.Say I want a drink that is $9.50, would the 15% gratuity make it over the $10 price limit making me pay the extra?

4. Generally speaking, is everything under the $10 limit included in the package? If not, what items under $10 are not included?

I appreciate any help or tips! Thanks ya!

I didn't have any, but I think shots are included.

As for Patron, nothing made with Patron, regardless of the price, is included. I don't understand why, but I ordered the Patron margarita which was listed at $9.75 and was told it was not included in the package. Yet a $12 glass of wine is. :rolleyes:

Hey yall!

My family and I are sailing next week on the Allure of the Seas and we had some questions about the drink package. We were looking into getting the premium package and were questioning a few things.

1. Are shots included? ex. Grand Marnier, Jack Daniels, the B-52?

Only had specialty shots that were on the menu, and they were included. Never felt a need to down shots. Remember, you could only get one drink at a time

2. I have heard Patron is not included in the premium package, but what happens if Patron is used in a mixed drink that is less than the $10 minimum, will it be covered by the drink package?

If it was a menu item, no problem you will get it.

3.Say I want a drink that is $9.50, would the 15% gratuity make it over the $10 price limit making me pay the extra?

Tips are included in the package. the $10.00 is the menu price, and tips are not factored in.

4. Generally speaking, is everything under the $10 limit included in the package? If not, what items under $10 are not included?

I was not turned down for any drink. No questions ever asked. Items over $10.00 on the menu are few. I ordered wine over $12.00 at Giovinni's Table, and they charged me the difference, and they did inform me prior that would be the case. Tip was added for the difference only.

I appreciate any help or tips! Thanks ya!

Overall, I would get it again. Some beers are not included, and I don't really understand why Fosters oil can was not included, but it did not bother me. I tried many new drinks. Service was just fine. Had to sign a receipt each time.

I didn't have any, but I think shots are included.

As for Patron, nothing made with Patron, regardless of the price, is included. I don't understand why, but I ordered the Patron margarita which was listed at $9.75 and was told it was not included in the package. Yet a $12 glass of wine is. :rolleyes:

I had this on the Allure, and they never denied it?

iv read a lot of threads on this and many old ones, im not sure i cant seem to find a straight answer on the shots question, its always "i think it is or you shouldn't have a problem".

surely many have ordered shots with this package right?

iv read a lot of threads on this and many old ones, im not sure i cant seem to find a straight answer on the shots question, its always "i think it is or you shouldn't have a problem".

surely many have ordered shots with this package right?

We had the package last year on the Oasis. We did rounds of shots probably TOO frequently. We were not denied any shots that we requested, regardless of what they were. No issue with shots.

We had the package last year on the Oasis. We did rounds of shots probably TOO frequently. We were not denied any shots that we requested, regardless of what they were. No issue with shots.

cool thank you, lol i see many dance around the topic, but maybe they just dont order shots so have no idea.

again many thanks :)

cool thank you, lol i see many dance around the topic, but maybe they just dont order shots so have no idea.

again many thanks :)

From what I understand, as long as its on the following list (credit to megacruiser from the Oasis review earlier this year for taking the picture) you should be fine to order it neat or on the rocks, or mixed, etc.

DSCF5410_zps63003991.jpg

Anything that's NOT on this list is not included as an alcohol choice on any package on the ship

Yes, thank you! Someone in another thread said you couldn't get shots - only poured over ice :confused: That's not true, right? It didn't pass the sniff test in my head. I'm looking forwards to a celebratory tequila shot around sailaway in a short 9 days :D

I was wondering if it is possible to cheat the drink package system? If I buy 1 drink package for myself, why cant I order a drink and then give it to my wife and then go back up and get another drink for myself? How do they keep track so people cant do this?

I was wondering if it is possible to cheat the drink package system? If I buy 1 drink package for myself, why cant I order a drink and then give it to my wife and then go back up and get another drink for myself? How do they keep track so people cant do this?

Redcard, where have you been?

Edited by clarea

Technically, there's nothing stopping you if you treat it like how you say. With that said, if they catch you doing it, you'll get in trouble, and they'll likely force your wife to get the same package you have. And they will scan/check your card every time you get a drink to make sure you are you, so its not like your wife could go up with your card, either.

the real response is nothing they can do if they dont see you do it. i see many are gping to be doing this and either drive up the prices or they will go back to forcing everyone to have the same package.

My boyfriend and his friends did shots just this past weekend on Majesty and he told me he was able to order different kinds of mixed shots and single liquor. I didn't order any so I would not know from first hand experience.

I ordered one martini that was $10.50 and was not charged for it or anything additional.

I actually had the displeasure of witnessing a couple in front of me order two mixed drinks and present one seapass because they purchased only one drink package between them. WOW...and I'm not referring to the sale.

I actually had the displeasure of witnessing a couple in front of me order two mixed drinks and present one seapass because they purchased only one drink package between them. WOW...and I'm not referring to the sale.

lol , i wonder if the bartender was cool and gave it to them anyway or charged for the second one.

I just did the All Access Tour on Allure and the bar manager told us that the alcohol history (purchase history) of every passenger and crew is instantly available to him with a single swipe of their Sea Pass card. He could also look up any individual's alcohol history without a Sea Pass card.

So, initially what you're suggesting will work because they don't check each time you order a drink. However, they are big on tracking trends with all that computerized data and if two people are drinking on the same package and making it really pay off, I think your account will get flagged and they'll start watching. Also, if you order drinks too quickly from the same bartender, they'll start to question. I'd be wary of doing this as they can cut you off at any time, for the rest of the day or even for the rest of the cruise and there are no refunds on the alcohol packages.

He had already made the drinks so he told them only this one time.

well thats cool. my experince was that the staff is very friendly and will let things slide. well not security i found them to be rude. i had to tell one to calm down i was on vacation here. when he screamed at me to put my bag through security while re boarding. another time i was yelled at was going to muster i guess i wasnt moving fast enough he told me throw away my drink and go right now!!! even though it was just announced to head that way.

Edited by Harooni

Why would you want to do that? Where I'm from that's considered stealing.

well thats cool. my experince was that the staff is very friendly and will let things slide. well not security i found them to be rude. i had to tell one to calm down i was on vacation here. when he screamed at me to put my bag through security while re boarding. another time i was yelled at was going to muster i guess i wasnt moving fast enough he told me throw away my drink and go right now!!! even though it was just announced to head that way.

Was that in Port Canaveral? That is the ONLY place where I have encountered this behavior.

Was that in Port Canaveral? That is the ONLY place where I have encountered this behavior.

no , bermuda, very rude and the crazy thing was i got back on early there was no rush or loads of people, very few. after i said relax in a stern voice he calmed down. maybe not realizing his tone and attitude. but as i said a few run ins with security screaming but i didnt let little things ruin my fun.