Moderno for lunch?

Sea saw 56

The last ship I was on that had Moderno was the Sun. Moderno was open for lunch with a nice buffet. Do all ships that have Moderno serve a lunch buffet in that venue?

I was just on the breakaway. I saw on the daily that they had a buffet a few times during lunch. I didn't eat there though.

I have been told that Moderno will be the Suites Breakfast and Lunch on the Jewel. This is something new. Before the Suites were always in Cagney's. I have not heard what the other NCL Ships are doing. When they moved Moderno to Deck 13 this may be one of the new changes.

I have been told that Moderno will be the Suites Breakfast and Lunch on the Jewel. This is something new. Before the Suites were always in Cagney's. I have not heard what the other NCL Ships are doing. When they moved Moderno to Deck 13 this may be one of the new changes.

To clarify from what I can gather this is only HALF correct.

Suite B&L (breakfast and lunch) on the Jewel class has been in the front portion of Cagneys - the area next to star bar and overlooking the pool. Some call this Cagneys Overflow.

After the just completed drydock, Moderno occupies that space on the Jewel. B&L is still in the very same space it has always been. But, it now has a new name - Moderno.

The location has not changed, but the NAME of the area has.

Edited by garycarla

The last ship I was on that had Moderno was the Sun. Moderno was open for lunch with a nice buffet. Do all ships that have Moderno serve a lunch buffet in that venue?

Just off the Gem. No lunch in Moderno.

Suite B&L (breakfast and lunch) on the Jewel class has been in the front portion of Cagneys - the area next to star bar and overlooking the pool. Some call this Cagneys Overflow.

After the just completed drydock, Moderno occupies that space on the Jewel. B&L is still in the very same space it has always been. But, it now has a new name - Moderno.

NCL has not used the Cagney's annex attached to the Star Bar in many years for suite breakfast and lunch. Not enough room and people had to wait for tables. The have hosted suite passengers in the main Cagney's area for at least 6 years

As far as Moderno on the Sun. That space is used as an extension of the small buffet area for all passengers.

The lunch at Moderno is nothing to get excited about. They don't serve the steak and other meats they serve at dinner. They serve pretty much the same things you can get at the buffet.....salad, sandwiches, etc.

No charge to eat lunch there.

All I'm familiar with are the Alaska cruises and in 2009 on the Star, 2010 on the Pearl and 2013 on the Pearl, breakfast/lunch for suite passengers was served in the main part of Cagney's.

The last time we had breakfast/lunch in the Cagney's overflow area was back in 2008 on the Pearl (another Alaska cruise).

Maybe it's different on the Alaska cruises? :confused: