Enchantment of the Seas Room phone charges?

I will be sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas soon. I will want to be able to call and check on my kids once a day. Would it be cheaper to use the room phone or my Verizon cell?

I don't want to use any data. I just want to call and talk to my kids for a few minutes a day.

Thanks!

I will be sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas soon. I will want to be able to call and check on my kids once a day. Would it be cheaper to use the room phone or my Verizon cell?

I don't want to use any data. I just want to call and talk to my kids for a few minutes a day.

Thanks!

Not sure on verizon costs as depends on your package, but room phone costs $8 per minute, unless you get a discount for being a tiered member (eg diamond plus get 75% discount so only $2 per minute)

Good luck!

You would be much better off finding free wifi in your ports and sending an email or iMessage (if you use iPhones) to check in.

Ship to shore rates are exorbitant. If you use your cell phone you'll pay for Cellular at Sea rates, which are also exorbitant. Better saved for emergency use only.

Verizon will be $2.50 per minute (more if you are on a very old plan that does not have nationwide roaming). Should be better connection than the satellite phone from your room. I believe you can also add a block of international text messages to your plan, but remember you must make any changes to your plan no later than the billing cut date before you leave.

Thanks!

calling from the ship is like $7.95 a minute.

suing a cell phone is as low as $3.95 a minute plus whatever your provider charges for international roaming, texts are 50 cents to send, 5 or free to receive

just wait until you pull into port and find a free wi fi cafe and send a quick text.