Seats on flight to Sydney

I need some help. We will be flying from LA to Sydney on United. It is a 777-200. When I first booked it we were in econ class. We then changed our seats on the flight over there to econ plus. I was able to get seats A and B in the first row after business class. There is a bulkhead and then a row with no seats then the next row only has two seats instead to the three. If you look at the picture I found you will see that all the other seats have TV in the seat before them to watch but I do not see a TV for our seats. Ours are the two on the left side where the men are standing. Has anyone flown on United with this seating? I paid $180.00 for each seat and if I am on this flight for 15 hours I need something to watch

IMG_4675-L.jpg

I cannot answer your specific question, but you may be able to use seatguru.com to get your info. It might take a bit of time to figure out which 777 config your airline is using on your flight, but you can usually compare the seat diagrams (airline and seatguru) and determine which seatguru diagram matches your flight. Once you know that, the seatguru site will give you details about your specific seats.

Edited by clarea

Not sure why this topic is on the RCI board:confused:

The IFE for the bulkhead seats will as others said unfold out of the seat.

Doesn't matter. OP may be cruising with RCI and knew Bob would have the answer he needs ;)

Doesn't matter. OP may be cruising with RCI and knew Bob would have the answer he needs ;)

You are right it doesn´t matter who the OP Cruises with or not, this question has nothing to do on the RCI boards;) and will be moved soon anyway.;)

If you look at my signeture you will see that yes I am going on a 14 day cruise on the Voyager of the seas starting in Sydney. I have done lots of RC cruises and loved them all. This is my cabin on the aft.

Nav7388balcony-L.jpg

If you look at my signeture you will see that yes I am going on a 14 day cruise on the Voyager of the seas starting in Sydney. I have done lots of RC cruises and loved them all. This is my cabin on the aft.

Nav7388balcony-L.jpg

Fabulous!! :D

And this thread is way more relevant than the marmite one :)

Ask away..... we're here to help......

I've booked NZ/OZ for 2016...... that flight sure is loooooong......

Fabulous!! :D

And this thread is way more relevant than the marmite one :)

Ask away..... we're here to help......

I've booked NZ/OZ for 2016...... that flight sure is loooooong......

Which direction do they go from England, east or west? From here they always go west.

The monitor for the TV will come out of the seat arm. Be aware that those seats have a divider in them... and you can not put the arm rest up between you... (that is where the tv is... and the tray table will be in the other arm.

I hope you have a great cruise... and as said before... seatguru dot com is a great place for specific info on specific seats!!

Which direction do they go from England, east or west? From here they always go west.

We go East, direct or via Hong Kong or Singapore etc to Sydney..... I'm actually flying in to Auckland, NZ...... trying not to focus too much on that right now.... no such thing as a direct flight there......

Is this photo a from an actual flight to Sydney? My husband did this flight towards the end of last year and there were only the old overhead monitors. I would be interested in knowing if this has definitely changed.

Is this photo a from an actual flight to Sydney? My husband did this flight towards the end of last year and there were only the old overhead monitors. I would be interested in knowing if this has definitely changed.

Got the photo off of Bing. Using only United for the title. this is the seating that our aircraft is using.

Not too many Aussies fly via the USA going to Europe/UK.

Qantas last year switched operations to Dubai to team up with Emirates. instead of Singapore (British Airways) and Bangkok for stop overs.

The Middle East Airlines are certainly giving the Asian Airlines some competition on that route.

Most Trans Atlantic cruisers often buy a return Oz to Los Angeles then a one way to or from Europe.

I've flown in the window seat of that row once to Sidney - you got GREAT seats! No one will recline into you and the leg room is wonderful. The person in the window seat can get up and out without disturbing the other person.

Yes, the video is in an arm that swings up from below. There is a release button to press on the arm. The screen will need to be stowed below during takeoff and landing but that really isn't a big deal. Your carry on bags will need to be in the overhead during takeoff and landing as well but you can bring them down for the balance of the trip.

You did great getting those seats as they are usually the first to go! For most of my trips I could book E+ free due to my frequent flyer status but this first row was usually taken weeks and weeks in advance.

I've flown in the window seat of that row once to Sidney - you got GREAT seats! No one will recline into you and the leg room is wonderful. The person in the window seat can get up and out without disturbing the other person.

Yes, the video is in an arm that swings up from below. There is a release button to press on the arm. The screen will need to be stowed below during takeoff and landing but that really isn't a big deal. Your carry on bags will need to be in the overhead during takeoff and landing as well but you can bring them down for the balance of the trip.

You did great getting those seats as they are usually the first to go! For most of my trips I could book E+ free due to my frequent flyer status but this first row was usually taken weeks and weeks in advance.

I got the window and my son has the other one. I booked this flight in 3/23/14 as United flys from my city pasco, Wa. My son wanted these seats going because we take off at 6 AM and do not leave LA until 9.50 PM. I did not want to fly to Denver in Feb so I had to leave a little early to take a flight to SF and then to LA. I have just got econ seats coming back because I will not need the rest when I get home, These seats still can be mine if I wanted them on the way back but $360.00 is saved by just getting the econ seats. I am looking forward to two days in Sydney before the 14 day cruise. We are going to Noumeam New Caledonia, Lautokam Fijji, Auckland-Tauranga - Wellingtonm New Zealand. Plus 8 sea days.

What has been said above about the monitors in the arm rests is correct - I flew these seats into LA and return.

As was mentioned above also was that the armrest is a fixed divider and can't be raised. That also means that the width of the seat is a few inches less than a standard seat too, so for anyone that is on the heavier side/plus side, these can be uncomfortable and you certainly can't lean on your seat mate comfortably either ;) Obviously this won't be an issue for many people, but there are some people out there that might read this and appreciate the heads up!

I got the window and my son has the other one. I booked this flight in 3/23/14 as United flys from my city pasco, Wa. My son wanted these seats going because we take off at 6 AM and do not leave LA until 9.50 PM. I did not want to fly to Denver in Feb so I had to leave a little early to take a flight to SF and then to LA. I have just got econ seats coming back because I will not need the rest when I get home, These seats still can be mine if I wanted them on the way back but $360.00 is saved by just getting the econ seats. I am looking forward to two days in Sydney before the 14 day cruise. We are going to Noumeam New Caledonia, Lautokam Fijji, Auckland-Tauranga - Wellingtonm New Zealand. Plus 8 sea days.

I was surprised to read that you were from Richland, WA (in all the posts I've read on this forum, I don't think I've ever seen anyone from home)! I was born and raised there and fly into and out of Pasco all the time! Have fun on your cruise! :)