My experience with the Premium Drink Package

SJS

Sailing out on the Oasis next week and not planning to do the prepaid premium package. We do both have a few drinks a day on vacation, and DH loves real Starbuck's drinks. Even so, we average about 3-4 alcoholic beverages per day on sail days and less on port days. Can't see it making sense to pay $65 per person per day for that. $910 more is above what we typically see for end-of-cruise charges. We'll see if that's true on this cruise and may make different decisions after.

Goodtime Cruzin, I really don't have an explanation on why I was served such weak drinks. I'm glad others did not have the same experience. I was so looking forward to the package but it just did not work for me. I was just sharing my experience.

I liked the package even though we had access to free drinks at diamond club. Some bartenders were better that others, the bartenders at Boleros were truely great even when bar was packed. If drink was a little weak I would order another shot to add to it. I will get this again in April when we sail on Navigator again

so the service was good? never ignored at the bar or long waits? thank you in advance

The service was excellent, never waited long. If we did wait it was only about 2 mins or so. We were never ignored at any of the bars. We also did tip a few extra dollars every now and then.

Just off the oasis last week and got full value from the drink package, RCL lost out :o didn't enjoy morning drinks but had multiple lattes, fresh orange juice pellegrinos and more than made up over the rest of the day. Drinks were all great and enjoyed in many different venues on the ship. Had generally two $10 champagne glasses per day, two $11 wine, two lattes, one OJ and 3 pellegrinos. That alone without adding in mixed drinks paid for the package. You can pay $4 for the souvenir glass if you want it.

Reading about everyone elses bills at the end of their cruise is making me feel like I must be a raging alcoholic on cruises and just not know it :o

We cruised 9 nights in the South Pacific (not with RCI), travelled with our two young children so were in bed early and sober all but one night where we did have a few more drinks and could be classified as mildly 'drunk'...our tab at the end of the cruise was...wait for it...$2100. :eek: We don't gamble, so the whole $ value literally was drinks.

We are doing a 16 nighter on ROTS next year and I have to say I am ecstatic that I can pre-purchase drinks packages and not be counting up the value of every coffee or glass of wine I have. Bring on the drinks packages I say :)

I agree. I found that because I had prepaid for the drink package I spent more time trying to get my value, thus I drank more than I normally do. It was great having fresh OJ every morning, or nice Maraposa but I did catch myself running downstairs in the afternoon just to get a drink so I can make sure that I made my value.

I thought the drinks were made with just the right amount of alcohol, if not a little too strong sometimes. My wife doesn't drink too many alcohol drinks but most of the bartenders were real good about making her a nonalcoholic version of the drinks and not adding it to my bill, but just give it to me as part of the package. That's where the real value came in for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First ever time getting ultimate drink pkg on Oasis in March and LOVED it.

For those balking at the pkg., it's not only alcohol but soda, juices and specialty coffees as well. We ended up ahead from paying as we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had the drinks package 2 years ago on the Indy and the drinks definitely weaker than the time we went and paid for them. We did tip the bar staff and did complain to Customer relations but it did not improve. One of the bar staff told us they do not put as much alcohol in the drinks when they see the little sticker on the card. We are going again in a fortnight and are still undecided whether to have the package or not.

We had the drinks package 2 years ago on the Indy and the drinks definitely weaker than the time we went and paid for them. We did tip the bar staff and did complain to Customer relations but it did not improve. One of the bar staff told us they do not put as much alcohol in the drinks when they see the little sticker on the card. We are going again in a fortnight and are still undecided whether to have the package or not.

I have just prepaid for the premium package for the first time on Indy for August and I'd like to think that things have changed over the past 2 years. Drink strengths seem to vary from bar to bar as well as with different bartenders, so we generally find the bartender we like the most and stick to them for the duration - plus I am cheeky enough to ask for a top up if I feel it's not strong enough :cool:

230 a day beverages...seems like alot...are you sure that was all drinks

Yup, just about all on drinks. We bought some photos totalling $60 , the kids had an icecream each twice from a specialty outlet and I had a $120 spa treatment, so still leaves two grand. To be fair, DH can knock back a decent amount of adult beverages in a day, plus loves red bull, but he was not drunk, other than our one lateish night. I dont drink very much at all- but do love coffee and when cruising will share a nice bottle of wine over a dinner.

Our cruise was on an australian cruise line though, we always seem to pay more for most things.

After reading this thread I'm torn about whether or not to go with the premium package. I initially thought no way would we come out ahead with the package. I know on our past cruises I was always very conscious of the cost and seldom ordered anything. This will be an adults only cruise with two of our close friends so I'm thinking it would be nice to splurge and just grab a beverage whenever and a glass of wine with dinner ...

Decisions .. Decisions ...

I had a similar experience to skyking. Oasis may 3-10. premium package was DEFINITELY worth it. Drinks were STRONG, being able to get bottled water, wine with all meals and a drink when ever I wanted without having to budget or worry about a big tab at the end of the cruise was great. More than got my moneys worth out of it and would do it again in a heart beat.

edit: wish they would show you how much you would have spent w/o package so you could see if its saved you money or not. But I know for sure I probably got my money back just in bottled water and wine :-)

Hi ,

At the end of our cruise we got a print out of the bars we visited and how many times we had a drink at each bar .

As we stuck to regular drinks , we could add up at each bar and we have to say it was very well worth having the drinks package .

Have fun our next cruise is only a few days away and drinks package has been put in place !!