Glory, Glory, Halle...Uh Oh! Review of My Glory Trip 4-20-14

Writerfl

Great detailed review! We just returned from the Glory a couple of weeks ago and had a great time! We only really two small complaints, first is the new menus that we did not like at all and our shower also flooded every time ( as did our friends room as well). Looking forward to our next cruise;)

:). I really enjoyed your review of the Glory. We'll be on her in August. We booked a 9C ( Empress Deck)' which I know we'll love because we stayed in one in 2012 . Ugh...the. American Table menu :(. We were on the Inspiration in March. Well, at least the Glory has more dining options than the Inspiration!

This will be our first cruise out of Florida. We're really excited to see the Caribbean ports. In the past we've taken land vacations to Cozumel ....love that clear water!

Thanks again!

Your link was posted under an NCL guarantee cabin issue so I just read ur review focusing on ur cabin issues....wow..u are an amazing writer!! I was laughing so hard ( although I'm sure it was not funny for you) but I must say very entertaining reading. Plus great tips for future. Thank you!

B_cruise, thanks for the kind comments. If you enjoyed the Glory Story (how the heck did I end up cross-linked on NCL?) You'll probably like my Ecstasy review even better. I had a bad case of the funnys that day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2050318

Also, stand by. I'll be on Valor later this month. Highjinks are almost guaranteed.

Jeff

Thank you for your honest review, we board her for 2 weeks in 210 days! We had a noise issue on the Victory, cabin 6440 aft balcony. We asked to be switched but they told us they had no other cabin available. Turns out they did but it would have been a downgrade and they didn't think we would like it. Wish they had given me the option. Oh well. I made a polite call to the purser desk every night because I knew they could do no more for me on board and I knew each call was documented so corporate can see it. One night I invited them up, the purser came in the room, looked around and said "your floor is vibrating" Yeah I knew that. We ended up, all things added up, being compensated 800$ for a cruise we paid 1600$ (total) for, so I was satisfied. BTW the Latino bar drum set is no longer located below room 6440. Unless things have changed again.

Thanks for the great review.

I'm book on the Glory for 11/2015 with an aft extended balcony on deck 7, so I think as far as cabins go I'm in good shape. I've not heard very many good things about the new menu, so hopefully by that time it will have either gotten better or dropped altogether.

Writerfl! You are indeed a fine writer! Loved your review. While you experienced some "bumps" along the way of your cruise, you handled it with humor and great style!

Hope to see another one of your entertaining and informative cruise reviews again soon.:)