Alaskan Crab Legs served on the Oosterdam

team honeinn

The crab legs served in the dining room are tiny -- not much meat in them.

But the crab legs served in the Pinnacle are KING Crab Legs -- very big. But they do cost extra -- $20 on top of the $29 per person price.

What a coincidence! Just had king crab leg dinner in New Jersey and the menu price was $49.00.

Snow crab legs just aren't worth the trouble; so much work for so little crab. Now King crab legs are another story. Wonderful! I remember when they had them in the MDR on a formal night.

Any crab is worth it when I don't have to pay {i.e. MDR}!!

we just 'turned' 4 stars last cruise, we now would get 50% off the pinnacle of the $29. would we also get 50% off the $20 extra for crab legs?

thanks Diane

no you don't. We ordered the caviar last time and it was a full surcharge. The discount is only for the basic PG - anything extra you order is full price.

That being said, crabs legs may be on my agenda next time :D

You can also pay an extra charge in the Pinnacle and get crab legs too!:)

How was your cruise Gail?:D

Cruise was so, so. The "O" is looking shabby, particularly in the Pinnacle Bar.

Breakfast in MDR had lousy, lousy service. Hard to get a second cup of coffee. Cruise Director, Shane had a winning personality. Piano man was so stuck on himself. He thought he was a 12 but I give him 7 out of 10. Guitar guy was an 8 - his amp on guitar was turned up too high - could not always hear what he was singing. The MDR was feezing cold every morning and night.:eek:

no you don't. We ordered the caviar last time and it was a full surcharge. The discount is only for the basic PG - anything extra you order is full price.

That being said, crabs legs may be on my agenda next time :D

Don't waste your money on the crab legs unless you think the Prinsendam can do a better job. What I had twice in MDR was King but I did not like the way they were prepared and served.

Thanks Gail, sounds like it was just a so, so cruise.

Crab legs in the Pinnacle were wonderful. Kazu, you should give them a try on your next cruise. They were King Crab and plenty of them. I think they were well worth the extra money.

Don't waste your money on the crab legs unless you think the Prinsendam can do a better job. What I had twice in MDR was King but I did not like the way they were prepared and served.

Thanks Gail, sounds like it was just a so, so cruise.

Crab legs in the Pinnacle were wonderful. Kazu, you should give them a try on your next cruise. They were King Crab and plenty of them. I think they were well worth the extra money.

Thanks both

The Prinsendam's PG has never let me down yet. Hopefully it doesn't this time. Besides, I need a good PG after the last one.

I suspect I shall give it a go - after all - with 30 days - I am sure we will be there a few times:D