Carnival Liberty Early Dining HELP!

I am a planner by nature....However, I wasn't able to book our cruise until 6 days before sailing because of a family emergency. As you would expect, the early dining option is wait listed, as well as the any time dining option. Our last cruise we chose the late dining, but our family was so wore out by all the days activities that we weren't able to enjoy the shows, etc after dinner. By no means am I complaining! Heck were going on our fourth cruise for heavens sake. WE REALLY want the early dining... Question 1) Is there any advice out there on what we can do? @) I am wait listed...what is likely to happen if we don't get the early dining?

If waitlist doesnt clear before you go, go visit the maitre'd on the day of boarding. Lots of people are trying to change dining arrangements on day of boarding. Good luck, and have a great cruise on my favorite ship:)

So there is a chance!!! 50-50? 60-40? We have never been in this position before, but are hoping for the best! So you say this is your favorite ship? Do you mind me asking you why? We have two children, 11 and 13. We "liked" the Paradise, but it was out first cruise, so obviously we had no basis. We didn't like the "Fantasy" as much, and we LOVED the "Dream". Any insight from you would be helpful!

So there is a chance!!! 50-50? 60-40? We have never been in this position before, but are hoping for the best! So you say this is your favorite ship? Do you mind me asking you why? We have two children, 11 and 13. We "liked" the Paradise, but it was out first cruise, so obviously we had no basis. We didn't like the "Fantasy" as much, and we LOVED the "Dream". Any insight from you would be helpful!

Not sure what the chance is, but yes there is a chance, dont give up. As for why I love the liberty, actually has to do with other things other than the ship, but I did love the ships decor, especially the atrium, changing color lights. I had the best cruise of my life on the Liberty, because I was with my Mom, just her and me, and because of our quasi dining fiasco....we had the right time, but rather unpleasant dining table companions, who left after the second night, so then was just me and Mom at a 6 top table, and from then on our waiters seemed soooooo happy...I guess they too were glad that those folks were gone. I just will always remember that wonderful 7 days and my Mom still raves about it.

Sorry I have no recommendations on things for the children, as I dont have any, but Im sure there is plenty of activities for them.

Hope you like the ship too, and hope you have a great cruise.

What did you hate about it?

It was extremely disorganized, took over 2 hours for the meal, waiter had too many tables, drink person never came back to check if we wanted another glass of wine, told them one DD gluten free and 1 vegetarian and did not remember 5 minutes later, several dishes cold, etc. once we switched to early completely different experience. Also, waiter was supposed to bring daughter the next nights menu and breakfast so she could pick her foods. He did not and had to do it up front with hostess when we switched. In early dining the hostess came around every evening to check for next night and breakfast.

We tried it once, not for us! I'll stick to the early time even if we are rushed after port.

Edited by wantocruisemore

You will be in line behind VIFP (Platinum/Diamond) since they get first choice.

FTTF gets next choice.

So, chances are not great, but you should definitely go see the Maitre D' after boarding. He will be in the MDR for requests. Look at the Fun Times for the specific time, but it is usually from 1-3 pm in the Golden Olympian.

You could also e-mail him at: limaitred@carnival.com

Hope it works out for you! Enjoy your cruise. :)