Best things to eat on board?

beverly_kaye

Made to order omelets at the breakfast buffet.

Indian curries (ALL OF THEM) at the lunch buffet. (cinnamon ice cream, too!)

Polish sausage/hot dogs on a grilled bun at the mast grill. (w/ a little sauerkraut)

Steak tartare and chocolate fondue at Tuscan Grille.

Chocolate soufflé AND Grand Marnier souffle at Murano.

Lamb chops at Lawn Club :)

Lamb chops at Qsine, :D

Lamb chops in the MDR :cool:

Lamb shank in the MDR. :eek:

Did I mention the lamb dishes??? :o

I hope they have chicken dishes on the Summit in June. If they do, they must not be anything too special. I never see any chicken dishes listed as faves.

I am not a beef water, except for burgers and never had lamb or duck.... Really doesn't sound too appetizing to me.

Any great chicken dishes that stand out?

I hope they have chicken dishes on the Summit in June. If they do, they must not be anything too special. I never see any chicken dishes listed as faves.

I am not a beef water, except for burgers and never had lamb or duck.... Really doesn't sound too appetizing to me.

How about escargot and frog legs -- taste like chicken. :D

A few of mine:

Made to Order Eggs Benedict station (Mexican with avocado is my favorite)

Butter Chicken (only saw this in the Asian part of the buffet most afternoons around 5PM. So good.

Escargot in MDR- Well cooked and delicious (no chewy).

Fish was outstanding on our Century cruise to Hawaii in March 2013. I probably ordered it 2/3rds of the 15 days. Great variety, delicious preparation. Best on any cruise ship I've sailed the past 30+ years.

I'm going to have to order more lamb, though, on our December cruise - love it. We don't even find chops much in grocery stores here (rural coast of NC.)

Beef short ribs, any lamb dish

Burgers and fries at Mast Grill (ours have always come fresh off the grill)

Caesar Salad

Butter pecan ice cream

Oatmeal cookies (good as homemade)

The little brown bread triangles in the bread basket with raisins in them

Others have mentioned the lamb shanks; I agree. In fact, all of their lamb dishes were superb. The Indian food at the lunch time buffet is also excellent. We never eat supper there, so I don't know if it's a dinner option. Finally, Celeb chefs make incredible soups, especially the chilled ones. They're extremely original and good.

....Finally, Celeb chefs make incredible soups, especially the chilled ones. They're extremely original and good.

Yea...so original I can't a recipe anywhere on the internet or in a cook book for my all time favorite soup...green apple and tangerine :(

My favourite in the MDR was the chicken Caesar salad, the French bread and the ice cream.

The pizza in the buffet was lovely, along with lots of other tasty dishes

Cafe Albacio did lovely almond croissants and the lemon meringue pie was delicious

just having no shopping, cooking or clearing up made it all delicious :D

Butter Chicken was delicious!! Served in the buffet around 5PM each day with some other Asian and Indian dishes, Get it with a little rice in the bottom of your bowl and ENJOY!!

Sadly, the other chicken dishes I remember were overcooked and dry. There was some sort of rotisserie chicken a couple of days which wasn't terrible - but wouldn't recommend it.

I had a MDR chicken entree that was very good. Chicken breast stuffed with spinach & cheese but it was over a year ago

Love the short ribs. Onion soup Caesar salad creme brûlée

Igloo coffee drink at al bacio Elda croissants and little fruit tart

French toAst and fresh squeezed OJ on enhanced room service breakfast menu

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I looked up the menus for Blu and I see that something called "Airline Chicken" is an everyday item.

This scares me. What is it????????????????

"Airline chicken" is a chicken breast where the wing bone closest to the breast is left attached.

"Airline chicken" is a chicken breast where the wing bone closest to the breast is left attached.

They've renamed it on their menu in Blu. It's no longer airline chicken, but I can't recall the new name -- maybe it's just chicken breast. :rolleyes:

all of the cookies

Mast Grill fries and burgers

eggplant parm at Tuscan

goat cheese souffle, mushroom cappuccino, and cheese at Murano

Indian curries and popadoms in buffet

gelato

The goat cheese souffle in Murano was AMAZING!!! One of the best dishes I have ever had anywhere, on land or on a ship.

I agree with many of these.

One thing that took me about four cruises in Blu to order -- the everyday menu chocolate cake. OMGosh!!!

I love the sugar free/fat free sorbets like passionfruit.

I agree the Mast Grill burgers are fairly ordinary but I think that's the whole thing. After you have days of rich food and multi-course meals, it's nice to just hang out by the pool and have a regular burger and fries. I usually sub chips instead and run into the buffet for some fresh guacamole if there isn't any at the Mast Grill.

I'm not too familiar with Indian food but I plan to try some on the next cruise since y'all speak so highly of it.

I have to add one more thing to my already posted list: breadsticks

They are excellent but the best are the rosemary breadsticks sold in Venice which my wife brings home every trip. Wish X would contract with that bakery:p

Will be on Silhouette in September in Venice! How do we find the breadsticks??:)

PAM grocery stores and probably other stores, too. Fagolosi al Rosmarino made by GrissinBon.

Edited by BosoxI