Best things to eat on board?

beverly_kaye

Cheese cake. I dream about it. It is that good! I also like the beef wellington, lunch time crioissants, and caesar salad with anchovies. Salmon mousse is fabulous. I miss the daily bread pudding. My most recent cruise did not have it. Food in the MDR is outstanding. Choices are excellent. Enjoy!

Sweet dreams

URL=http://s76.photobucket.com/user/Janangtal/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image-4.jpg.html]image-4.jpg[/url]

For me, the dish I looked forward to was the Green Apple and Tangerine soup. Sadly, no longer served :(

Second dish, which was served on the same night, Spicy Thai spring rolls...yummm

Other knotables:

Crepes in Bistro, chocolate lava cake, any lamb dish, jerk chicken.

Edited by Allis154

While the organization of our Summit Buffet was atrocious, some of the items were very good:

Chocolate, Praline, After 8 ice creams were delicous.

Pizzas were awesome.

QSINE….

Springrolls, and Painters Filet and Middle Eastern Kebab were great.

MDR….

Lamb Chops, and Beef Tournados were wonderful as was Braised Lamb, and Short Ribs.

on our last cruise, with ALL the choices available, we headed straight to the mast grill for a cheeseburger and fries. They are that good!

That's quickly becoming our favorite "first meal onboard", too. The OceanView is just too much of a zoo, on boarding day. The other alternative is the AquaSpa Cafe -- but that's too early in the cruise for me to be eating anything healthy! :p

I only got it once, but fish & chips at the buffet. I went to find it again and was told it was only a special "British Day" theme item. It was in a little separate station, not in the main buffet line. Grad it when you see them.

The Lawn Club Grill: grilled lamb chops, filet mignon and shrimp/scallop skewers and warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream

Tuscan: mushroom-stuffed pasta with cream sauce

MDR: blue cheese soufflé

Buffet: eggs benedict on corned beef hash

Murano: lobster bisque, goat cheese soufflé

best dessert: Italian Nutella crepe at Bistro on 5

Luckily the cabin was far from the elevators on the last cruise so we walked a lot!

I only got it once, but fish & chips at the buffet. I went to find it again and was told it was only a special "British Day" theme item. It was in a little separate station, not in the main buffet line. Grad it when you see them.

The Buffet has themes?!?:)

I am always amazed by the ravings about the burgers at the mast grill. To me they are very ordinary, like something we would cook at home. I have had then multiple times trying to figure out what everyone else sees that I'm missing. I just don't get it!:confused:

I am always amazed by the ravings about the burgers at the mast grill. To me they are very ordinary, like something we would cook at home. I have had then multiple times trying to figure out what everyone else sees that I'm missing. I just don't get it!:confused:

LOL -- maybe it's the "sea air" that makes them taste so special! ;)

I couldn't agree with You more. I finally tried one on Equinox last month, and it was a real letdown after how many people rave about them. I was there at opening time, and the guy pulls this burger out of a drawer. It was way overlooked and dry. Wonder how long it had been in that drawer. I even wondered it it was left over from the night before and reheated

My homemade burgers are much better, in fact they're quite excellent, which is why the Mast Grill did not impress. The people next to me who ordered weren't very thrilled with their order either.

I think maybe if I had had a freshly cooked burger it would have made a big difference. The fries were just average fries, and I am really not a picky either

Okay, enough of that. Favorite food, soups in Blu, soups in Bistro on 5,

Risotto, short ribs in Blu, and the Gelato at Bacio

Edited by 4cats4me

New fav pasta: Carbonara (served with an egg on top) in MDR

Escargo

Creme Brule

Corned Beef Hash at breakfast buffet

French Onion soup

Aspen coffee in Cafe al Bacio

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

The Buffet has themes?!?:)

We had 3 theme days on Solstice. One was Hawaiian (cruise was from Honolulu), one was Canadian and American and the third was a grand buffet that sort of replaced the big brunch they used to give on sea days only there were no ice sculptures. there was a chocolate fountain though.

We were told by a chef that Celebrity is going to do this using local themed buffets. ie the Hawaiian one on ours since it was from Hawaii.