Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

• 3 weeks later...
What the heck? Where you seriously making funny faces while I was trying to get a picture? REDO!!

IMG_0002-M.jpg

So time to put the snorkeling mask and snorkel on and see what all is under us. You could tell there were some friendly fish, but I had no idea just how many until I ducked my head underwater.

P5210047-L.jpg

P5210053-L.jpg

P5210049-L.jpg

There were thousands of these little fishes everywhere you went. It was funny to see them all grouped together and there was like this invisible line that magically told them "stop here".

P5210040-L.jpg

P5210050-L.jpg

Thanks for this review, will be sailing the Getaway in a few days!

About how much and how long was it to get to Coki Beach?

and do they charge you any fees to swim and snorkel there?

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
I had finally ran my battery dead on my Olympus (which I knew I would with as many pictures that I took). It was time to pull out my Canon D10 to take a few final pictures.

Hello Mitsugirly

I love your pictures. I'm about to invest in my first underwater camera and was wondering if you might share with me the model of your Olympus.

This looks like a fantastic camera looking at the quality and colours you've captured.

Looking forward to hearing from you

This Blue Lagoon looks like fun. Love your pictures, better than the website! Website says all water toys included for $59...I noticed you said it was an additional $15 for the kids to do the obstacle course with the slides, etc. Looking for a reasonably priced 'excursion' for the family that will make everyone happy (with kids ages 10 to 18) and you have such great posts! Is this a good one in Nassau? Any other recommendations? Thanks!

Hello Mitsugirly

I love your pictures. I'm about to invest in my first underwater camera and was wondering if you might share with me the model of your Olympus.

This looks like a fantastic camera looking at the quality and colours you've captured.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi, I'm so sorry. I have not received any email notifications that anyone had responded to my thread. This seems to be happening a lot lately with me. :(

Anyhow, I have an Olympus Tough 620 and a 830. The 830 is of course more updated and has a few newer additional options on it. One of them that I can think of at the moment is that you can be taking a video and still hit the picture button and it will take pictures at the same time.

There are a lot of different models out there (and even newer ones). They should all pretty much do a decent job.

This Blue Lagoon looks like fun. Love your pictures, better than the website! Website says all water toys included for $59...I noticed you said it was an additional $15 for the kids to do the obstacle course with the slides, etc. Looking for a reasonably priced 'excursion' for the family that will make everyone happy (with kids ages 10 to 18) and you have such great posts! Is this a good one in Nassau? Any other recommendations? Thanks!

Let me clarify. We did the excursion using the cruiseline. This is why it cost us extra. Now "normally" we do private but after I weighed the options, we decided it would just make more sense for us to do the cruiseline because we had a big group going (with children) and with the cruiseline, they picked us right up from the dock (before even going out of the gates) and we headed straight there. If you do it on your own, you will go outside the gates, find a cab and then have to be taken down and over the big bridge over to Paradise where you will catch the ferry to Blue Lagoon. So that's why we decided it was best to do it the other way and optimize our time there.

IF you book directly with Blue Lagoon, then yes, the inflatables come with the admission price. :) I hope that helps.

Yes, I do think it's a pretty awesome place to go when in Nassau. It made for a great day for us and we enjoyed ourselves.

The only other place I have been is Melia. It's pretty nice too with tons of swimming pools and falls and a beautiful beach. However the day we were there, there was a lot of construction and it was kinda cold and windy, so we did not get full use of our day there. :( They also have good snorkeling there I'm told. But since it was a crappy day, no one was aloud in the ocean so I can not comment first hand. I do have a complete report in my signature line of it...along with TONS of pictures of course. :D

I am a year late and I believe you are sailing right now. Hope you are having a blast!

I loved your report and I am now off to work through some of your others.

Do you use the flash for your underwater pictures? Mine always turn out like crap and I never even thought to put on my flash till recently. Of course I haven't gone snorkeling since then and now I need to try it out!

We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon in 2011. We really enjoyed it. I have thought about going back for the beach day. I agre the ride did not seem like 40 minutes at all.

My heart pangs every time I saw the Disney Fantasy. I am a Disney Cruise freak...but haven't been on the Fantasy yet!

I am a year late and I believe you are sailing right now. Hope you are having a blast!

I loved your report and I am now off to work through some of your others.

Do you use the flash for your underwater pictures? Mine always turn out like crap and I never even thought to put on my flash till recently. Of course I haven't gone snorkeling since then and now I need to try it out!

We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon in 2011. We really enjoyed it. I have thought about going back for the beach day. I agre the ride did not seem like 40 minutes at all.

My heart pangs every time I saw the Disney Fantasy. I am a Disney Cruise freak...but haven't been on the Fantasy yet!

Yep, we just got off the Dawn today and definitely had a blast. I can't wait to go back to Bermuda.

No, I do not use the flash under water. I have tried that a few times and the flash will pick up every water bubble, micro organism (well, probably not but it sure does look like it in the pictures) and every other thing you can think of. It doesn't work out well for me, so I leave the flash off.

We loved Blue Lagoon and would definitely go back just to hang out. We really enjoyed the ride over and back and we thought the time went quickly.

The Disney cruises look wonderful, but I doubt we will ever take one. They are just too darn expensive for my taste. We will probably be eliminating a cruise next year and just going to Disney World (and all the other places I love down there like Animal Kingdom and Universal) just to take our little one there (she has never been yet). :)

Yep, we just got off the Dawn today and definitely had a blast. I can't wait to go back to Bermuda.

No, I do not use the flash under water. I have tried that a few times and the flash will pick up every water bubble, micro organism (well, probably not but it sure does look like it in the pictures) and every other thing you can think of. It doesn't work out well for me, so I leave the flash off.

We loved Blue Lagoon and would definitely go back just to hang out. We really enjoyed the ride over and back and we thought the time went quickly.

The Disney cruises look wonderful, but I doubt we will ever take one. They are just too darn expensive for my taste. We will probably be eliminating a cruise next year and just going to Disney World (and all the other places I love down there like Animal Kingdom and Universal) just to take our little one there (she has never been yet). :)

I thought it was about time for you to be back from your Dawn cruise so I was hoping you would be doing a review. I'm in no rush, I am recovering from hip surgery, I am in cruise withdrawal, and your reviews are always such a great read. I am going to have plenty of time to enjoy this one! :D

Looks like you may be in our area next year if you do an Orlando parks trip. It will be really interesting to see what you plan to do here. Oh wait,, that's not a cruise, so you probably won't be posting here. Disney board maybe? Who knows, we may even run into you in the parks, as we get down there every chance we get. I can tell you for sure that Sakari will love it. :cool:

I thought it was about time for you to be back from your Dawn cruise so I was hoping you would be doing a review. I'm in no rush, I am recovering from hip surgery, I am in cruise withdrawal, and your reviews are always such a great read. I am going to have plenty of time to enjoy this one! :D

Looks like you may be in our area next year if you do an Orlando parks trip. It will be really interesting to see what you plan to do here. Oh wait,, that's not a cruise, so you probably won't be posting here. Disney board maybe? Who knows, we may even run into you in the parks, as we get down there every chance we get. I can tell you for sure that Sakari will love it. :cool:

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your hip surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery and please take it easy. At least I may be able to keep you entertained some. :D

We have been to Disney (and the Orlando area) so many times and loved it. We just haven't done it since Sakari was born. I know she'd have a blast. We normally hit up Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Islands of Adventure (<---my absolute favorite. We were there right before it was opened to the public, had special tickets, and all the movie stars were there...Ron Howard, Eddie Murphy, Patrick Swayze, all the cast from the movie Jurassic Park, the popular boy band back then...98 degrees, Rosie O'Donnell, Whitney Houston and her kid(s) and a bunch more...it was an amazing time to have the park to yourself with all of them riding rides and walking around), the other Universal Studios and MGM (which I think it's called something else now?). Those are the ones we have always went to every time we are there. We will probably have to go to Sea World as well since Sakari is an animal freak. :p When my other kids were little, we use to have a Sea World here in Ohio and would just go there. But since they got rid of it, Sakari has never been.

It will be a great time. :D Wait, what Disney board? I didn't realize there was one. I've always said I wanted to move to Florida and if I do, I want it to be the Orlando area.

Yep, we just got off the Dawn today and definitely had a blast. I can't wait to go back to Bermuda. :)

Welcome Back Kim!! I am happy to learn that you had a blast on my beloved Island of Bermuda and that you cannot wait to go back! :D Bermuda is just beautiful. Looking forward to your review, however, somehow I missed this review on the Getaway so I have lots of catching up to do in the meantime. :eek:

Welcome Back Kim!! I am happy to learn that you had a blast on my beloved Island of Bermuda and that you cannot wait to go back! :D Bermuda is just beautiful. Looking forward to your review, however, somehow I missed this review on the Getaway so I have lots of catching up to do in the meantime. :eek:

Howdee Camz. Long time no see. LOL ;) :p

Yep, we had a great time. Some not so great, some ok, some mess ups and plenty of laughter and fun. I can't wait to get my review started. I'm getting ready to work on the pictures now. :D

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about your hip surgery. I hope you have a speedy recovery and please take it easy. At least I may be able to keep you entertained some. :D

We have been to Disney (and the Orlando area) so many times and loved it. We just haven't done it since Sakari was born. I know she'd have a blast. We normally hit up Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Islands of Adventure (<---my absolute favorite. We were there right before it was opened to the public, had special tickets, and all the movie stars were there...Ron Howard, Eddie Murphy, Patrick Swayze, all the cast from the movie Jurassic Park, the popular boy band back then...98 degrees, Rosie O'Donnell, Whitney Houston and her kid(s) and a bunch more...it was an amazing time to have the park to yourself with all of them riding rides and walking around), the other Universal Studios and MGM (which I think it's called something else now?). Those are the ones we have always went to every time we are there. We will probably have to go to Sea World as well since Sakari is an animal freak. :p When my other kids were little, we use to have a Sea World here in Ohio and would just go there. But since they got rid of it, Sakari has never been.

It will be a great time. :D Wait, what Disney board? I didn't realize there was one. I've always said I wanted to move to Florida and if I do, I want it to be the Orlando area.

Yes, you're already keeping me well entertained with your Dawn review. However, I'm not going to call it a novel because it is most definitely not fiction! Write as much as you like, I'm in for the long haul. BTW, I do like the font/size/color you've chosen for this one. Much easier for my aging eyes to read.

The hip is doing much better now that it is fixed. 2 hips down, 2 knees to go. Then I will be the bionic women. I am taking it easy because I know I need to heal. I do not want to risk damaging the great work my surgeon has done and have to go through what I understand is a very painful process to repair the damages if I cause it to pop.

With all there is to see and do here in Orlando, you may need more than one trip to get it all in. I know Sakari will love Sea World. I have been to the one you had in Ohio and I think you will find this one here to be a big step up. You may also want to check out their water park, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove. Don't forget about the Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach. Oh, Universal is building a water park, and there is a new aquarium open on International Drive that I haven't checked out yet due to my hip issues.

I don't want to break any rules here about posting links, but yes, there's a disney board. I will separate the info here, just take out the spaces and go research away. It's dis boards dot com. Just don't let it slow you down in writing your Dawn review. :eek::D

Yes, you're already keeping me well entertained with your Dawn review. However, I'm not going to call it a novel because it is most definitely not fiction! Write as much as you like, I'm in for the long haul. BTW, I do like the font/size/color you've chosen for this one. Much easier for my aging eyes to read.

The hip is doing much better now that it is fixed. 2 hips down, 2 knees to go. Then I will be the bionic women. I am taking it easy because I know I need to heal. I do not want to risk damaging the great work my surgeon has done and have to go through what I understand is a very painful process to repair the damages if I cause it to pop.

With all there is to see and do here in Orlando, you may need more than one trip to get it all in. I know Sakari will love Sea World. I have been to the one you had in Ohio and I think you will find this one here to be a big step up. You may also want to check out their water park, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove. Don't forget about the Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach. Oh, Universal is building a water park, and there is a new aquarium open on International Drive that I haven't checked out yet due to my hip issues.

I don't want to break any rules here about posting links, but yes, there's a disney board. I will separate the info here, just take out the spaces and go research away. It's dis boards dot com. Just don't let it slow you down in writing your Dawn review. :eek::D

Thanks for the comments and glad this font is working better. Hopefully there won't be any complaints with it this time around. :)

I have been to Sea World there in Florida a few times back when I was in my 20's and loved it, although I'm sure it has changed a bit and improved.

I have read and seen pictures of the water parks they have there but just have never been interested in going to them for some reason. Adding those on the times we have been there just end up being a bit too much and if we did those, it would take away from the other parks. So I just have never done them before. But I will look into them.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out and I appreciate it. :)

Speedy recovery to you my friend.

Well then my camera just must be crap. LOL It's a fuji and I bought it for solely using underwater, but everything is always pretty greenish, even with the underwater setting.

I am a huge Disney geek and hope you do write a report about your trip there. I visit the board Nancy mentioned but I also like passporters. There is less people there (Dis has a LOT of people) and nicer. On Dis some people are kind of nasty at times, but not on the TR boards usually.

I do have to say that I read that the balcony rooms (and had also seen pictures) where the night stands lit up under them. Either ours didn't have the lights or I couldn't find out how to turn them on.

When the couch was made into a bed, this was the configuration and you can see that there was plenty of room to still walk around. It made out sideways instead of pulling out and it was only made as a 1 person bed.

P5170107-L.jpg

If you have 4 people booked in a room, then the other single bed will come out of the ceiling. So, even with 4 people in the room, to me, this would suit us just fine had we kept 4 in there because it didn't take up any more space.

P5170109-L.jpg

Is this as far as the sofa extends out to make a bed? I'm not familiar with sofa beds at all. Trying to make sure it would be big enough for my 15 yr old nephew who's at least 5'10". A video I kind of saw (poor quality) on youtube made it look like it was a full size bed.

Is this as far as the sofa extends out to make a bed? I'm not familiar with sofa beds at all. Trying to make sure it would be big enough for my 15 yr old nephew who's at least 5'10". A video I kind of saw (poor quality) on youtube made it look like it was a full size bed.

I am honestly not sure. This is how the room steward made the bed every day for our daughter, but then again she was only 6 at the time and little, so maybe they just didn't pull it out all the way? :confused: Hopefully someone else will have the answer for you.

Well then my camera just must be crap. LOL It's a fuji and I bought it for solely using underwater, but everything is always pretty greenish, even with the underwater setting.

I am a huge Disney geek and hope you do write a report about your trip there. I visit the board Nancy mentioned but I also like passporters. There is less people there (Dis has a LOT of people) and nicer. On Dis some people are kind of nasty at times, but not on the TR boards usually.

Jen, my first UW camera was a fuji, too. It shorted out the first time I used it - in 3 feet of water in my neighbor's pool. Ended up getting a refund because they couldn't fix it. I have an Olympus Tough T3 now and I like it very much. I do still get some color distortion sometimes, but overall it is pretty good and I think with proper underwater lighting the pictures would be even better.

Kim, there is so much to do in Orlando you really can't do it all in one trip. You have to find what works best for you and your family, then fit it into the time frame you have. Either that, or do what we did and move here. :eek::D We have been here for 11 years now and are still finding things to do that we haven't tried yet. We have gotten some pretty amazing deals through Groupon.

Jen, my first UW camera was a fuji, too. It shorted out the first time I used it - in 3 feet of water in my neighbor's pool. Ended up getting a refund because they couldn't fix it. I have an Olympus Tough T3 now and I like it very much. I do still get some color distortion sometimes, but overall it is pretty good and I think with proper underwater lighting the pictures would be even better.

Kim, there is so much to do in Orlando you really can't do it all in one trip. You have to find what works best for you and your family, then fit it into the time frame you have. Either that, or do what we did and move here. :eek::D We have been here for 11 years now and are still finding things to do that we haven't tried yet. We have gotten some pretty amazing deals through Groupon.

THAT is my goal...trust me. I have been talking about it for years! :)

I am honestly not sure. This is how the room steward made the bed every day for our daughter, but then again she was only 6 at the time and little, so maybe they just didn't pull it out all the way? :confused: Hopefully someone else will have the answer for you.

K. Thanks for taking time away from your Dawn/Bermuda review. Now, get back to it...I'm loving it! 😄

• 4 weeks later...
So here we are, 3 families so excited to get this cruise started and it was hard to sleep the night before. Since I had so much going on the previous 2 weeks with graduation and moving, I waited until the last moment to start packing and didn't finish until the day before we were supposed to leave. SO NOT LIKE ME!! I'm a planner!

Our flight was to leave at 6:30am out of Columbus, so I was up and getting ready with last minute packing and getting the family in motion at 3:30am. Since there were a total of 8 of us this time around, my daughter had a pull a car off the car lot (her boyfriend owns) that was big enough to haul all of us and our luggage to the airport to drop us off.

We booked with Southwest, as we always do, since it's always cheaper for us with pricing and the first 2 bags are free with each passenger. HOWEVER, this is the first time that we have ever booked a flight straight from Columbus to our destination both on the way there and on the way back. WOO HOO. We have always had a connecting flight and a lay over between flights. I was excited because this meant that we would arrive in Ft Lauderdale around 9:30 and be able to spend the day walking around, getting things we needed (soda) at the store and swimming in the pool. Plenty of relaxation and time to build the excitement for the cruise the following day.

We (my husband, myself and 6 year old) have always flown when cruising UNLESS my oldest daughter goes, then we drive (her bf has had this fear of flighing and is convinced we will all die in a crash if he boards). After our last "adventure" of driving, I vowed (as I always do) to never drive again. But this time I meant it. I feel so drained and anxious when having to take 2 days in a car with that many people to do it again. No way! I told her this time I'm flying with or without you. You can drive and take 2 days and I'll be there in 2 hours and 45 minutes. Meet ya there! So she convinced her bf to fly. WHAT?!?

Since this was her first experience with flying, she had no idea what to expect or how everything works. The night before we made plans...I would be at her house at 4:45am and so would our "driver". The suburban was to be packed ahead of time and we would only have to put our luggage in there and off to the plane terminal by 5am. Check our luggage in by 5:30am and check in with security by 6am for a good 1/2 hour leadway to get on the plane.

We arrived at her house to find that 1) the suburban was not packed yet. 2) KENDRA and family was not packed yet and the entire household was in an uproar. Kendra discovered that she couldn't find their birth certificates that she just had in her hand the night before. When we arrived, I could already tell this was not going to go well. We started packing the suburban with all the luggage we could find, transferring car seats over for the little ones...and of course a lot of pacing and nail biting. We had to drag out luggage to look for the birth certificates with no luck. It was pushing 5:30 at this point and I was half tempted to put my luggage back in my car and head to the airport to meet them there.

She finally found the birth certificates and we all piled in and off we headed to the airport in a racing frenzy. I tried to explain to her over and over the "time frame" of having to check in luggage and ourselves with security and this could be a lengthy process depending on how many other people were checking in at the same time.

We arrived and got in line at the luggage counter outside the terminal only to find that once it was our turn, they informed us that we would have to go inside to check our luggage in because we had to be there 45 minutes before our flight times to check in out there.

We headed inside and gasp...:eek: the lines were rediculous. My heart sank and I had "this feeling" that the morning was only going to get worse. After checking in our luggage, they were tagged with the bright YELLOW tags that said LATE ARRIVAL, notifying the entire world that we were losers. I felt like hiding my head in shame at that moment. They explained that our luggage would NOT arrive with us on the plane and would be coming in later. This is where I turned to my daughter and gave her that "mother look" that you give your child when you are in public and they are misbehaving when they are young! Of course what I got was the "How was I supposed to know?" Um, because I have been telling you our timeframe, that's how. You can't arrive late!

Then we headed for the security line as quickly as we could. It was a little after 6am at this point and the lines were long. For some reason they pulled us over to the express lane (the lane where you don't have to take off your shoes or anything) and I was a little relieved. However, we were "dinged" as the "lucky ones" to get "checked" randomly...which meant we ended up having to take our shoes off and walk into the xray machine and the whole 9 yards. GACK! This delayed us even more.

Once we were done with security, I looked at my watch and it was 6:25am and I felt the sudden urge to puke! We RAN....YES RAN, in our socks to the terminal to only arrive and see the plane was backing up and leaving. I just wanted to sit there and cry. My daughter and her family didn't arrive for another 10 minutes. Now you talk about wanting to crawl in a hole and hide while other people starred at us with that "Did you really miss your plane?" shame on you! look.

This is the first time I have ever missed a flight or even came close. I had no idea what they do from here. Did we have to purchase new tickets and pay thousands of $$ at the new rates now? We talked to the attendants at the counter and they explained to us how they would see if there was any room on the next plane heading out, but there was a good chance that we would all have to split up on different flights to different places and we would be on standby for seats that weren't full from not being booked or people like us (do they really exists?) that miss their flight. This meant that we would not get to sit together and this also meant that our young children probably would not be sitting with us on the plane and would be forced to sit with a total stranger. This also meant that it would no longer be a straight flight to FLL, but we would have to do a connecting flight and do the same routine over once we arrived there...on standby, being split up again on different planes at different times.

The next flight heading out was at 10am and they would be able to probably put 3 of our party on it. Then another 2 of our party on the next flight after that, then the other 3 some time around 6pm. Everyone should arrive in FLL by 9:30pm they said. My heart was breaking. If my daughter could cause this much damage on her first flight, how was she supposed to know what to do during connecting flights without us? Or even my son and his gf, who both had never flown before either? I was playing out the worse senerio in my head and already had us pegged for missing our ship as well and probably never seeing our luggage again.

Well, I guess it's time to sit down and put our shoes back on...we weren't going anywhere for hours now!

You allowed 90 minutes to get to the airport, through security, and board? Yes, I see how this can work.

• 3 months later...

Mitsugirly,

I read your Carnival Pride review before our Pride cruise in April (our first ever cruise). I loved reading it and it really helped me know what to expect. We've fallen in love with cruising and our next cruise is on the Getaway in February. I was excited to see that you had also written a Getaway review. Thanks for another fantastic review!

• 2 weeks later...
Mitsugirly,

I read your Carnival Pride review before our Pride cruise in April (our first ever cruise). I loved reading it and it really helped me know what to expect. We've fallen in love with cruising and our next cruise is on the Getaway in February. I was excited to see that you had also written a Getaway review. Thanks for another fantastic review!

I hope you find some useful information. Thanks for commenting and have a wonderful Getaway cruise. :)

I do have to say that I always wonder when they tell you things like this on a tour. I mean they could tell you anything and you would never know if it's true or not. When I returned I tried to google any info I could get on it and there wasn't anything at all claiming that they even own a house in Nassau or the Bahamas. I did find that they vacation there a lot and there was a mention of the place they usually "stay" at when in town. But no mention of them owning a place. So, who knows.

They also showed us the "island" that Eddie Murphy was supposed to own. I did find information on that online, so I guess maybe that portion is true. LOL

P5230067-L.jpg

Like I said before, I couldn't hear what all they were saying on the ride over, so I have no idea who else had a home there of "interest". I know they say that Michael Jordan and Oprah have homes there, but I couldn't tell you much more.

We came up to the huge bridge(s) that we went under on the way over and stopped close to one of them. That's when I found out that this was "Paradise Island" and the stop others talked about. We were lucky to be there maybe 1 minute and dropped of about 3 people and off we went.

P5230072-L.jpg

I am LOVING this review! I have seen your posts on other threads but this is the first review I have read. My family and I are getting ready to sail on the Getaway in December. This will be the first time taking our kids ages 8,7 and 3

The whole time I have been reading this review I've thought "oh that sounds like something I would do." I finally HAD to comment about going back and googling the information about the information they were giving you! We did the boat tour in Miami a couple of years ago and they pointed out famous people's houses. As soon as I had access to a computer I started googling because I to was skeptical. Thinking they could tell me anything and I would just believe it :)

I really feel like I am on this cruise with you as I'm reading this. This morning I told my husband all about Coki beach and how we MUST go there next time we are in St. Thomas. Last year we did a deep sea fishing excursion which was kind of a bust but we LOVE to snorkel.

Where in Ohio are you from? We live in the Dayton are (Beavercreek) We always fly out of Columbus. I told my husband about your story and said we better make sure we get there extra early especially with all the heightened security I'm sure we will run into. I can't wait to keep reading this review and then move on to some of your others!

I am LOVING this review! I have seen your posts on other threads but this is the first review I have read. My family and I are getting ready to sail on the Getaway in December. This will be the first time taking our kids ages 8,7 and 3

The whole time I have been reading this review I've thought "oh that sounds like something I would do." I finally HAD to comment about going back and googling the information about the information they were giving you! We did the boat tour in Miami a couple of years ago and they pointed out famous people's houses. As soon as I had access to a computer I started googling because I to was skeptical. Thinking they could tell me anything and I would just believe it :)

I really feel like I am on this cruise with you as I'm reading this. This morning I told my husband all about Coki beach and how we MUST go there next time we are in St. Thomas. Last year we did a deep sea fishing excursion which was kind of a bust but we LOVE to snorkel.

Where in Ohio are you from? We live in the Dayton are (Beavercreek) We always fly out of Columbus. I told my husband about your story and said we better make sure we get there extra early especially with all the heightened security I'm sure we will run into. I can't wait to keep reading this review and then move on to some of your others!

So glad you are loving the review. It makes me happy when others get information from my reviews...even if it's just a giggle. :p

The Getaway is awesome with so much to do. There's a lot to keep you entertained that's for sure.

YES! Definitely go to Coki. The snorkeling there is simply amazing! Some of the best.

We are from Columbus. We have never ran into "too many" problems at the airport here. (Of course unless WE are late, like we were on this adventure due to my daughter and that was our own fault). But otherwise, it's been pretty simple and flows good.

We were also just on the Breakaway, the sister ship of the Getaway, and had a blast. :)