Help

CHERBEAR16

Great suggestion from hawaiissunshine1! You got a really good deal on the cruise too IMHO. Southwest has fares out of BWI to FFL as low as $90 one way... of course, I don't know the dates you are trying to book. I just ran a Sat. to Sun. mock booking in mid July as a test. Alas, you will probably have to fork over more than that per person for a single nights lodging but check out the previous poster's experience.

Also, it is highly advisable to have a passport if you have time to get one before your cruise. That is another $110 per person to get one but then it is good for 10 years. Not sure the itinerary but you "can" travel on closed loop cruise with a birth certificate and drivers license. Personally, I wouldn't step foot in a foreign country without a passport and a credit card but that is just me. Just read Carnival's policy closely.

Hope you have a great time on your trip!!!

Sorry, I call shenanigans! I sail with 5 people all the time, we have never fit in one room, nor would we care to (there are a few that can hold 5, but not many) and they are certainly more than $1600 total. Are we talking a 7 night cruise here??

I also notice that when asked what ship this was on, OP has yet to respond. If they do, I plan to try to book it just to see.

They have no money, they have plenty of money?? If they have plenty, why ask for Help???:p

SHENANIGANS I say!!:eek:

I am sort of with you on this one!

Although I am always too quick to judge anyway:(

The asking for help may have been just to get cheaper flight options and worded wrong? but this is a cruise forum so I would imagine everyone has the same problem with flight costs?

I booked a Dream cruise for cheap but it cost us $3500 to fly from Australia to U.S for it:eek: Help Me:D:D

Sorry, I call shenanigans! I sail with 5 people all the time, we have never fit in one room, nor would we care to (there are a few that can hold 5, but not many) and they are certainly more than $1600 total. Are we talking a 7 night cruise here??:confused:

I also notice that when asked what ship this was on, OP has yet to respond. If they do, I plan to try to book it just to see.

They have no money, they have plenty of money?? If they have plenty, why ask for Help???:p

I agree PhoenixDawg. 1600.00 for 5 people sounds a little too good to be true. I'm still curious as to the what, when and where is. I wish the OP would respond, cause I would love to get in on it!

Pack some sleeping bags and start hitch hiking :D

hysterical.gif

Ok,I think the best option here was said -DRIVE.

I would pick(find) a hotel that will give FREE parking while your on the cruise.

Even if you ALL dont stay in that hotel, you would not have to pay for parking.

At the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South/Blue Lagoon you'll find the perfect settings for your pre-cruise plans.

Our STAY & CRUISE packge includes.

• One-way transportation for 2 [two] to the Port of Miami
  • FREE parking up to 14 nights
  • FREE Airport Shuttle
  • FREE Hot Breakfast
  • FREE High Speed Internet Access

Edited by arubanut

I don't get it either. First the OP said they don't have money for the air and such, then as soon as some question that, the OP says she has plenty of money. :confused:

If I were the OP, I would wait until I comfortably have the funds to take the cruise and all the costs that come with it.

I don't get it either. First the OP said they don't have money for the air and such, then as soon as some question that, the OP says she has plenty of money. :confused:

If I were the OP, I would wait until I comfortably have the funds to take the cruise and all the costs that come with it.

Check her past post.

Sorry, I call shenanigans! I sail with 5 people all the time, we have never fit in one room, nor would we care to (there are a few that can hold 5, but not many) and they are certainly more than $1600 total. Are we talking a 7 night cruise here??:confused:

Looks like your call is correct.:D

The husband left her in another post that is from Aug 2011, with pretty much the same story except she canceled the cruise.

a sad story????????????????? the only help I was asking for was tips on cruising THATS IT since I have never been before

and ive never flown either so needed advice on booking affordable flights

wow people

So just so I can catch you up to speed , its a cruise carnival extascy march 13-16 very short cruise and 3 of them are teens, no one plans on being in the room very much so why pay for 2 cabins?? anything else you would like to know???

WOW cant even do research on taking my family on vacation!!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:HELP:confused::confused::confused:

Heres the short version of my long story.....

I have wanted to go on a cruise for 10+ years and have studied and studied and studied, I was with my husband for 15 years I booked and paid for a cruise and 2 months before we were set to sale he left me, so I cancelled the cruise and got my money back

ive always wanted to take my "kids" and now they are turning 16 and 17 so NOWS THE TIME

I studied Royal Caribbean and now I find myself booking with carnival

We are going out of Miami FL 5 of us for $1600.000

but we don't have the money for airfair, trains, hotels etc please help with that and as much CARNIVAL/CRUISE tips as you can

IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

Maybe if you had worded the last line different then maybe it wouldn't sound like you're asking for donations. Because that's how I read it.

a sad story????????????????? the only help I was asking for was tips on cruising THATS IT since I have never been before

and ive never flown either so needed advice on booking affordable flights

wow people

You must be able to understand peoples scepticism though?

You have explained so you will get tips you may find useful:)

Although not in USA I booked all my Domestic US flights through SouthWest airlines direct and JetBlue airlines direct because they were the cheapest and give you included checked luggage, signup to both and they will send you deals. 6 months out and 3 months out I found the cheapest flights but they may not be available in your location?

Kayak is a flight search site that will let you compare all or most of the deals with airlines. Check very often for best flight price reductions.

Priceline is another good site and usually has the cheaper flights shown on Kayak:)

lizjoemom & phoenixdawgcruising

its called carnival.com.....its $195.00/pp and we are going march 13-16 let me do the math for you $195.00x5=$935.00 we have to pay the additional in taxes, fees and insurance

let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

When I had a gf with 2 kids we would always drive to port as airfare for that many people is expensive. My advice, I drove from NC to FL for a 4 day cruise once, and will never do it again. 4 days goes by so quick, the drive there and back was not worth it. 7 day minimum for a cruise, unless you live 30 minutes from the port.

So just so I can catch you up to speed , its a cruise carnival extascy march 13-16 very short cruise and 3 of them are teens, no one plans on being in the room very much so why pay for 2 cabins?? anything else you would like to know???

WOW cant even do research on taking my family on vacation!!!

Let me see. You start a thread called: Help

Then you tell the 10 yr story and add, and I quote: "but we don't have the money for airfair, trains, hotels etc please help with that".

Then the story changes to you have loads of money. Then we find out you are taking a 3 day cruise with 5 adults in an inside cabin.

Sorry, but this does not add up which is why a lot of people have questions.

I really do have lots of money but, I look for value for my money. There is no way I would transport 5 people to Florida in any manner for a 3 day cruise stuffed in one inside room.

CherBear,

We drive to our cruise terminal with our family of 5. We live on Long Island. We have depart from florida's east coast ports. But I must say to drive, fly or go by train for a 3 day cruise is way to much. Considering your distance. Really not worth the aggravation. If you can swing a longer cruise and drive, you will be much happier with your money spent.

lizjoemom & phoenixdawgcruising

its called carnival.com.....its $195.00/pp and we are going march 13-16 let me do the math for you $195.00x5=$935.00 we have to pay the additional in taxes, fees and insurance

let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.

Nope, that's all I wanted to know. Makes sense for a 3 day cruise however, I don't know that I would go through all the trouble of driving just for a 3 dayer. I'm out. Still a good price tho. Have fun!

Just a suggestion.... The 4 nighter on the 16th of march is just $26 more pp. I did not research the air but a 3 nighter is so short, you are disembarking before you know it. You may want to look into that. I know it's not saving you money but it is a better value!

Let me see. You start a thread called: Help

Then you tell the 10 yr story and add, and I quote: "but we don't have the money for airfair, trains, hotels etc please help with that".

Then the story changes to you have loads of money. Then we find out you are taking a 3 day cruise with 5 adults in an inside cabin.

Sorry, but this does not add up which is why a lot of people have questions.

I really do have lots of money but, I look for value for my money. There is no way I would transport 5 people to Florida in any manner for a 3 day cruise stuffed in one inside room.

Can I have some:D:D:D

Horse...Dead. Ride...Stop. Give it up people, shenanigans as I said. 5 adult sized people in an inside on one of the oldest ships in the fleet. $1600 or not, just leave it alone. Leading a dead horse to water and trying to make it drink is exhausting!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums