Bus\Ferry Tickets and duty free shopping

dansta

Hello all,

We are taking the Celebrity Summit in 2 weeks time (actually less than 2 now :)) to Bermuda. I have read at a few different places that for the 2014 season, tickets ($30 for 15) works for both Ferry and Buses. Can someone confirm? Also these tickets are only available at either the bus or ferry terminal in Hamilton and post offices and NOT available at the visitor desk at the port. Is that correct?

On another note did someone try the Celebrity Summit's duty free? Are the prices competitive for liquor as an example (compared to back in states)?

Cheers

Ida

Yes, the tickets (as well as tokens and transportation passes) are good on both buses and ferries.

To date, from the reports posted here, the ticket books haven't been available at Dockyard, although they were sold there in recent years. You can buy them at the bus and ferry terminals in Hamilton (and some other locations on the island). Perhaps they'll start selling them at Dockyard by the time you get to Bermuda.

You might also want to ask the question about Celebrity's duty free prices on the Celebrity board.

I am confused. When you say "ticket book" do you mean the all (or 3) day pass? And I don't understand about them not selling it at the pier (which I thought they did, and even did right on Summit on at least one cruise). Would you then have to pay the single ticket price for the first ride before you're able to get the all day pass?

Check out this web site - it has a wealth of information on Bermuda - the passes are available at the dockyard but not at present the ticket books.

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000091.htm

I recently discovered this site and emailed the owner with some questions about my first time visit in the fall and he answered within 36 hours.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis

Edited by Urban trekker

Check out this web site - it has a wealth of information on Bermuda - the passes are available at the dockyard but not at present the ticket books.

Thanks. We're going to be there in 2 weeks for 3 days. I had a credit at a shore excursion site from my TA so I just booked a catamaran snorkel trip for the last day (the only day they had it for) so I'm thinking we should probably get a 2 day pass and just stay local to the pier on the 3rd day after we get back from the snorkeling, which will probably be around 1 (and the ship leaves at 4:30).

Edited by MisterBill99

I am confused. When you say "ticket book" do you mean the all (or 3) day pass? And I don't understand about them not selling it at the pier (which I thought they did, and even did right on Summit on at least one cruise). Would you then have to pay the single ticket price for the first ride before you're able to get the all day pass?

Transportation passes ( 1, 2, or 3 day unlimited use of buses and ferries) are different from the ticket books, which have 15 tickets each good for one bus or ferry ride. They have not always sold the ticket books at Dockyard...they did last year and the year before, but it appears as though they are not this year.

If you need to take just one ride you can buy a token for $4.

Transportation passes ( 1, 2, or 3 day unlimited use of buses and ferries) are different from the ticket books, which have 15 tickets each good for one bus or ferry ride. They have not always sold the ticket books at Dockyard...they did last year and the year before, but it appears as though they are not this year.

If you need to take just one ride you can buy a token for $4.

Thanks, I figured that out from the website that Urban trekker posted the link to.