Breakaway to Bermuda

Babygirl08

It is so interesting to read reactions to our Breakaway experience. First, I am not a "Royal Loyalist", as we travel on many of the big lines. We did more Royal and Celebrity for a good reason...we had better experiences. We love cruising, and have taken over 30. When we see a vastly different treatment for about the same price we share it. Yes, different strokes for different folks, and if you read back on CC reviews, there are many others who felt the same way. If you go on utube you can see the things I mentioned, like the tiny veranda.

I do not think that nastiness, (like claiming that if we had printed confirmations it would get us into the theatre when they had no record of it ) is helpful to those looking for honest information. We had the printout. It meant nothing. This is a fact, whether you like it or not. It was an inconvenience. It was not life changing but we were on vacation and had done our homework before hand. The staff was apologetic but we still had to start from scratch at the box office, as their ship computer did not share the online website info. The room tv did not allow us to put in the info. The soup was cool nightly. They took it to microwave. The staff was indeed indifferent on our trip. We did witness people falling forward in the theatre. I wish it were otherwise. I would have loved to have a vastly different experience.

The snarkiness here is unwarranted. If you don't have an open mind, perhaps this is the wrong forum for you?

The issue is that the OP asked a very specific question -- how was it staying at one port? And that seemed to be irrevelant to your review. Your review may have been better posted as a separate post on the boards.

Thanks to all for taking the time to post your experiences. It will be very helpful. I'm not sure I have ever seen such a one-sided thread on CC!

We have sailed the Wind, the Gem, and the Jewel. All great experiences so we have no reservations going with NCL. Also have 4 RCCL, 3 Princess, and 1 Carnival under our belt so we have seen a good variety and understand there are pluses and minuses in all sailings. Still, thanks for the insights NYCruiseQueen. We have a little one who will love the characters and ship activities so we see the vacation through her eyes these days. She doesn't much worry about cold food and she will love the cupcakes!

Besides the Bermuda Breakaway itinerary, all of the other options we considered this year include flying which we are just not feeling this year.

Again, thanks and Happy Sailing to all!

I hope you have an absolutely Wonderful time! Enjoy and relax. I learned here that people have loyalties and don't want to read negatives about what they loved. In the future, I am keeping my opinions to myself. They are, after all, just my opinions. Never intended to ruffle feathers. WOW! Lesson learned. Some day, do try a Celebrity...occasionally, they also go out of the area so no flying.

I love to cruise to Bermuda for that very reason. It is so relaxing to be able to spend almost 3 days in one port, without worrying about getting back to the ship on time. With the exception of the last day, of course.

Bermuda had so much to offer tourists, that the three days don't feel like enough.

I have never been on the Breakaway, because we live in Massachusetts. The Dawn out of Boston, is more convenient.

Ditto to all the posts that recommend/rave about sailing to Bermuda as a one port cruise. I've been there on the Dawn and the Breakaway and will be returning in August.

No hurries...no worries!! That's the gift of having so much time there for me. And...once your island day is done, you still have the Breakaway to fill your evening/night!

Have a terrific time!

I hope you have an absolutely Wonderful time! Enjoy and relax. I learned here that people have loyalties and don't want to read negatives about what they loved. In the future, I am keeping my opinions to myself. They are, after all, just my opinions. Never intended to ruffle feathers. WOW! Lesson learned. Some day, do try a Celebrity...occasionally, they also go out of the area so no flying.

Well bless your heart !

Thanks for your opinion and for trying NCL .:)

Bermuda is just lovely. It is clean and beautiful and very relaxing. There are many lines that go there with just Bermuda as the port...but the Breakaway? We tried it and swore Never Again! We are Diamond on RCCL, and Elite on Celebrity. I can tell you, I would rather do a Carnival than the Breakaway! The food is awful...it has slow and indifferent waiters, the hot food often comes out cool and they take it back and microwave it for you! People all around us complained that their dinner took over two to three hours because of terrible service. On line reservations are not forwarded to the ship so all our entertainment bookings were for nothing. We had to start all over at the box office. We could not do it from the so-called interactive tv in the room. The verandas were the tiniest in the industry. You should go onto utube and check that out. The entertainment was poor, with the worst cruise director and staff we gave ever seen. Those 27 restaurants? Forget it! They have tiny hot dog cart...a restaurant? I think not! They sell cupcakes.. That is not a restaurant , and where they sell specialty coffee...to add insult to everyone, you must also buy a cookie to go with it...they give you nothing to accompany your coffee for free! Outrageous! All the specialty restaurants are for fee and I think people went to try to get a decent meal.you are nickel and dimed everywhere. Pay more for the Haven? Heck, just get a different ship and be treated well!

The theatre has steep stairs and three nights we witnessed women and men fall over forwards as they tried to go down to a seat. Their comedy club has few shows and they were awful. One afternoon we went to the pub for lunch. They messed up our order, slapped down the plates and we could not get a waiter for over 20 minutes. The Italian specialty restaurant was terrible, from the soft crusted soggy bread to cool soup and chewy calamari. Do yourself a favor and look into another line to Bermuda. The only big thing about the Breakaway is the number of cabins and therefore the crush of people., and if you live in the tri-state area, you don't have to fly, but other lines do this too. Also look at cruises from Bayonne, NJ to Bermuda!

Did you at least like your blankie"?