Is the senior discount offered very often?

Much to her disliking DS is now over 55! Also, we live in Kentucky anyone ever see a discount for that state?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you Google "carnival cruise age 55+ discount" about the third listing is a cruise website that has an ongoing list of both. You will have to register to see them, but in my experience, I haven't had any problem with doing so. Once you register, you can fill in which discounts you qualify for or want to see, such as age and state, and the lists you will see going forward will be tailored to those discounts. Additionally, there is a listing for the 55+ rates on the left side of the page.

I've seen the "Old Timers" discount a number of times, but it seems that some other discount always trumps it. I qualify for the military, senior, Florida State Resident, and almost any other discount that you can think of. As noted above, when looking at prices, there is a place to enter all the discounts that you might qualify for, and then the prices for the best ones will come up.

Good luck, and see you aboard! :cool:

"SKY"

I've seen the "Old Timers" discount a number of times, but it seems that some other discount always trumps it. I qualify for the military, senior, Florida State Resident, and almost any other discount that you can think of. As noted above, when looking at prices, there is a place to enter all the discounts that you might qualify for, and then the prices for the best ones will come up.

Good luck, and see you aboard! :cool:

"SKY"

Much to her disliking DS is now over 55! Also, we live in Kentucky anyone ever see a discount for that state?

Greetings from Kentucky.

I regularly see Kentucky listed for a special rate. And the senior rate shows up once in awhile.

The best rate is Early Saver, which is listed up to 5 months prior to a sailing (7 days or more). If you then find a senior or regional rate for your cabin, you can price match to it by submitting a form.

Early Saver has several qualifications and conditions, but if you understand them and they fit your booking plans, it can be a very effective way to cruise with a discount.

The other discount that is attractive for many is the Shareholder Credit. Owners of 100 or more shares of CarnivalCorp. can receive onboard credits that vary with the length of your cruise. Example: A 7 day intinerary will net you a $100. onboard credit.

Thank you ever so much for your military service "Sky"

THANK YOU! I'm a Vietnam Vet, and I have been thanked for my service more, in the last 2 or 3 years, than in the 45 years or so, prior. I wouldn't go so far as to say "it was a pleasure", but I wouldn't hesitate for a second, to do it all again. Freedom is NOT FREE! ;)

"SKY"

I'm from California, no discounts on to ....yet!

However, I did get a "Senior" discount of $50/cabin last week. At the same time I had submitted another discount (Save From Florida And Save), same $50 reduction.

I only received the Senior discount on our cabin. BTW, the promo was listed in morning, by evening it was gone...I was surprised how quickly they took the Senior Discount off the page.

I check 2 times daily.:)