Auto gratuity = less than stellar service?

You people seem to want to make a point that the crew knows when so called auto tips are removed.WHO CARES THAT THEY KNOW.I SPEND MY MONEY AS I PLEASE.And tip the way i want.I don't need Royal to decide for me who to tip.:)

+1 i was told i would go to hell for not pre tipping. lol

They want EVERYONE to get "paid" cause it is divided between all the staff, not just one person. They send this money back to their families that they are away from for so long. I usually tip my steward at the beginning, and tell them any special things i like ( ie i like towel animals EVERY NIGHT, I like my bed turned down, not just made, I like 6 towels in my bathroom, and extra TP) Thats all.

I think everything has gone downhill but I don't know whether it has to do with the implementation of auto-gratuities or the staff cutbacks. The dining room servers are running around and rushing to take orders, same with cabin attendants. I think they all have more passengers to attend to than in prior years and the implemented auto tip policy motivates them to do the bare minimum, so that nobody removes the gratuity that they already know is coming.

The current tipping policy makes me angry anyways. I have no problem giving the staff the recommended amounts or more, but don't call it a gratuity if it is required to be paid. It is a glorified service charge. They need to call it a service charge and for those of us that choose to provide additional, the additional can be called a "tip" or "gratuity." But that's another topic :eek:.

Emperor this is funny ,but also sad. Try not to worry about what the Royal Caribbean cheer leaders say.Spend your money as you see fit.:)

agreed, as for poncho tell him it takes all of 5min to remove your tips from the on board account. Since the tip police care so much , why not demand Royal pays them a fair wage?

agreed, as for poncho tell him it takes all of 5min to remove your tips from the on board account. Since the tip police care so much , why not demand Royal pays them a fair wage?

I wonder what sort of revolt there would be on this forum if OBC could no longer be used for gratuities. I think a lot of people get OBC and use that to pay tips so it doesn't come out of their pocket. Those are the ones who complain the loudest about people removing tips, or so it seems. You won't find it in the same posts but read the forum long enough and you'll see the pattern...

I wonder what sort of revolt there would be on this forum if OBC could no longer be used for gratuities. I think a lot of people get OBC and use that to pay tips so it doesn't come out of their pocket. Those are the ones who complain the loudest about people removing tips, or so it seems. You won't find it in the same posts but read the forum long enough and you'll see the pattern...

i think they do use the obc which is odd to me since they are on such a high horse

i think they do use the obc which is odd to me since they are on such a high horse

What is the difference if one uses OBC for tips or excursions or drinks or T-shirts? I don't see why it would be important to use OBC for tips. There's always plenty to use it up on during the cruise. No high horse here, I just don't get what's the big deal.

I don't really like prepaying gratuities, but I have to admit its money we would spend anyway and the 2 months interest is pennies so not a big deal. The amount they collect for prepaid is, IMO, about half what should be paid anyway so we always get to tip depending on service as well. I used to be more against it, but i figured I was being a little petty since for a 7 day cruise it's less than 8% of the base cruise cost. So paying now or later doesn't make any difference to me.

Tom

I suppose the other thread was deleted for honesty. Not sure why the conspricy cover up however in light of all the generosity, and the lack of service as tips are automatic, i do not see a need to tip anymore. I will stop cruising on ay line it is all mandatory up front as in MTD. Now if they want to increase the trip fare to pay the staff ,i have no problem, but tipping on top of tipping, no sir

Seriously... I know 9 year old girls who troll better than this. Get a new gig.