Breakaway Easter 2015 - Weather

Hello All,

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of sailing late March/early April. I'm considering the Breakaway - Bahamas cruise, and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what the weather might be like in NYC, At Sea, Florida and The Bahamas. I've had a look online, at historical data, but I was wondering if anyone has cruised this period before and whether it will be warm enough to enjoy everything the ship has to offer.

Thanks in advance.

You are probably not using the pool until day 2. That has been reported even on winter cruises so that is actually a good sign

Unfortunately this past early April Florida experienced some very wet weather. I was there for what might have been the only really nice week April in Florida had to offer April 21 28

I heard the early week or 2 had lots if rain but I could be mistaken

Nassau IMHO will be great weather as per my experience

Gsc may or may not happen. We got there late April 2011 but recall hearing that several cruises prior did not make it due to tendering and the issues with waves

So it is basically a crapshoot but since you are probably tied to Easter time anyway I would say just go and it will be an incredible vacation

The only other advice I can offer is to fly to Florida and take a cruise from there that goes further into the Carib where the potential for great weather increases tenfold starting with day 1

Edited by Crusin6

Seeing as Easter is one of those holidays that fluctuates each year, be it late March, early April or late April, the weather is all over the place.

We just had one of the worst winters in NY in a decade, and it felt like it was never going to end. It began at Christmas and went straight through until early April - Easter was late this year.

It's a crap shoot... it's usually either cold or rainy that time of year - but then you could get a spectacular spring day. But as others have said, it may be a day or more into your cruise before you really feel the warmth.