Food and beverage question

yayvacation!

I'd like to think I'm a somewhat seasoned cruiser, but I've been asked 2 questions by my fellow cruisers that I can't seem to answer.

1. Can anyone recall chicken wings being available onboard?

2. Other than the elite breakfast (probably won't go since my cruising companions aren't elite) where is the best bar to get a morning mimosa?

3. Has anyone in a RS been able to get the butler to bring a mimosa using the premium beverage package? (i know mimosa delivery isn't included in room service, but maybe some butlers just bring it up anyway?)

Sailing the summit if that helps any!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd like to think I'm a somewhat seasoned cruiser, but I've been asked 2 questions by my fellow cruisers that I can't seem to answer.

2. Other than the elite breakfast (probably won't go since my cruising companions aren't elite) where is the best bar to get a morning mimosa?

3. Has anyone in a RS been able to get the butler to bring a mimosa using the premium beverage package? (i know mimosa delivery isn't included in room service, but maybe some butlers just bring it up anyway?)

Thanks!

You can probably get a mimosa in the buffet area...

OUtside of dining venues, the pool bar is usually the first bar to open, around 9am. I usually have a Bloody Caesar if I'm drinking that early, but I would imagine they can serve a mimosa.

Thanks!

I've never seen chicken wings on any Celebrity ship I've sailed, but then again, I've never been on a mission to seek them out. :rolleyes:

We're traveling with my brother and his wife and have on several occasions. They are not Elite, but that has never prevented me from attending the Elite Breakfast for my morning bloody mary or the evening Happy Hour from 5-7. They've found other things to do on the ship during those times.

I would go and get your morning mimosa at the Elite Breakfast, have a nice continental breakfast, and meet up with them at a later designated time.

I've never seen chicken wings on any Celebrity ship I've sailed, but then again, I've never been on a mission to seek them out. :rolleyes:

We're traveling with my brother and his wife and have on several occasions. They are not Elite, but that has never prevented me from attending the Elite Breakfast for my morning bloody mary or the evening Happy Hour from 5-7. They've found other things to do on the ship during those times.

I would go and get your morning mimosa at the Elite Breakfast, have a nice continental breakfast, and meet up with them at a later designated time.

Exactly why I asked about the Chicken Wings - they are a favorite of my dad's and I've never sought them out either.

And no, I'm not leaving my parents on a vacation I'm taking them on so I can go eat a muffin with the Elites or go to the crowded happy hour. I'd rather see my parents for the entire time we are on vacation together.

Exactly why I asked about the Chicken Wings - they are a favorite of my dad's and I've never sought them out either.

And no, I'm not leaving my parents on a vacation I'm taking them on so I can go eat a muffin with the Elites or go to the crowded happy hour. I'd rather see my parents for the entire time we are on vacation together.

You can take your parents to the Café al Bacio at 7am. It's a nice setting on the M-Class. You can have your mimosas and even a freshly baked muffin with your parents without having to be bothered with the "Elites."

Since you are in a RS, you can also ask your butler to bring you wings in place of the normal canapés they serve in the afternoon. Don't know if they carry wings on board, but you can always ask.

You can take your parents to the Café al Bacio at 7am. It's a nice setting on the M-Class. You can have your mimosas and even a freshly baked muffin with your parents without having to be bothered with the "Elites."

Since you are in a RS, you can also ask your butler to bring you wings in place of the normal canapés they serve in the afternoon. Don't know if they carry wings on board, but you can always ask.

Or I can have my butler set a white linen table and bring me fresh breakfast. Also I am an Elite so saying I"m "bothered" by them is a little off. :rolleyes:

I think maybe you missed my whole point of asking about mimosas.

Edited by yayvacation!

Cafe al Bacio on Deck 5 and the Sunset Bar on Deck 10 both open at 7 AM! :D

Totally forgot about Cafe il Bacio! We've been to the Sunset Bar in the early morning but I didn't realize it was open at 7am; seems like we've been there around 9 and they were still setting up.

Edited by waterbug123

Or I can have my butler set a white linen table and bring me fresh breakfast. Also I am an Elite so saying I"m "bothered" by them is a little off. :rolleyes:

I think maybe you missed my whole point of asking about mimosas.

Didn't miss a thing. :rolleyes:

Have never seen chicken wings on Summit. They did have rotisserie chicken a couple of times in the Ocean View which had chicken wings as part of the selection - and I realize that isn't the same things as delicious meaty wings!!.

Didn't miss a thing. :rolleyes:

Then why be so rude to me? I don't share your position that my family can be left while I go mingle and I'm wrong?

I say you clearly missed something because my original post was asking about where I could get a mimosa without going to the Elite breakfast. You managed to turn that into my needing to dismiss my family, then go eat muffins with them somewhere?

I feel so lucky I get to meet you on our cruise in a few days. :rolleyes:

They used to have them on the room service menu, but now they have chicken skewers instead. Disappointing, I think each of my kids gained a few pounds based on the wings alone a few years ago.

Have never seen chicken wings on Summit. They did have rotisserie chicken a couple of times in the Ocean View which had chicken wings as part of the selection - and I realize that isn't the same things as delicious meaty wings!!.

haha exactly! The man loves his chicken wings.... :)

Then why be so rude to me? I don't share your position that my family can be left while I go mingle and I'm wrong?

I say you clearly missed something because my original post was asking about where I could get a mimosa without going to the Elite breakfast. You managed to turn that into my needing to dismiss my family, then go eat muffins with them somewhere?

I feel so lucky I get to meet you on our cruise in a few days. :rolleyes:

Not being rude. You're the one who said you couldn't leave your parents to go eat a muffin with some Elites. I could care less.

I just provided some suggestions with no intention to dismiss your family. You just seemed to take it that way. Maybe you need a vacation. :D

Looking forward to meeting you, too. You sound like a fun person to cruise with. ;)

Thanks!

You do get a bottle of champagne, for the frist day or two, you could make your own at breakfast :)

You migth also be able to arange something through Michaels to get it delivered through your butler. Between the package and Michaels, I think you SHOULD be able to!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled