Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

I'm up half a pound today but it's almost TOM so that doesn't surprise me. I was thirsty all day yesterday too. Too much allergy medicine required this time of year. They are taking in the fields all around our house and I can't even open up the windows to enjoy this nice weather. Personally I can't wait until we have a good freeze.

Tami

Ok, :confused: It says I posted but I can't find it. Sorry if it eventually shows up again!

I'm up 1/2 pound due to TOM but still hanging in there and doing well. I've done at least 20 minutes of yoga or 30 minutes of walking or 60 minutes of biking every day this week. Today is a yoga day and I plan to do AM Yoga from Rodney Yee. It really works the hips which is what I need right now. I'm very tight.

Tami

I didn't make it to my actual weigh-in last night, but according to my scales I was up yesterday morning by 5 pounds. Then this morning I was back down to where I had been last week! I know I am not supposed to get hung up on what the scales say, but it is very frustrating. Does anyone else fluctuate that much day to day? I can fluctuate as much as 5 pounds from the morning to night, and from one day to the next.

I think tomorrow I am going to do my weigh-in, measurements and pictures. I will continue with my weekly weigh-ins at WW, but I am only going to be concerned with my monthly weigh-ins at home - hopefully it will be less discouraging!

Have a great weekend everyone!

I am back. I went to Southern California to visit my DD, SIL and two beautiful grandchildren. I was only half good on my diet. Lost 3/4 of a pound in two weeks. We did go to Disneyland and I walked ALOT. Now to get back on track. My scales are up two pounds today from weigh in on thursday. go figure??:confused:

Have a good weekend all and keep your spirits up. The weight will come off.

Connie

I have given up trying to figure out the scales - I am back down this morning - and down 2 pounds from where I was 2 weeks ago! This despite the fact that I haven't really been doing anything better!

I borrowed a book on the South Beach Diet. Has anyone tried this? It sounds interesting and makes sense to me. I won't be starting it this week though because I am going out of town this weekend, and for the first 2 weeks you have to cut out all sorts of stuff, and I know I won't be able stick to that when I am not at home!

blueeyed_cdn- The scales bounce all around for me too. If I work out alot during the week they can go up and down alot. Frustrating for sure. I try keeping my measurements in mind and take them once a month. That helps me more than the scale although I still freak out. Hormones play a big roll too.

As for SB I love it! I've been playing around for a while now due to some ostomy issues but I went back to it starting yesterday. My doc finally got me straightened out so I can do it without worrying about ostomy drama every day. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months on SB and it wasn't hard at all. I had been on atkins for a few weeks so I skipped right to phase 2. It would have been so much easier to do phase 1 because I like beans and eat them several times a week. I think giving up beans was harder than bread and sugar.:rolleyes: There were things I really liked about atkins though, so I tend to do a hybrid of the two. I know one thing. I could always tell when my fat content of what I was eating got too low because my weightloss would stop.

Overall, I think that, especially in the early stages SB is easier to maintain. Once you get closer to maintenance they are very similar. Atkins just allows more saturated fats. Both rely on whole unprocessed foods for the basis of the WOE.

Tami

Tami:

Thanks for the encouragement and the info on SB. I am excited to try it. If nothing else it should give me a good "kick start" to get back OP.

It's funny how even though we know we shouldn't feak out about what the scales say, we still do! Hard lesson to learn!

I know what you mean! I even picked up a copy of SB on CD yesterday while I was at the library so I can get reinspired. I need to read that and then re-read Dr. Phil. Love him or hate him, but in the weightloss thing he really speaks to me. Especially the part about putting yourself on project status.

Tami

Well, I'm still losing but nowhere near my starting pace.:(

I'm down from 335 at the start of our pledge to 272 now.;)

Down 63 pounds, 37 pounds to go.:eek:

Reggie:D

That's great Reggie, good job!! I am so jealous! And you're just basically eating no carbs? Do you have some kind of exercise program also?

Congratulations Reggie!

Tami - good luck getting reinspired! I am hoping to do that next week - but try not to take advantage too much of the weekend! I have a Dr. Phil book (something about successful weight loss - can you tell I haven't read it in a while). It's kind of weird - I keep avoiding picking it up and reading because I am kind of scared it will work! How weird is that!?

Congratulations Reggie!

Tami - good luck getting reinspired! I am hoping to do that next week - but try not to take advantage too much of the weekend! I have a Dr. Phil book (something about successful weight loss - can you tell I haven't read it in a while). It's kind of weird - I keep avoiding picking it up and reading because I am kind of scared it will work! How weird is that!?

I know exactly what you mean. It DOES work though. I used it in combination with southbeach when I lost my first 30. SB helped me lose the weight and get my blood chemistry in order. Dr Phil's book helped me keep on SB (although his diet is a glycemic index diet too.) I did really well but got off track with the whole Grandma drama. Since then I've been using that as an excuse. No more though. I'm done with being tired, out of shape and cranky. I spent my 20's and 30's that way. My 40's are going to be different!

I've got a copy of Dr. Phil's book, but I'm seriously thinking about getting it on CD from the library after I'm done with South Beach. I have a very hard time finding time to read right now but I can listen while I'm exercising or driving. Besides, I need to feel like Dr. Phil is yelling directly at me.:D

I'm doing really well in the exercise department though. I've exercised every day this week. On Wed I did 35 minutes on the bike and then a "Muscle Eats Fat" Pilates DVD. Yesterday I rode the bike for 60 minutes while listening to SB on Cd. I'm not even sore today so that tells me I'm making progress.

Reggie- Fabulous job! You're my inspiration!:D

Tami

Reggie- Fabulous job! You're my inspiration!:D

Tami

It's definitely a big bonus if I can help someone else

stay on track because of my progress.

I think that's a big part of my success, sharing my progress

and getting so much support from everyone.;)

Tbag124, I'm just keeping my carb intake as low as possible,

the few carbs I do eat come from the veggies I eat every day.

Brocoli, cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus, spinach and sauerkraut.

I'm not really exercising much more than I was a few months ago before

starting my diet. Dropping those 63 pounds sure does make it easier to

get around though.

I'm planning on being much more active while on my upcoming cruise.

Thanks again to everyones encouragement and support.:)

If I can do it anyone can.:rolleyes:

It's definitely a big bonus if I can help someone else

stay on track because of my progress.

I think that's a big part of my success, sharing my progress

and getting so much support from everyone.;)

Tbag124, I'm just keeping my carb intake as low as possible,

the few carbs I do eat come from the veggies I eat every day.

Brocoli, cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus, spinach and sauerkraut.

I'm not really exercising much more than I was a few months ago before

starting my diet. Dropping those 63 pounds sure does make it easier to

get around though.

I'm planning on being much more active while on my upcoming cruise.

Thanks again to everyones encouragement and support.:)

If I can do it anyone can.:rolleyes:

That's great!! You're doing wonderful and are definitely an inspiration to me! I really gotta cut out the carbs!! and get back to the gym!! I am trying, but as everyone knows, it's tough!!

Tami - I am with you on sticking to this! We can do it! Good job on the workouts, I haven't been to the gym in a couple of weeks, but I am going to get back to it next week. So I am hoping with the combination of SB and the gym I will start to see some good results! I am also tired of being overweight - it is time for a change!

Reggie - you have done so well you must be so proud of yourself!

tbag124 - It is tough getting back to the gym! I usually start out with "lower" exercise goals and work up. I am happy if I get to the gym 3 days a week. My ultimate goal is for 5, but I find that daunting in the beginning, so I start small. Besides, 3 days is better than I am doing now!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

Reggie - you have done so well you must be so proud of yourself!

In a way yes, but it's tempered by how long it

took me to finally get started.

That was the tough part.

It's a lot easier to stay with the program than

it is to get started.;)

I'm now down 65 pounds.

It seems like the pace is picking up again.

I was beginning to get upset after losing so much so quickly.

I'm back on track now and have my second wind.;)

Everyone keep up the great work.

There will be an obstacle every now and then,

but we can work through them to reach our goal.

Good job Connie & Reggie! You are both doing so well.

Reggie, I agree, it seems harder to get OP than to stay OP! I keep finding excuses not to start SB - for instance I am going away again this weekend!

But, I am making a commitment to myself (in front of you all) that I will start the SB diet tomorrow. If I go off it on the weekend, well I will just add another week to the 2 week start up!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Heather.

Good job Connie & Reggie! You are both doing so well.

Reggie, I agree, it seems harder to get OP than to stay OP! I keep finding excuses not to start SB - for instance I am going away again this weekend!

But, I am making a commitment to myself (in front of you all) that I will start the SB diet tomorrow. If I go off it on the weekend, well I will just add another week to the 2 week start up!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Heather.

Heather- We really do have to stick to this. What's the option? Getting fatter, more out of shape and feeling worse are simply not an option I'm willing to choose. I also can't choose surgery because I have crohn's. So, for me sticking with it IS the ONLY option I have.

AS for SB. It is very easy to travel with even on phase 1. You can pick up eggs, salads and grilled meats even at fast food restaurants. I've also been known to travel with a cooler of acceptable treats and snacks. If you start SB RIGHT NOW you'll have gotten past the cravings by the weekend and that will be a big bonus for you. Really once you get past the first 2 days the cravings are gone.

Tami

Tami - thanks for the encouragement! Your posts are always so encouraging, and you are right, there are no options!

I didn't start SB today because I wasn't prepared. But I am going to go grocery shopping tonight and pick up the things I need.

Have a good week everyone!

Heather.

Hi HEather- Hopefully you got started on Phase 1 today. I've been craving sugar like a fool the last 2 days so I started back on it too. I'll probably only do a few days to cut the cravings but it is needed. Keep me posted on how you're doing.

I got my exercise time in yesterday. I started a new schedule with the kids and have an hour blocked out where they can't interrupt me unless there's lots of blood, unconsiousness, protruding bones, fire or strangers in the driveway. So far so good because I got 45 minutes on the bike yesterday without hearing any tattling or fighting.:D We'll see how today goes.

Tami

Things I use to stop the sugar cravings.

3-4 Tricuit crackers (new flavors available) and a slice of cheese, either

hot pepper or mozzarella

Sugar Free Jello

Sugar Free Pudding

10-12 Pistachios

I realize these are not all SB friendly for phases 1 and 2, but a little help to get past a craving keeps you on course better than giving in to the craving for sugar.

Tami - I did get started on SB today, and so far so good (although I have only been awake for 3 1/2 hours! But, I am getting excited and hopeful I will see results. And tomorrow morning I will get up at 5:00 and head to the gym. Good for you for getting your exercise in - it must be difficult with kids! I don't even have that as an excuse and it is difficult!

Dan - thanks for the great tips, and they certainly are better than giving in to the craving! I am hopeful the 2 weeks won't be too bad! Maybe I am dreaming!

Heather.

Tami - I did get started on SB today, and so far so good (although I have only been awake for 3 1/2 hours! But, I am getting excited and hopeful I will see results. And tomorrow morning I will get up at 5:00 and head to the gym. Good for you for getting your exercise in - it must be difficult with kids! I don't even have that as an excuse and it is difficult!

Dan - thanks for the great tips, and they certainly are better than giving in to the craving! I am hopeful the 2 weeks won't be too bad! Maybe I am dreaming!

Heather.

Archived