I could call Canival for my answe's but I would ask my friends on Cuise Critic.

Jeffrey1950

A few days before I leave - about 2 or 3 days prior. My last two cruises I did FTTF so I got in line about 11am. You can use your onboard credit towards your tips. I normally pre-pay mine but my next cruise, I won't since I have an onboard credit.

You can do your online checkin at any time, but it must be done at least a couple of days before you cruise. I do mine as soon as possible--you can edit if things change. I print my boarding passes as soon as my cruise is paid in full, but that's just because I like to have them in my hand :D

I've already checked in 5 months before my cruise. I'll print out my boarding pass after final payment. I'll print out my hotel reservations and airline summary at the same time. But I already have a folder started!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always print mine about a week before we sail in case of any last minute on board credit. I pay our gratuities before we sail. I also have a folder with all of our documents (air, hotel, shuttle, cruise, cruise cash certificates etc) but after this last cruise will be making 2 folders since I somehow lost it between our first hotel before flying out and so had none of my documents!!!! I have no idea how I did that. Fortunately the hotel at the embark port let me print my boarding pass. Yikes!

We do online check in right after we obtain airfare and have booked the cruise. We print our "Boarding Passes" as soon as they are available and the cruise is paid. If any information changes, I just edit it and reprint the docs etc. But at least you know it is all done and in hand. There have been some horror stories where people run out of ink at the last minute, or computer breaks down and they can't print....so my MO is to do it as soon as I can, print everything out and then put it in a folder with all my other cruise info. "Better safe than sorry!"

I start a notebook with page protectors the day I book our cruise. Then print and add each thing as it's available or I do. Excursions, hotels, all the cruise documents, copies of passports, interesting things that we might do at various ports - everything printed out in one place. Then I add to the notebook as we are on our cruise. Keep all the Fun Times, receipts, any pictures we might purchase, postcards, etc. in it so when I'm home it's all together. Not a "seasoned" cruiser but this is our 4th but I've got my books from the others and just feel comfortable doing this. I do use the flexible 1" folder which fits with no problem in my tote that I use as a purse.

There have been some horror stories where people run out of ink at the last minute, or computer breaks down and they can't print....

This happened to us once. :eek: No biggie! Since we DID complete the online check-in, there was no delay with our boarding. :)

I DO NOT recommend this, but if it does occur... don't freak it. No worries mon! U r on vacation! :D:D

I leave on the Ecstasy in 2 weeks.... have NOT printed my boarding pass. I know, I know... the horror! LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by 305diva

I used to print them months in advance. Until last cruise we kept getting price reductions and changing cabins. I wasted a lot of ink and paper re-doing them about three or four times. From now on I won't print them until the day before we drive to the port.

How far in advance do you pint out your Boarding Pass. When exactly do you check in on line? I have an on line credit can I use that towards my tips?

Thanking you in advance!

I check in online as soon as I have my travel plans finalized and booked. Since you need to enter your pre-cruise information such as flight numbers and times, you'll need that information to complete the check-in. I print out my boarding pass as soon as I complete the online check-in. I usually wait to print and laminate my luggage tags though because the upsell fairy might call and there is a chance the cabin number could change on the luggage tag.

How far in advance do you pint out your Boarding Pass. When exactly do you check in on line? I have an on line credit can I use that towards my tips?

Thanking you in advance!

About five days, but not more than 7 days before departure. I do frequently check my booking on "My Cruise Manager" on Carnival just to make sure everything is up to date and correct. If anything is not correct, a quick phone call to our PVP is all it takes to get things corrected.

I do mine as soon as possible.

If for nothing else, to avoid any potential computer or printer problems.

My reasons for printing early too, plus I also like to start a folder and add things as I think of them.

Alas, remember the days of the doc dance??? A trip to the mailbox brought such anticipation for a thick envelope with colorful luggage tags!

We miss that too. Our TA always use to set up a date and time at a restaurant and our group would meet with her and her husband, have dinner, then get our documents in that blue envelope. It was a part of the cruise that we always looked forward to. Now it's print your own and make your own TV dinner!

I always print mine about a week before we sail in case of any last minute on board credit. I pay our gratuities before we sail. I also have a folder with all of our documents (air, hotel, shuttle, cruise, cruise cash certificates etc) but after this last cruise will be making 2 folders since I somehow lost it between our first hotel before flying out and so had none of my documents!!!! I have no idea how I did that. Fortunately the hotel at the embark port let me print my boarding pass. Yikes!

I printed out the boarding passes and luggage tags before I got onboard credit. Now each member of my party has onboard credit. Do I need to reprint? This is my first cruise. I didn't know OBC showed up on boarding material.

Alas, remember the days of the doc dance??? A trip to the mailbox brought such anticipation for a thick envelope with colorful luggage tags!

I was just thinking the same thing. I loved those thick blue envelopes with the colorful luggage tags. I loved reading them over and over again so I could learn everything about my trip before I went. I still have a few as momentos from years past. I still get excited but it just isn't the same. I am leaving for cruise #13 or #14 this week and this will be my first without my husband who died three months ago. It will be different but somehow enough the same to bring about some happy memories.

I was just thinking the same thing. I loved those thick blue envelopes with the colorful luggage tags. I loved reading them over and over again so I could learn everything about my trip before I went. I still have a few as momentos from years past. I still get excited but it just isn't the same. I am leaving for cruise #13 or #14 this week and this will be my first without my husband who died three months ago. It will be different but somehow enough the same to bring about some happy memories.

So sorry for your loss. I know he wants you to have a fabulous time! Your memories with him will travel safely with you. Bon voyage!