Is cabin 4020 better than obstructed view on Quest?

lizboyle

I booked an ocean view obstructed guarantee and have been allocated cabin 4020. I would have been happy with an obstructed view but I'm not so sure about 4020 as it seems a bit too close to the water for me. Is it possible that nearer the time - we're sailing July 27 - we might be upgraded once again? Grateful for any comments.

I booked an ocean view obstructed guarantee and have been allocated cabin 4020. I would have been happy with an obstructed view but I'm not so sure about 4020 as it seems a bit too close to the water for me. Is it possible that nearer the time - we're sailing July 27 - we might be upgraded once again? Grateful for any comments.

I don't know this cabin 4020, but we did have an obstructed cabin on Journey on deck 6 ( I think maybe 6036) it was the most obstructed cabin we have ever had, so I think I would definitely settle for deck 4.

Our cabin was very small, but it was also very quiet.

The obstructed view cabins are the smallest on the ship, other than crew quarters. The cabins on deck 4 are the same size as the balcony cabins minus the balcony. I would keep 4020.

"A bit too close to the water" - too close for what? The lower the deck, the less you will feel the motion of the ocean.:)

The obstructed view cabins are the smallest on the ship, other than crew quarters. The cabins on deck 4 are the same size as the balcony cabins minus the balcony. I would keep 4020.

"A bit too close to the water" - too close for what? The lower the deck, the less you will feel the motion of the ocean.:)

I do realise less motion in the ocean lower down but all 25 cruises I've taken I've never been as low down. First time on azamara and a small ship so maybe I'm worrying too much. Thank you for your reply.

I do realise less motion in the ocean lower down but all 25 cruises I've taken I've never been as low down. First time on azamara and a small ship so maybe I'm worrying too much. Thank you for your reply.

If you could explain exactly what you are worried about, some of us who are frequent Azamara cruisers could address it. (I mean this in a friendly, not a sarcastic, way:).)

I think you are worrying far too much, as the cabins on deck 4 are fine. As other people have said the cabins are bigger than the obstructed view cabins. They are convenient for Guest Relations, Future Cruise Sales, Land Discoveries and the Concierge.

I travel as a single passenger, so the dimension of the cabin is not a major factor for me, but it could be for two sharing.

On two separate occasions on Quest, I was upgraded from an inside to an obstructed view cabin and both cabins were greatly obstructed and very dark.

On my last cruise I had a cabin on deck 3, the lowest passenger deck. It was the same size as those on the upper decks, with just a porthole, not a picture window. As we had a couple of days with rough seas, I was very grateful to be in the calmest part of the ship.

You will love Azamara, as the on board experience is second to none.

On one cruise we were upgraded to 4042 and were initially worried to be in the bowels of the ship, but it turns out we loved the location. The cabin was the normal size and had a large window, deck 4 was very quiet, Guest Relations is nearby, as is the Concierge and the Land Discoveries Desk, and Mosaics is only one flight up for coffee. You are not so close to the water that waves crash into the window, yet close enough to have great views.

I think you'll be very happy with this cabin versus a much smaller obstructed view cabin on deck 6, we certainly were.

If you could explain exactly what you are worried about, some of us who are frequent Azamara cruisers could address it. (I mean this in a friendly, not a sarcastic, way:).)

We went transatlantic on Oceania many years ago and as we were low down we felt the waves batter off the ship. Scared me :(

We went transatlantic on Oceania many years ago and as we were low down we felt the waves batter off the ship. Scared me :(

I understand, but I think that would be cool! But maybe not for more than a day or two. First trip on the Quest we encountered force 8 trailing gales and froth went over our balcony on deck 7. Enjoyed Mother Nature's display that night. I am on deck 4 on the upcoming Journey Baltic cruise and very satisfied. Hope I get at least a little wave slap!:)

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

I understand' date=' but I think that would be cool! But maybe not for more than a day or two. First trip on the Quest we encountered force 8 trailing gales and froth went over our balcony on deck 7. Enjoyed Mother Nature's display that night. I am on deck 4 on the upcoming Journey Baltic cruise and very satisfied. Hope I get at least a little wave slap!:)[/quote']

Omg! << rolls eyes in horror >>. Let's just hope for smooth waters.

Hi

We stayed in 4020 on Journey in 2008. It was a great room, near to the medical facility but we never heard a thing. It is way above sea level. Never had waves anywhere near.

Would book it again any time.

Enjoy:)

Lynne

Hi

We stayed in 4020 on Journey in 2008. It was a great room, near to the medical facility but we never heard a thing. It is way above sea level. Never had waves anywhere near.

Would book it again any time.

Enjoy:)

Lynne

Thank you so much.

Have you tried calling Azamara and ask if another cabin more mid ship in the same cat is open? You will not be asking for a upgrade but just to change cabins.

No I haven't. Given the problems re Guatemala I have read about on here, I'll give that a miss. Also, most people report that once allocated it's impossible to be changed. I'm just going to stick with 4020 and if the price of a balcony comes down I may upgrade nearer the time.