On the oasis comparing to the Allure

Last year at this time we sailed on the Allure now were on the Oasis and if thought I would give a quick comparison.

Cabin.

Were in a Junior suite one deck up from last year on deck 8. Identical in every way. A quick hint don't book a cabin on deck 7 like we did last year, At least mid ship. Due to the entrance to Boardwalk you cannot go from Starboard to port side to easily from the aft elevators. If your on the Starboard side you better make sure your on the starboard side elevator or you have to do a circle around the deck to get on the correct side of the ship, something to consider when booking.

Food

We ate mostly in the MDR. We found the dining room on the Allure a little bit better run, but the food to be better on the Oasis. Everything came out at the correct temperture, and honestly it tasted pretty good. Remember I'm a steak and potato guy with a very simple palate and very easy to please. Both ships we were in and out of the dining room at about a hour with My time dining. My only complaint on the Oasis after the second night we requested Peter as our waiter and at times they found it tough to accommodate on the Allure no such problem.

Windjammer.

We ate a few breakfasts and a couple of lunches at the Jammer with little problem. I liked the fact that they seat you so no trolling for tables and never waited more than five minutes in line. Then again we never ate at peak times. The food was always hot and varied. I found the burgers greatly improved this trip maybe because they cook them and serve them quicker so their fresher. Whatever the reason we enjoyed them.

Park Cafe.

Enjoyed a few lunches and one breakfast. Found the roast beef sandwiches good but quite Salty. My wife and daughter had the salads and panini. Only one problem we waited for close to 20 minutes for a Panini to come out and it was stone cold.

We did not eat at any specialty restaurants so nothing to say in that regard.

Will continue later time to shower for sadly my last dinner on the Oasis.

Edited by smeck