Good places to buy cigars - Western

fraternal

My husband doesn't smoke cigars but quit cigs and wanted to try one. He got a really good Cuban cigar in Cozumel then the next year he got one that wasn't as good. Your husband probably knows what to look for. Coz sells Cuban cigars many places.

My husband likes cigars. Does anyone have recommendations in Labadee, Falmouth or Cozumel to buy good cigars?

One one of our cruises, a friend from Canada bought his Cuban cigars in Cozumel. He sent them home to Canada. You CAN NOT bring Cuban cigars into the states. :o They can not fly over nor be transported through!

On that same cruise the CD the last night had a smoke till you drop on the top deck! :p Anyone they even had suspicions that they had cigars were detained in customs! :eek:

IF you live in the states you can smoke them on the ship or in port, where allowed BUT don't bring them into the states. IF you are from another country have them shipped to your country directly from where you buy them. :)

In Cozumel, Only buy cuban cigars from La Casa del Habana:

http://www.lacasadelhabanocozumel.net/

They're much more expensive, but at least it's 99% authentic.

99% of Cuban cigars sold on the streets in the Carib are fake! Cheaper, but fake.

Duty Free stores at the airports also have authentic cigars, but those stores on island piers doesn't carry cubans...

My husband is desperate to buy some fresh rolled cigars from Tampa.

Obviously you are unlikely to be sailing out of Tampa but as the area is known for cigar production maybe a lot of Floridan ports sell them too?

Not been to Florida or am I in to cigars so thats the only advice I can give so far.

My hubby always says Cuban cigars are not necessarily the best.

What a complete waste of time...checking folks to see if they have brought a few Cuban cigars into the country.

Surely those highly trained folks at immigration would prefer to deal with more important matters.