Nine days to Vision OTS

Another question.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Is there a separate area for breakfast and lunch for suite guests? I know it varies from ship to ship.

I believe that one of the specialty restaurants that's now on the ship is serving that purpose. Last time I was aboard it was a semi-private room off the deck four MDR. I will check that if someone who has been aboard more recently doesn't beat me to it. :)

Have a great cruise! Could you find out--if requested will they open the solarium canopy? Also menus would be great - I sail later in June. What category cabin do you have? Thanks so much and Bon Voyage!

This one I can answer now. To my knowledge, the Solariums on both Vision and Radiance class vessels have not been opened on any of the ships in recent years. As a hunch I suspect that is compromise to have an enclosed space and an open space (being the main pool) at the same time.

If anybody can check out the new cabins on the 8th floor 8041 that is what we have booked for next year It looks ok but a little narrow Thanks

If that's one of the new panoramic outside cabins, I think you are in for a treat. They're actually larger than standard outsides.

If anybody can check out the new cabins on the 8th floor 8041 that is what we have booked for next year It looks ok but a little narrow Thanks

We just sailed on Vision for the May 22 sailing, we had JS #8048.

It was smaller than other JS, but still a great cabin.

We found the cabin to be very clean...actually the whole ship

LOOKS great.

DARKWOLFE:

We were on the first 5 day cruise after the repositioning. I just don't think the Vision was prepared for a full ship with over a hundred D and up members. I would hope by now all the problems would have been resolved.

There was a seperate area in the MDR set aside for suite guests for breakfast

Solarium roof was closed

Hint: On the last night they had an aerial show in the Centrium. Be sure to get there at least 1/2 hr. early. We were late leaving the MDR and got there just as it started. It was standing room only on all decks, at least 3 deep. So, it was hard to see. It looked like it was great--so get there early

We were in our first OS, so we had a great cruise. I know your's will be also

Bon Voyage

I was on the repositioning cruise from Panama and the first 4 night to Cozumel B2B.

The Schooner Bar staff and Viking Crown staff were among the best I have experienced on any cruise. The Café Latte-tudes was fantastic along with the R-Bar. I did notice that the Solarium Bar was below standard on these sailings.

The specialty restaurants on Vision are excellent along with the main dining room. I was not so thrilled with the Windjammer, but that is not at all my thing anyway. The Park Café had an excellent variety and high standard.

What I did notice was a huge change in the passengers between these two sailings. The April 29 sailing was heavily discounted and the passenger mix varied extremely in comparison to other sailings.

I preferred when the 'Gold Card' suite breakfast was up on deck 5 port-side and had a very private exclusive feel, but they had moved it down to deck 4 starboard. They were using 'My time dining' waiters before, but changed to use waiters from the specialty restaurants for this section of the main dining room. All other passengers enter the dining room port-side deck 4.

I look forward to hearing your point of view on Vision and hope you enjoy your cruise.

If you want to see the aerial show in the Centrum from a different perspective, try from deck 8, that is were we were.

Still crowded but we were there early, you get a great view of them hooking up and can really see the faces on the acrobats as they move up and down the decks.

We are sailing on the Vision to Bermuda, 1 Sep 2014 and looking forward to seeing her since the refit.

We were last on Vision for a 28 night, B-2-B, Round Trip Panama Canal Cruise in October 2012 and loved the ship and the crew.

You all know I will post plenty of food photos as part of my Live Report!

We are sailing on the Vision to Bermuda, 1 Sep 2014 and looking forward to seeing her since the refit.

We were last on Vision for a 28 night, B-2-B, Round Trip Panama Canal Cruise in October 2012 and loved the ship and the crew.

You all know I will post plenty of food photos as part of my Live Report!

I remember that report of yours well. Saw Vision via the Gatun locks webcam both ways through.

If you want to see the aerial show in the Centrum from a different perspective, try from deck 8, that is were we were.

Still crowded but we were there early, you get a great view of them hooking up and can really see the faces on the acrobats as they move up and down the decks.

We saw it from deck 8 also, not the whole show...there was not a lot of room.

It was crazy and amazing all at the same time. I highly recommend it.

If I may add.....regarding comments about the Solarium and Centrum on Vision-class ships......

We were on Grandeur last summer (Vision-class) and the Solarium roof was closed. Some passengers requested that it be opened, and it was. The Centrum area, where a lot of entertainment happens, is small. Smaller than on the Radiance-class ships. If you want to get a seat there, you must get there early. Really early. We had 2 aerial shows during our week on Grandeur, and we watched one from the Centrum, Deck 4 (Main deck,) and one from a higher deck. Each offered different perspectives. Also, you can watch their rehersals any time during the week.

David & Jolene: I hope you guys have a great time! I'll look forward to your review when you get back.

DarkWolfe,

Thanks for starting this thread....I look forward to your review. I will be on the Vision the last week of June 2014. I am also hoping that the reviews here are not reflective of the whole experience.

A couple questions for you to consider if you don't mind:

1) How difficult is it to get a chair at the main pool or Solarium pool?

2) What is the bar situation like? Heard stories of 30-45 minute waits for drinks.

3) If you are self-disembarking, how quickly/smoothly did that process go? We have a before-noon flight out of FLL when we return.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise!!!

If I may add.....regarding comments about the Solarium and Centrum on Vision-class ships......

We were on Grandeur last summer (Vision-class) and the Solarium roof was closed. Some passengers requested that it be opened, and it was. The Centrum area, where a lot of entertainment happens, is small. Smaller than on the Radiance-class ships. If you want to get a seat there, you must get there early. Really early. We had 2 aerial shows during our week on Grandeur, and we watched one from the Centrum, Deck 4 (Main deck,) and one from a higher deck. Each offered different perspectives. Also, you can watch their rehersals any time during the week.

David & Jolene: I hope you guys have a great time! I'll look forward to your review when you get back.

Thanks for adding that in. Like I say, I've never seen them opened at all.

On the MAY 17 sailing the solarium roof was closed. I did inquire about it being opened but was told that they no longer open it, no explanation as to why not. It was hot but bearable. We also saw the aerial shows, very good and the parade of flags was done really well. Try to catch all the fun games in the Centrum in the evening. Very entertaining.

Thanks for volunteering to answer questions!

We will be on the Vision next April for the TA, and have a Panoramic Oceanview Cabin on Deck 7 (7084).

If you have any possibility to take a photo of that cabin or any other POV cabin we would be very grateful!

There are photos of these cabins on other Vision-class ships online, but not on Vision, herself.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!

We are going to be your neighbors on the TA in 7082! Looking forward to it, have you joined the roll call?

Thanks for volunteering to answer questions!

We will be on the Vision next April for the TA, and have a Panoramic Oceanview Cabin on Deck 7 (7084).

If you have any possibility to take a photo of that cabin or any other POV cabin we would be very grateful!

There are photos of these cabins on other Vision-class ships online, but not on Vision, herself.

Wishing you a wonderful cruise!

Thanks for being so helpful. We are on the August Cruise, I'm sailing with my mother. She walks with a walker... and I'm considering renting a wheel chair for her on this cruise. I'm looking at shore excursions for Charleston and Bermuda... and just have a few questions.

How far of a walk is it from the ship to the public transportation in Bermuda? Ship excursions -- do they leave right from the pier outside the ship or is there a walk involved? Are taxis available most of the time? Because of mom's walking difficulties should we just wait until we are on board to book excursions or should we just hire cabs? Any insight you have on this will be greatly appreciated.

Also, in Charleston... the same questions.

Thanks for any info you have... I hope you have a great cruise and wonderful weather!

How far of a walk is it from the ship to the public transportation in Bermuda? Ship excursions -- do they leave right from the pier outside the ship or is there a walk involved? Are taxis available most of the time? Because of mom's walking difficulties should we just wait until we are on board to book excursions or should we just hire cabs? Any insight you have on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any info you have... I hope you have a great cruise and wonderful weather!

I am also on the same sailing of Vision June 9. The public transportation is very close to where Vision will dock in Bermuda. There is also a complimentary shuttle at the Royal Naval Dockyard and stops at King's Wharf where Vision will be docked. I will try and get photos to show the location of the transportation at the pier area. The comp shuttle takes you all over the dockyard area which in itself is interesting and has shops and restaurants and other historical sights.

Thanks Emmy... I appreciate the help. If you could also just take a look at the steps on the shuttle... mom can do steps, it just takes her a little longer and she hates to hold up a line! She'd have to at least have her walker with her... I'm hoping the shuttle can handle that. I'd like to take the ferry... but if it is too much with the walking to the ferry dock it wouldn't work. Any information will really help us plan. And, if it is easier for us, we'll just hire a cab if they are readily available. I know on Sunday we are hoping to be able to go to Catholic Mass. I'm hoping the taxis run on Sunday!

Thanks Emmy... I appreciate the help. If you could also just take a look at the steps on the shuttle... mom can do steps, it just takes her a little longer and she hates to hold up a line! She'd have to at least have her walker with her... I'm hoping the shuttle can handle that. I'd like to take the ferry... but if it is too much with the walking to the ferry dock it wouldn't work. Any information will really help us plan. And, if it is easier for us, we'll just hire a cab if they are readily available. I know on Sunday we are hoping to be able to go to Catholic Mass. I'm hoping the taxis run on Sunday!

I checked my photos and it looks like there is only one step from ground level to the shuttle. I also have a photo of the taxi rates and this is from Aug 2013 when I was there on Celebrity Summit. Looks like there is a surcharge for Sundays. Hope this helps some. :)

14315209936_5a1c7fc86c_b.jpg

13998348154_24f6be9c4c_c.jpg

14017749623_3a69794042_c.jpg

Edited by emmy

We are going to be your neighbors on the TA in 7082! Looking forward to it, have you joined the roll call?

Hello neighbors!

Yes, we are on the Vision TA roll call.

Steve has our names on the list, and we have signed up for the M&M.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Barbara and Orlando

Again... THANK YOU Emmy... your pictures are great... Looks like mom can manage all that.. and the wider entry to the shuttle is a big help (I was thinking it was more like the hop on hop off trolly like we have here in St Augustine, where you have to manage 2 small steps and turn and move getting in... it just isn't easy for her to do that all at once!) The taxi rates help us plan. Again... thank you so much!! Not long before you sail!!! Enjoy!!