Nine days to Vision OTS

Emmy, thanks for your comments and info. We will be doing this same itinerary in August. We have never dined in the speciality restaurants because our kids were too young but would like to this time. However, I don't want to miss any formal night and I want to see every show so I am unsure which nights to book!

Could you possibly help with what nights were formal and which shows were which nights? I would be so grateful.

Good Morning ~ We had two formal nights. One was on day 2 (Tuesday) on this 10 day itinerary and the other one was on Day 8 (Monday )

The show on the first formal evening was a singer impersonator Paul Boland and on the second formal evening was a fav of mine The Unexpected Boys. Both quite enjoyable I did not see any of the RCI production shows.

• 5 months later...

Thanks for making this thread.

I seem to have an addiction for reading reviews on Vision & Splendour as my husband & I are on them both in May 2015.

I don't know if it's because we're Aussie, (too laid back) or we've not really had REALLY bad experiences, but sometimes I think some people complain about very minor things.

I really don't want to stir the pot & start a debate at all- but if everyone can remember their very first cruise- all the fresh smells, new & exciting things to see & do... That's what we try & do every time we step on a ship.

Last cruise in April, our room steward refused to clean/make up our room for 5 days because she thought the $20 tip I gave her at the start of the cruise was her gratuities for the whole cruise! Did it ruin our cruise? HELL NO! It was fine- because I don't clean my whole house twice a day, every single day! & infact- it meant I could relax more- not worrying about getting in her way when she came to clean.

Our drinks waitress was nearly non existent on the same cruise- so when I did catch her- we would order 2 drinks each & we made sure we walked in to the MDR with drinks as well.

It just made for more table chatting with the other couples- who were all very fun & entertaining people.

Just my opinion. I know some people pay mega bucks for cruises & want impeccable service & to be treated like royalty- & that's fine- I know my grandma is like that- but maybe everyone else needs to take a deep breath & think- Will this effect my life in 1 year's time? If the answer is no- then maybe don't worry about it as much?!

Happy Sailings! :-)