Eastern Med – 11 nts – prep required?

hirobmay

We're just off the 10 day Reflection Med cruise, and a lot of the best advice has already been given. There were 4 of us so it made sense to use Rome Cabs for all our transports, worked really well, and the total lack of aggravation and work made it well worth the cost. This is a really intensive vacation, we found it helpful to save steps and energy when we could. I do however have a couple of suggestions to add. Ephesus is well worth seeing and does not require a full day, the longer tours also go to other places such as the House of the Virgin Mary and usually a carpet factory, but a 1/2 day tour of just Ephesus is all you need. Make sure you choose one that includes the Terrace Houses. Your roll call is likely organizing a variety of private tours (which we did) but I don't think the cost is prohibitive for just 2 of you. Look at HelloEphesus and Go Ephesus for local tours. In Santorini, it makes a huge difference how many ships are in port. Unfortunately, there were 9000 cruise passengers there for our visit, I'll spare you the details on crowds. Google "Santorini Port Guide" to see how many ships will be there with you. If it's a busy day, take a ship's tour to Oia and get in line early for the cable car down. If it's a quiet day, you can get off the ship when you want, take the cable car up the cliff (notice I didn't mention the donkeys) and catch a taxi to Oia where the best views are. Mykonos is a delight, probably our favorite port, beautiful scenery and easy to wander around the lovely little streets in the town.

We are on the 11 day cruise very soon. When arrriving at Mykonos can you walk to the town and beach?

Thanks

Ohhhh...I love Mykonos:D and yes, you can walk to town and all

around the town too:D I never went to the beach so can't help

with that one....but the town? Yes....very walkable. If you like

Museums? There is one in the middle of town and it is really

interesting too:)

Hello

We are doing the same itinery and plan as follows:

A few days is Rome ....can you spend long enough there?

Private transfer to Civitavecchia and the ship.

Santorini - for the OP itinery 6 August 4 ships are shown as due in - expect crowds but the X itinery shows arrival at 14:00 which may help(??). We will do our own thing.

Istanbul - overnight - been there before and its a great place IMO. Many things to see inc (just to put a different list up) Dolmabahçe Palace; Rahmi M Koç Museum (look them up on the web). Again we intend to do our own thing.

Ephasus - been to both Kusadasi and Ephasus before but will still go to Ephasus .. not sure how yet. (4 ships shown as due in Kusadasi)

Mykonos ... do own thing. (5 ships showing as due).

Athens ......do own thing...(2 ships showing due). Supposed to now be a cheap bus to take you to Acropolis.

Naples...tour to Pompeii (2 ships showing due).

We do like to have R&R but do like to get away from the ship as well. We have private car to the airport at Rome and are expecting to spend the afternoon theer -possible a long lunch to pass the time.

We are hoping that those who do the Reflection cruise before us post some info - I have heard that there are 2 formal nights - but would like information on entertainment and other tips about the cruise.

Edited by 4Mast