Beer on board?

ted123

Carry it on and place it in the fridge. Also check into purchasing the 22 oz DCL mug, very nice glass mug to keep, when you get it refilled you only get charged for 16 oz of beer. :D I got the 22 oz mug and I have it ready in my kitchen cabinet for my return cruise next year so I dont have to buy another one.

Plus when I am feeling "Disney" I fill that sucker up!:)

I was told breakable containers in carry on.. cans are ok for luggage the crew takes to your room... I had 72 cans packed.. no issues!

That's not what the written policy says. And cans may be crushed or split open! DCL's policy on their site is that beverages may be brought on board in carry on luggage.

There are plenty of anecdotal stories of what the porters at the terminal allowed. These are NOT DCL employees and they are interested in their tips. They often will slap a label on a case of water and put it with checked luggage....but that's not DCL's policy.

If any liquid in your suitcase breaks and damages another guest's luggage or contents, you will be responsible for the cost of cleaning/repair/replacement provided the offending case can be traced to you.

As one who had a suitcase reaking of wine smell from some other guest's actions, I urge you to follow the policy.

Having seen the way luggage is handled in general there is no way it's a good idea to put cans in checked baggage!

Having had some idiot put alcohol in their luggage and get it all over my stuff, we no longer let DCL handle our luggage. It is more effort to do it ourselves, but a lot less effort than dealing with the mess that results from guests and porters who opt to not follow the regulations.

Having seen the way luggage is handled in general there is no way it's a good idea to put cans in checked baggage!

Here's a picture that was posted a while ago. It's a "luggage holding area" onboard the Fantasy. And, yes, the bags were actually tossed into the pile.

2n1rmg9.jpg