Is this a kosher way to book?

I just re-priced a cruise for next June under the extended BOGHO sale. I have a 24-hour hold on this cruise already, but I wanted to see whether the price had changed.

Well it had. A lot!

I was holding two balconies @ $3208 per cabin.

Today, when I book ONE cabin, I get $2810 because a discount I didn't get before has been applied. If I book two cabins, the second one is more (doesn't have the discount, but still has BOGHO, and has a $100 OBC).

If I make two separate bookings, I get the discount on both. So, almost $300 less per cabin.

Now, obviously, I can't sail in both cabins....so is this kosher?

I could try grabbing one with my husband's name and C&A number to see if he gets the same result, I guess, because that would be kosher, would it not?

I am guessing that you are booking both cabins under your RC account online. It will only take the C&A discount off the cabin you are in. If you put another C&A member in the second cabin (like your husband) you will get the discount on that as well, but you will have to call to get it applied.

You can also try booking directly under his account, as I assume he has your status.

Your post is a bit confusing as to the mysterious discount you are getting.

Edited by marci22

If you book two rooms, at least one of the names in each booking has to stay the same and they wont let you book two rooms with the same two passengers in them. So this is what I did:

Room A:

I put myself and my mother n law (she is not traveling with us)

Room B:

I put my wife, father n law and sister n law. (They are not traveling)

I did this because room a only allwos two people. Room b allows three. We may have a small one by our cruise and if so, we didn't want to get stuck with losing a cabin and paying that days rates one we found out if we would need the third person cabin or not.

Anyways, you have up till 24hrs before the cruise to change passenger names with no fees. So if we keep the two person room, I will change my mother n law to my wife and cancel room b.

If we need room b, I will cancel room a, adding my name to room b and our babies. Cancelling my father n law and sister n law. None of which will make us pay the rate of whatever day it is we do the name changes and room cancelling.

Plus, it should make someone really happy with a nice JS in the allure when it pops up at probably a really low rate or someone getting that upgrade.

Edited by Ocean_Waves

Both are right now on hold with me and TBD as passengers.

But just to be on the safe side, my husband did a booking as well and got the same price.

I don't mean to be mysterious. It was just a discount on the first passenger's fare that popped up on the booking. Who knows why? But I am not going to question it.