Starbucks at Sea

For those of you who have sailed on the Allure- do you know if the Starbucks accepts gold cards or gift cards or if purchases must go on your sea pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those of you who have sailed on the Allure- do you know if the Starbucks accepts gold cards or gift cards or if purchases must go on your sea pass?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, they accept gold and gift cards. Only on Allure and Oasis.

Starbucks cards are accepted only at the Starbucks kiosk and only on Oasis and Allure.

Edited by clarea

Does it have to be the actual Starbucks plastic card, or can you use the iPhone app with the gold card linked to it? I don't know if I even have my actual Gold card any longer (or where it would be hiding). Always just have them scan the barcode on my phone.

Does that mean if you have free drinks that you get them with your Gold Card?

Actually this is a good question. You are going on Allure before me, so could you possibly find out and come back and let us know?

I'm pretty sure you can't redeem free drinks, but you do get stars for those you purchase onboard. This has come up before in previous threads.

• 3 weeks later...
An even better question is do you have to be on wifi to use the app?!?!

Just off the Allure on Sunday. We used the Starbucks App on our iPhones (as well as the Passbook) at the Starbucks onboard with no problem and without using wifi. They just scanned QR Code on the phone. PERFECT. (I might add that the free coffee on the ship was excellent. It was not that liquid Nescafe garbage that they serve on the Disney ships)

Just off the Allure on Sunday. We used the Starbucks App on our iPhones (as well as the Passbook) at the Starbucks onboard with no problem and without using wifi. They just scanned QR Code on the phone. PERFECT. (I might add that the free coffee on the ship was excellent. It was not that liquid Nescafe garbage that they serve on the Disney ships)

As asked before, do you know if you can get free drinks if you have enough stars? Thanks for the info

As asked before, do you know if you can get free drinks if you have enough stars? Thanks for the info

Sorry. Don't know about that. I didn't have enough stars for a reward so I didn't ask.

I'm on the Oasis right now. I have a free drink reward on my card. I asked on the first day about using my reward. I was told I couldn't use rewards, but I am earning stars. :)

I do not have a Starbucks Gold Card (I'm a D&D girl) but my dd and ds will

frequent Starbucks on the Oasis.

Is it correct I can purchase Starbucks loaded gift cards and give to them for use for the week?

This is great news.

Thank you.

I do not have a Starbucks Gold Card (I'm a D&D girl) but my dd and ds will

frequent Starbucks on the Oasis.

Is it correct I can purchase Starbucks loaded gift cards and give to them for use for the week?

This is great news.

Thank you.

The cards can only be used on Oasis or Allure.

I used my Starbucks card via the app on my phone on Oasis with no problem. You don't need to be on wifi, you obviously just won't see your updated balance until you connect, but as long as you know there is money on it, it's fine.

The gold card mentioned is the starbucks issued gold card NOT the crown and anchor pinnacle or suite gold card. Starbucks sends a gold card to replace the standard design preloaded card to those who make enough purchases in one year. It is not permanent, it requires 30 separate purchases/stars a year in order to maintain. It comes with special benefits.

The app works on Oasis and Allure as well as the card. They could just type in your number, too, but it seems if you have your number, you'd likely have a card or the app available.

Another advantage to the starbucks card is that it works in any country and starbucks does the currency conversion at the exact rate with no service fee. So when you arrive in another country, even if you don't have cash for the taxi fare, you can alway buy a cup of coffee if there is a starbucks around.

Gina

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing on Allure, and I understand that the stand-alone Starbucks will accept our Starbucks Rewards. We don't want to redeem rewards but would like to earn stars. We will have our iPhones with us but may not be carrying them around all of the time, so a gift card may be easier. We use our apps 100% of the time at home, if we go into a Starbucks and load money on a gift card am I correct that I can log onto the Starbucks Rewards site and link it to my account. Anyone done it this way and earned stars? If not I will use the app, but seems like a card will be easier to stick in my pocket.

Thanks!

Sailing on Allure, and I understand that the stand-alone Starbucks will accept our Starbucks Rewards. We don't want to redeem rewards but would like to earn stars. We will have our iPhones with us but may not be carrying them around all of the time, so a gift card may be easier. We use our apps 100% of the time at home, if we go into a Starbucks and load money on a gift card am I correct that I can log onto the Starbucks Rewards site and link it to my account. Anyone done it this way and earned stars? If not I will use the app, but seems like a card will be easier to stick in my pocket.

Thanks!

Yes you can. You can have more than one card linked to your account also. I at one point had three cards linked. The stars are awarded to your account, not the card perse.

The onboard store will not redeem rewards but will earn you stars.