Cave tubing - which one??

river525

If you go with any of the BIG THREE (Extreme, Wet N Wild, and Reggies), you will be fine. All are reputable and go out of their way to insure a great trip. Price varies, and some include lunch. Other factors include group size limits, type of vehicle used to transport you to the caving area, and number of caves you float thru.

Hola rio,

I agree. All of the major tour companies do a fantastic job and cruise critic is one of the reasons. These companies do not want any bad publicity and , believe me, if someone has a gripe, it shows up here on the boards. One thing that you need to know, is to take cash for final payment. Most of the companies are not set up for credit cards although I used a card for the deposit when I booked Wet & Wild.

Go cavetubing! You won't regret it.

River525,

We used Coral Breeze and loved it. We had to put a small deposit down online (used credit card) and then we had to pay the rest in cash when we arrived at the Tourism Village. I would highly recommend it!

• 2 weeks later...

I would definitely go with cave-tubing.com! I just got off the ship yesterday and we did this tour last Thursay because they were highly recommended off of this website. Yhony and Junior were great! The ride to the river is about 45 minutes, but it was fun and educational. There were a total of 24 people but we had 3 guides. You walk about 30 minutes to get to the entrance of the river and then you make a train of 8 people. Walking on the trail we passed people that had gone with different companies, but let them loose in the cave and one lady stopped us and said this is very dangerous I wouldn't do it. But we formed 3 groups of 8 and linked together and at no time in the caves or on the river was our life in danger or was there chaos. They kept us informed of when to paddle to avoid rocks, when to get our bottoms up, and when just to lay back and relax. And you don't pay until you are back at the port-because they are out to please you the entire trip! And the stop at Amigos is great there chicken and rice was wonderful and I am a picky eater. This trip was great and we will be back! This was all for $50.00-an incredible deal!!!!

We are leaning towards taking the cave tubing with the zip trekking excursion. I know its offered through the ship (Grand Princess) any comments on that one? I heard the ship excursions can be pretty packed #s in the 100s compared to if you go with Extreme (or one of the others) where your group is more like 20 people .. any comments on that?

I went with Reggie last week and had a great trip. $45. We had the fantastic lunch for $5.

The Miracle price was $99 and involved bus-loads of people. They entered the river below us and missed the longest cave.

Cavetubing.com had their van parked next to Reggie. Looked like a similar operation.

We are using Nacho in a few weeks and can't wait! We are paying $70 pp but feel we are in good hands. It saves me $60 from booking thru Carnival and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about this tour. And others have said they enjoy their lunch at the air-conditioned resturant alot too.

We leave for the Glory in 17 days!:D

Cruizinrican

I am booked with Coral Breeze. They initially took an $11.00 deposit and when I asked, they allowed me to put the remaining $48.00 on my credit card. I liked that as I didn't want to be handing cash out to strangers who may or may not represent a particular company.

Any of you who have recently traveled please see my post concerning reviews. Thanks and I can't wait to hit the water!

:) Jaguar Paw is a resort that was written up in Forbes, this is where many of the guides take you. For a 1 block walk to the Radison and some uncertainty because you will not get an extensive conformation, but a one line e-mail from the owner Cy Young. You will get the best deal ($90) and if you ask for Edgar as a driver have a wonderful excursion, and a great lunch inside the resort's dining room, something that you can't do with large groups. Edgar also showed us the rooms and took us on a short walk around the resort, 16 rooms. Kids and parents were all very pleased. FS

Archived