First P&O Cruise - Possibly our last!

lcheater

I have sailed P and O and then Celebrity and back to P and O again

In my opinion P and O have dropped in standards since my first cruise with them in 2008, no doubt about it

My biggest dislike though was less ports and less time spent in ports,

we did the same cruise 5 years apart and the difference was very noticeable,

2008 8 ports, 2013 5 ports ( cut down to 4 because of weather)

The staff are rushed off their feet, and I was told by a staff member they are so busy they don't have time to wash their uniforms so I am sorry to say I have found that quite a few of them smell

These problems are down to P and O management, that is why P and O are no longer my first choice

The staff are rushed off their feet, and I was told by a staff member they are so busy they don't have time to wash their uniforms so I am sorry to say I have found that quite a few of them smell

What absolute nonsense!!!!!!. Staff are always smart and clean. As for them smelling, well that doesn't even merit a comment.

What absolute nonsense!!!!!!. Staff are always smart and clean. As for them smelling, well that doesn't even merit a comment.

Actually, a few of them do smell as they don't appear to use anti-perspirant.:p

Errr yes they did, I was there :rolleyes:

Weve been there too......deoderant is clearly lacking and when its a waiter in the MDR it doesnt half put you off your food as they lean over your shoulder to serve your meal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with many of you that its hard to compare a 2 night cruise with a longer one. However, I also believe that people cannot negate the OPs views unless they have experienced another cruise line apart from P&O. How can someone say P&O is the best when they have only tried P&O?

Weve been there too......deoderant is clearly lacking and when its a waiter in the MDR it doesnt half put you off your food as they lean over your shoulder to serve your meal.

Exactly my experience.

Maybe it is more the lack of deodorant then, but some of the shirts smelt of stale BO like they need a wash, it was very off putting, and it has been a problem on Oceana and Azura.

I think you will find that most people were not negating the OP's experience on his 2 night trip. Most felt that no cruise line shines on these 'party cruises'.

I don't think any cruise line is 'best'. It's what is 'best' for you as an individual, taking into account price, itinerary and atmosphere preference.

I've been on P&O, Princess, Celebrity and Carnival. Sailing from Barbados, Barcelona and (very handy for us) Southampton. All were carefully chosen and thoroughly enjoyed. All had their minuses and pluses. We met great people and visited fabulous places.JMHO:D

I also believe that people cannot negate the OPs views unless they have experienced another cruise line apart from P&O. How can someone say P&O is the best when they have only tried P&O?

What an excellent observation Kev.

Rose tinted spectacles and blinkers are obviously the fashion in the North East :D

It gets wearing reading posts from those that constantly knock P&O. Personally I also always get excellent service, enjoy the food, the entertainment etc etc etc. Maybe you reap what you sow.

I know what you mean. We are no longer able to fly and have started cruising as a result. We chose P&O because they do roundtrips from Southampton and I am getting so fed up of reading posts which continually sneer at P&O. If people prefer other cruise lines, well that's their prerogative. I do object to posters making those who do cruise with P&O sound like the cruising underclass.

Maybe it is more the lack of deodorant then, but some of the shirts smelt of stale BO like they need a wash, it was very off putting, and it has been a problem on Oceana and Azura.

Speaking from my experience, having been on 20+ cruises with many cruise lines, I have never had this problem and I have a good nose. Just back from the Ventura and all the staff were very smart and "smell friendly" !!

I have noticed the same problem, but it's a personal thing and has absolutely nothing to do with the cruise line. I did once have cause to mention it to the Maitre D on Thomsons about one particular member of staff, quietly and succinctly and it was dealt with in the same way. Sometimes people are unaware of the situation themselves and it needs someone else to broach the subject. :)

What an excellent observation Kev.

Rose tinted spectacles and blinkers are obviously the fashion in the North East :D

It is interesting that I have never said P&O are the best but I have to put up with abuse from people who cannot read and understand.

Please stop your abuse Mr Baker.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree with many of you that its hard to compare a 2 night cruise with a longer one. However, I also believe that people cannot negate the OPs views unless they have experienced another cruise line apart from P&O. How can someone say P&O is the best when they have only tried P&O?

I see you have started again having a go at me. You rely need to learn how to read. If you are talking about me then sho everyone where I have said P&O are best. Do not tell lies about me again.

Edited by daiB

It is interesting that I have never said P&O are the best but I have to put up with abuse from people who cannot read and understand.

Please stop your abuse Mr Baker.

I apologise, I thought that you would be able to accept a bit of banter as P&O's biggest supporter, though obviously I was wrong, so once again please accept my sincerest apologies.

I see you have started again having a go at me. You rely need to learn how to read. If you are talking about me then sho everyone where I have said P&O are best. Do not tell lies about me again.

"I do not care where the ship goes.:D

Cruising is the thing. Ports get in the way.

However overall from the UK p&o offer by far the best choice."

Gan Canny

March 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM

Dai. "

Sorry, but you did ask!

I apologise, I thought that you would be able to accept a bit of banter as P&O's biggest supporter, though obviously I was wrong, so once again please accept my sincerest apologies.

Thank you but sometimes the banter goes too far. I accept some but not when people do not read what I write and put words in my mouth. You can go as far back as you like in have never said that P&O were the best company. I have said I like the company and that they suit me as well as thousands of others.

"I do not care where the ship goes.:D

Cruising is the thing. Ports get in the way.

However overall from the UK p&o offer by far the best choice."

Gan Canny

March 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM

Dai. "

Sorry, but you did ask!

Sorry but you are proving my point you cannot read to understand. The point I was making was that P&O have the greatest of choice of cruises ex UK. They cruise now for 12 months and have many more ships ex UK than any other line.

I did not say they were best. I said they provided the best choice. You do not have to go on another line to make that conclusion.

Do you me really and show

Could be.

No lies dai. I simply said how can someone say P&O are the best when they have not cruised elsewhere. Where have I lied?

Go and try a Princess or Celebrity cruise and report back and then your opinions will have more merit.

Edited by kevinyork
addition

No lies dai. I simply said how can someone say P&O are the best when they have not cruised elsewhere. Where have I lied?

Go and try a Princess or Celebrity cruise and report back and then your opinions will have more merit.

Because I have never claimed that P&O are the best. Perhaps you have difficulty understanding that.