transportation for shore excursions for toddlers

sampup333

We are travelling on the Disney Wonder to their private island and Grand Cayman. I see many people saying their toddler loved certain excursions (stingray city, etc). We will have 4 kids - ages 6, 4, 3, and 22 months. How do you get to these places without car seats? Or do people just go without car seats in the taxis/shuttles? If anyone has any particular excursion suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Disney has a dock at the private island and you just walk off the ship and you are there. Everything is an easy stroll from the ship. Easy.

On Grand Cayman- if you do a ship tour you would be on a bus or mini-bus and there won't be seatbelts. If you do your own thing, you could try to get car seats but I didn't bother. We love the beach near the Westin Hotel, which will allow you to rent beach chairs for the day (you will need 2 at least).

We used the bubble bum inflatable car booster seat for our kids (in Cozumel in the taxi/van ride to Chankanaab.) In Cayman it was a mini bus and there were no seat belts :( I'm kind of a car seat stickler though. My almost 7 year old just finally got out of her 5 point harness seat and into a regular seatbelted high back booster.